Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

vCash
    How can you see which SOI cities they're going to? When I go to the SOI site and click on their tour schedule, nothing comes up.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    How can you see which SOI cities they're going to? When I go to the SOI site and click on their tour schedule, nothing comes up.
    I'm not in Tampa, but I got an e-mail from Ticketmaster about SOI tix in my city, and it mentioned every cast member as performing....and then had a disclaimer that not all skaters appear in all cities. I assume it was an e-mail sent by SOI to Ticketmaster for distribution and it's not specifically tailored for each city. So just b/c certain skaters were listed in the e-mail doesn't mean they'll actually be there.

There are still no dates on the SOI website listed for D/W, or S/Z or Mirai. My guess is the tour dates are still not finalized.

I would love to see D/W at the DC show, esp since I missed the Kaleidoscope show, but since SOI starts just a few days after Worlds ends, and since D/W are doing the Ice Chips shows about 2 weeks later, I could see them taking a break after Worlds and not joining the tour until after Ice Chips, which would mean they'd miss DC.

I doubt D/W or V/M would appear on a TV show if it conflicts in any way with their training, but perhaps B/A would do something like that, assuming they retire as they have hinted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I would love to see D/W at the DC show, esp since I missed the Kaleidoscope show, but since SOI starts just a few days after Worlds ends, and since D/W are doing the Ice Chips shows about 2 weeks later, I could see them taking a break after Worlds and not joining the tour until after Ice Chips, which would mean they'd miss DC.
    Oh, that would really stink. I want to see them so badly . . .
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Okay, I've watched a lot of Olympics in my time but I've decided that the single most beautiful Olympic moment for me now is watching Meryl, Charlie, Tessa, and Scott hugging one another during the medal ceremony with that beautiful Mahler music in the background. I swear I've cried every time I've watched it. Truly amazing the sincere sportsmanship between them. Just watch their faces and you know it's true.

They've turned me into a complete sap.

vCash
    I got an email from the Providence Dunkin Donut center, the Ft. Meyers arena, and the Tampa arena directly. At various times I have purchased tickets for skating at those areas through their websites, and so I'm on their email list.

vCash

What should D&W skate to next season?

The OD's are 50's, 60's or 70's dances.

I think it would be cool if they did a 70's number, partially 1970's Springsteen (maybe Born to Run), but partially based on Slow Dance (what you did when not rockin out).

http://www.wikihow.com/Slow-Dance
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...306907508459#\

This song would work. You need close holds for the circular step, and D&W are criticized for not having enough close holds. In slow dancing, it was all cheek to cheek and draped all over each other, so they could use this to show they can too do close holds.

1977 Johnny Rivers Swaying to the Music (Slow Dancin')

vCash
    I'd love to see them do something from the '50s or early '60s, just because I love that music.

vCash
    There are some great programs you could do from the 50's.

I'm thinking a Buddy Holly program would be good:

Maybe Everyday?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=dm_mu_dp_trk5

Or That'll be the Day?

or
    I'm Lookin for Someone to Love?

It might be even better for Evan & Emily. I could so see him as Buddy Holly.

Or Ritchie Valens

(La Bamba plus Oh Donna)

And one of my favorite dance tunes when I was young

Rockin' Robin

The 60's, the temptation would be to do something from the musical Hair

Somebody will surely start a routine with the American Bandstand theme song, I'd think.

vCash
    Just because everyone who apparently thinks "Marlie" is a good nickname, I just wanted to chime in and say that I HATE it. I think it is twee and awful.

I'd sort of like them to do something along the lines of Beyond the Sea (Darin's version was released in 1959) if the OD actually exists next year.

vCash
    Looks like the fifties are in favor.

BTW, here's my favorite 50's rock program by T&D. Most of these moves are straight from what we used to do to 50's early 60's rock:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEHsR679g1M

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Looks like the fifties are in favor.

BTW, here's my favorite 50's rock program by T&D. Most of these moves are straight from what we used to do to 50's early 60's rock:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEHsR679g1M
    omg. I don't know how T&D practiced to that music. Having to hear it just three times in a row drove me mad. Having to hear it every day in practice would have made me cut myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    omg. I don't know how T&D practiced to that music. Having to hear it just three times in a row drove me mad. Having to hear it every day in practice would have made me cut myself.
    Agree. It just seemed to go on and on, didn't it?

I'm still thinking about their music choices...I do think that "Beyond the Sea" would make a great OD, though.

vCash
    I have no idea why they picked that music-it sounds sort of like a rock beat version of Variations on a Theme by Paganini I don't like the music either. Of course, there weren't all that many rock songs with no lyrics, so the kids were on their own back then.

About all I remember that were lyric free were Wipeout, Green Onions, & The Lonely Bull. I'm sure there were others .but.not.very.many. I've never thought that Wipeout was a very auspicious choice for skaters, BTW

OTOH, the holds and steps they do are

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I'm Lookin for Someone to Love?
    It might be even better for Evan & Emily. I could so see him as Buddy Holly.
    OT but I'd love to see Evan and Emily do disco seeing as how Evan has all the moves down perfectly already.

I could picture Meryl and Charlie as hippies....maybe they could do something from the late '60's.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Yes, it would be the temptation to put them into the 1960's--however, can you imagine the "sloppy" and "flailing" critiques they'd get, given that the dances of the 60's were sloppy and flailing (not to mention fun )

vCash
    Yeah, but, I'm just over the picture of Meryl and Charlie as hippies! What an idea, T&Bfan! So many great rockin' songs from the late 60s, too. I would love to see them rock something. I mean, I loved their exhibition from BTS, they did such a great job with it, but I'd love to see them do something like "Aquarius" or some Hendrix. And (as Doris mentioned) would it be too obvious for them to do "Hair"?

vCash
    I think it would be cool if they did a Motown OD.

The tight fun synchronized dance moves from the Four Tops, Temptations, or the girl groups of that time would give them fun yet controlled movement to interpret. Plus it's sooo appropriate- after all they are Motown kids born and bred!!

My girl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRwmgYEUr8

Where did our love go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uznukXk4eEc

Heat wave, My guy, Reach out I'll be there.... so many countless awesome songs!!! With really infectious driving beats.

I also think it would suit them stylistically- because it's still a little mod and edgy. I can't see them in a hippy style- though they already have the hair going for it.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    So many good ideas. I love the idea of Motown and soul for them. I have "Hit the road, Jack" by Ray Charles suck in my head now...oh wait, they've already done Ray Charles.

So many styles they could pick, it will be interesting to see what direction they go. I'd love to see them do a solid rock n' roll number but perhaps they will want something more unique. Though Beyond the Sea was the first thing that popped into my head when the OD theme was announced. I'm thinking Sinatra could work. They have a flair for big band stuff.

I recorded the Rachel Ray show two weeks ago, when D/W were on for about 2 seconds. I taped my tv screen (so low-tech, sorry) and uploaded it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eecj2fi73yE

vCash
    I do like Hit the Road Jack!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I do like Hit the Road Jack!
    Would Meryl get to mime slapping Charlie?

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast