Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Hi all, just got back from the benifit. Charlie and Meryl were there but didn't skate. They were kind enough to sign and take a photo with every single person there (and the place was packed). I have a bunch of new photos of them and my sister asked them if they carry around their medals and all of a sudden Meryl opens her purse and there her medal was!! I got a few photos of it. Charlie said his was locked away.
    After worlds they will be skating in Moscow and I think they said Paris. They are doing some SOI afterwards. I'll be posting about the show in the announcement thread.
    They were called onto the ice at the end and recieved a standing O for about 3 minutes from the crowd. It was announced that they weren't skating but Meryl and Charlie sliding around and Meryl pretended to do a spin. They were not wearing medals or anything. My sister was one of the last in line for the autograph when she asked.

vCash
    mysticchic!!! Thanks for the report!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    The OD's are 50's, 60's or 70's dances.
    I wonder about something from Grease maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    After worlds they will be skating in Moscow and I think they said Paris. They are doing some SOI afterwards. I'll be posting about the show in the announcement thread.
    Oh dear, now I'm wondering afresh if that means no time for D.C. SOI . . .
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    I wonder about something from Grease maybe.
    That would be what I am afraid of. I am expecting 10's of programs to Grease, Elvis and the Beatles.

vCash
    That would be what I am afraid of. I am expecting 10's of programs to Grease, Elvis and the Beatles.
    I remember in 98 (I think) the OD was jive and there seemed to be a million Grease numbers.... I hope we see a variety of choices!

vCash
    I don't know how well the Door's music would work for an OD, but I would like to see Charlie channeling Jim Morrison.

What about the music of Van Morrison like "Moon Dance" or "Brown Eyed Girl?" I also like The Who's "My Generation," but I'm not sure if that is OD material.

I would love to see Meryl dressed up in a 1960's mod outfit.

There are so many great songs to pick from in these 3 decades, that I hope and pray that their is a variety in the OD's next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Oh dear, now I'm wondering afresh if that means no time for D.C. SOI . . .
    Looks that way.

This thread appears to match what Mysticchic heard: D/W will be doing shows in Russia and other cities after worlds, then it appears they will come back and do the Ice Chips shows in Boston, and then SOI. Bummer for us in the cities in the early part of SOI. I hope we can at least see Shen/Zhao.

Hmmm, I'm not too far from Hershey or Reading.....

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    OT but I'd love to see Evan and Emily do disco seeing as how Evan has all the moves down perfectly already.

I could picture Meryl and Charlie as hippies....maybe they could do something from the late '60's.
    Emily and Evan simply must do a disco OD, but I really hope they choose a song that isn't overused shlock.

As for Meryl and Charlie, if they go 60s, I think something to Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky could be fun, but if they go more of the Motown route (of which I'm one of the three people on the planet who cannot stand the popular tunes from that genre), I'd like to see them skate to something along the lines of Ray Charles' "Doin' the Mess Around" - it's upbeat, has a great groove, and some wonderful accents in the music that could really enhance the choreography.

As far as the overall theme for next season's OD, I'm bracing myself for the overuse and abuse of the soundtracks from Grease, Stand By Me, Hair, Saturday Night Fever, and The Big Chill . I still have scars from F-P/M's atrocious "I Will Survive" FD from 2002(?), but it wouldn't surprise me if that song becomes the Kalinka of this OD Theme.
    Gun Control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to buy cars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    As far as the overall theme for next season's OD, I'm bracing myself for the overuse and abuse of the soundtracks from Grease, Stand By Me, Hair, Saturday Night Fever, and The Big Chill .
    And don't forget Mamma Mia.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Emily and Evan simply must do a disco OD, but I really hope they choose a song that isn't overused shlock.
    If Emily and Evan don't do disco, I might get a little mad, even if I have no business doing so...

As for Meryl and Charlie, if they go 60s, I think something to Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky could be fun, but if they go more of the Motown route (of which I'm one of the three people on the planet who cannot stand the popular tunes from that genre), I'd like to see them skate to something along the lines of Ray Charles' "Doin' the Mess Around" - it's upbeat, has a great groove, and some wonderful accents in the music that could really enhance the choreography.
    I feel like I've seen them dance to that music before, in an exhibition from Juniors. Let me see if I can find it...aha, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYAEV...eature=related. Charlie's wearing suspenders, aww.

vCash
    Oh, yeah, I remember that exhibition! I knew "Doin' the Mess Around" sounded familiar! Was "Sway" from the 50s? I made a montage of them doing "Sway" and it's a great song. Shae and Vic did it in Kurt Browning's show in 2003. "Sway" would be along the lines of Beyond the Sea. Oh, there are so many possibilities!

vCash
    That was very cute!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    I didnt think of that - you might be right about it being a popular choice. Still there are loads of good songs there and I doubt everyone who uses Grease would pick the same song to dance to.

Even it does turn out to be over-popular, I still think D/W could do a really good OD to it. The music is very dance-able, suits their skating style, and they seem to do well in "roles".

vCash
    Having an OD that stands out is a good thing-think D&W's Bollywood this year or DomShabs "Jazz Waltz" last year. Of course too different isn't great either--think DomShabs Aborigines.

If they're playing for the win, they will want every advantage they can get.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I found this interview from before the Olympics where D/W talk about their relationship and their training: http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/22617080/index.html. There are shots of them exercising in the gym, which I thought were really cool.

vCash
    Anyone who says ice dance is not a sport should watch that clip!

vCash
    Really nice interview.

Am I the only one who thinks Meryl's voice is kind of adorable?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Really nice interview.

Am I the only one who thinks Meryl's voice is kind of adorable?
    Me too !!

vCash
    As to FD's, I'd like to see them do something more modern.

How about this for an idea:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Globa...ty-and-Twitter

Do a Wyclef Jean medley, dedicating it to the Haiti earthquake victims?

I'm thinking Hips Don't Lie (as performed with Shakira)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUT5rEU6pqM
    and Fast Car (here with Paul Simon)?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxlxlRMHBc

And perhaps Rivers of Babylon that Jean sang to end the Hope for Haiti Now show?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4C4DZ13iPA

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast