Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1001
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    168
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I like Marlie as well haha....and I so jealous that they are going to be in RI. I have tickets to the SOI in St. Louis!!...so how bout they make their way there!!! haha. So glad this thread is back where it's suppose to be...i was dying without it! I mean I get they need to make money...but can we never mention the olympics again? I don't see what's wrong with it! It's not like we were just talking about the olympics. anyway oh well I'm over it. Marlie is back now im good! haha

  2. #22
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5116
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3454
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I guess they took "beauty secrets" from all of them, plus Johnny, but I'm not really sure I'd look to Caydee Denney for any tips.

  4. #24
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5116
    Is there anyone who speaks Russian who would be willing to transcribe an interview that NTV did with Marina and Igor after the Olys FD? They discuss both D/W and V/M. It's a 25-minute interview, so it looks like it would be pretty informative. I have it downloaded and would just need to upload it to a file-sharing site. Thanks in advance!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    There's one near you!!! :)
    Posts
    3,952
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I'll bet they are exhausted. Soon be training for Worlds. Wow, what a totally season they have had!
    I wonder if they have a chance at the world title? I just hope the dance event in Torino seems a bit less pre-programmed.

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    559
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Is there anyone who speaks Russian who would be willing to transcribe an interview that NTV did with Marina and Igor after the Olys FD? They discuss both D/W and V/M. It's a 25-minute interview, so it looks like it would be pretty informative. I have it downloaded and would just need to upload it to a file-sharing site. Thanks in advance!
    The article was already translated (at least in part - didn't seem 25 minutes long) in the Ice dance Oly forum. I'm a bit scared to post it here because it's 'Olympic related', though.

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I believe I read somewhere that Davis and White were talking about creating new exhibition programs for SOI tour. Could they please use the first half of their gorgeous "Samson and Delilah" program for SOI number? It was so beautiful and I'm sure they'll bring some wonderful memories back for the audience with that dance to the aria. Of course like they said, some changes might be needed, they could take off part of the elements and add more dance characters in. Also, they could change the vocal version of their competitive program into an orchestra version, like Joanne Rochette and Jeffrey Buttle did. Or they could choose Muse "I belong to you", with the melody of that aria in the middle.

  8. #28
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5116
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    The article was already translated (at least in part - didn't seem 25 minutes long) in the Ice dance Oly forum. I'm a bit scared to post it here because it's 'Olympic related', though.
    That appears to be a different interview. This one was done in a studio and shown on NTV. They showed footage of D/W's and V/M's programs, while Igor and Marina commented on them.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    I think, you talk about Vaitcihovskay interview in Sport-express, wich was translated.
    As for NTV+ video-intervie - they said the same things. That V-M come to them 7 years ago, that they was very professional for young ages.
    They could made all of this, because they are hard-worker and listen all, what coaches talk to them.
    Marina said, that she didnt like ice dance and didnt want to work with Igor with ice-dance teams, because in old sistem, you couldnt say who was better. But she like to work under new system, love to create new elements.
    They was asked - was you shure, that canadians will win OG before competition start? No,. We give the same level of expression, difficulty programs for both teams. We made a lot off political work for D-W - we show Charlie at Obersdorf, because we want to show, what kind off progarms they made for OG to ISU specialists. We must talk more about them, show them more times, because they didnt had medals before. And it was dissapointed, because at last year WCh a lot off specialists talk, they was best at least in FD.
    Journalist said: But they all want this gold. Igor answer - yes, but you couldnt imaging, how they are support each other during pracries. They are best friends, nobody belive, when we talk this, but its truth.
    They talk about Tanith and Ben. For Igor it was really hard, when they go. He made this team. He think he did super program for them- Chopin, but she fell in CD. Marina think, that maybe they wish to have easy way to the medals. It was hard to work in S-Z group she said, because D-W was greate single skaters and made all this level 4 elements without big problems, when B-A must learn spins, liftes.
    Marina said they could bring B-A on the podium. In this year? Maybe not.
    At the end they talk a little about Plushenko. That russian teams didnt ask them work with them. That its expensive, because only D-W live in the same city, all another arended there flats with other skaters.
    That they made all there champions by thereselves - V-M was 13 at JWCh, when they come to them, Charlie play in hockey, play on violin and was single skater, Igor made team B-A.
    And Marina said, that she go with V-M at Thornhill this summer, because she had a lot off calls - how Tessas health, how her legs. Thats why she want to show everyone, that Tessa could skate in August.
    And that all new moves in PF FD was made by Marina, because they couldnt show nothing without this liftes after her injuiry
    Journalists talk to them thank you for yuor teams, especially for canadians, because i love them. And that after ice dance competition, he feel happynest
    It short translation
    Last edited by pani; 03-04-2010 at 07:36 PM.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    Thanks for the translation, pani. Interesting that Marina wasn't a big fan of ice dance previously. That explains why D/W and V/M are doing elements worthy of pairs.

    I found this on the blogsite, D/W will be skating at a benefit show at the Detroit Skating Club this Sat: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...6165210&ref=mf

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,068
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5116
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I found this on the blogsite, D/W will be skating at a benefit show at the Detroit Skating Club this Sat: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...6165210&ref=mf
    Hmmm, the announcement says D/W will be making a "guest appearance" but they are not listed among the skaters. Maybe they are only going to skate at the end with the kids. In any event, it sounds like a great show for a worthy cause, and it's very nice of D/W and the rest of the skaters to volunteer their time.

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Thankfukky watching skating
    Posts
    13,674
    vCash
    317
    Rep Power
    41192
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that she is playing to the strengths of each team. D/W could not have done justice to the Mahler program, and V/M would have not done as good a job with Phantom. End of conspiracy
    I'm not sure about this. The Mahler program has the same emotional "feel" to me as the Eleanor Rigby program. I think that program proved that D/W can do a program with a lot of subtlety & emotion. And I would love to see V/M stretch themselves with a fast program like D/W does. I think an exceptional team (and surely the OGM & OSM teams are that) should be able to do any kind of program.

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I'm not sure about this. The Mahler program has the same emotional "feel" to me as the Eleanor Rigby program. I think that program proved that D/W can do a program with a lot of subtlety & emotion. And I would love to see V/M stretch themselves with a fast program like D/W does. I think an exceptional team (and surely the OGM & OSM teams are that) should be able to do any kind of program.
    Eleonor Rigby was all about speed too. At first version that was emotional dance with new elements, but this guys couldnt be ready to show it at that moment. I like ER FD, but i disagree, that Mahler and ER have the same emotionals. Mahler- its perfaction
    I thinkj V-M dont need (if they wish to stay) speed FD - they show speed in OD, where they was maybe even faster at OG, then D-W. And they show most difficult OD with complex chreo. In Mahler they show speed too, but it was dance for team, who didnt need close some of there weakness places.
    D-W need this speed - in this case judges didnt see there weakness
    If V-M still compete, they need something, like PF FD, they dont need D-W programs with there basic skills

  14. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,699
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Last edited by shan; 03-05-2010 at 02:36 AM.

  15. #35

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,699
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Love the news video on the merylcharlie.com blog! Its nice to see them on the ice again!!

  16. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,666
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I'm not sure about this. The Mahler program has the same emotional "feel" to me as the Eleanor Rigby program. I think that program proved that D/W can do a program with a lot of subtlety & emotion. And I would love to see V/M stretch themselves with a fast program like D/W does. I think an exceptional team (and surely the OGM & OSM teams are that) should be able to do any kind of program.
    I think the music selections were mainly about playing to the strengths of each team in an Olympic year - not taking chances.

    Last year Meryl and Charlie had so much success with their FD, it was probably an attempt at creating the same type of feeling for them - and it obviously worked!

    Now that it's not about the Olympics anymore, and also since a silver medal proves something - they can explore lots of different things and probably still have the judges look on them favorably. Before this year, it would have been more of a risk. The same goes for Tessa and Scott.

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Usually in the D/W thread
    Posts
    5,079
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Love the news video on the merylcharlie.com blog! Its nice to see them on the ice again!!
    Loved it, too! See that they are hard at training the Golden Waltz! Their GW was gorgeous at nationals. Can't wait to see it again.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    58
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Davis and White are on the cast of Skate for the Heart 2010 in October.

  19. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    They will be performing April 4th in Tampa with SOI.

    BTW, ABC is going to be putting on an ice dancing with celebrities shows, something like the British show. I'm hoping D&W, V&M, and B&A will be 6 of the 'experts'!

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,731
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Canton Celebrarion. Meryl and Charlie working on the Golden Waltz
    http://www.detnews.com/article/20100...nite-in-Canton

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •