Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    It's better than "Cheryl," at any rate.
    Cheryl is Meryl's mom's name.

vCash
    No kidding? What a coincidence. I like the name, but it doesn't quite seem fitting for a guy/girl team, somehow.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

Running from Morozov...I'm blonde, after all! IL
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    It's better than "Cheryl," at any rate.
    LOL Yeah, at least Marlie is gender neutral.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBgood View Post
    LOL Yeah, at least Marlie is gender neutral.
    Except for the fact that it is also a girl's name.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I got back from the Saturday night Ice Chips show a few hours ago. D/W performed their Indian OD (Charlie in the black costume) and Billie Jean (Meryl in the silver dress from Nats), a nice contrast in styles. I took videos of both dances and will upload them when I get the chance. This being the first time I've ever seen D/W live, I noticed D/W were really, really sharp and crisp in the OD, just like an Indian dance should be. It is easy to see why they are Olympic silver medalists. They were so sharp there was some snow spraying off their edges at times, the way V/M sometimes spray snow with they're pushing deep down into the ice in the latin dances.

Then Billie Jean was very languid and smooth, their blades quiet. It was very cool seeing the S&D lifts in here and the entrance to the spin. They could probably do that entrance at the drop of a hat.

I'll post videos (I took some of Ryan Bradley too) later. I'll be going to SOI on Sunday too, I'll try and report back.

vCash
    literaryfreak, thanks for the report and for posting videos.

vCash
    You guys are lucky. I accidentally deleted everything on my camera (after I'd at least seen the videos thankfully) but was able to get it all back using recovery software (it's called Recuva and I heartily recommend it.) Phew. I kept thinking about how I much I wanted to post them for all you guys and couldn't believe I'd really just deleted everything.

Here's the first video, the Indian OD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1NHfsfiSFI. I was still in disbelief that I was seeing D/W live in the beginning of this video, so that explains all the "Oh my god"s and laughter. Sorry about that. The video's a little shaky b/c I was trying to record and watch with my own eyes at the same time. I also forgot that this wasn't a competition and that there was no reason for me to worried about the twizzles, so I had a minor "oh no the twizzles are next!!" moment. Their twizzles were, if anything, practically perfect here.

I will post my other vids (including ones of Ryan Bradley) tomorrow.

Also, D/W were flying down the length of the rink during the midline step seq of the OD.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    literaryfreak, I'm so excited for you getting to see D/W for the first time! Don't apologize for all the "Oh my God's - I've had plenty of those moments myself. Thanks so much for the awesome vid, and I'm looking forward to your reports from SOI!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    That's a great video! D&W were really bang on with their twizzles during that performance. I was the same way the first time I saw them skate live, totally understandable!

vCash
    Did the audience really like them? Which program did they like better, the OD or Billie Jean?

vCash
    Literaryfreak, you are so funny! I loved your "commentary". Thanks for sharing with us!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I will post my other vids (including ones of Ryan Bradley) tomorrow.
    You know I am especially excited for the Ryan Videos

Thanks for the videos and review!!

ETA: I definitely have to agree about them looking AMAZING in person. When they skated at the Galleria it was just... so clean and they just floated across the ice. Everything flowed.

vCash
    Just saw the video of B&A's growing up number (if it kills me) and got a laugh out of the line in the song, "We get along much better than you & your boyfriend. "

Wonder what Charlie thinks of that one.

vCash
    literaryfreak, you are awesome!! Thanks for the video, it was fantastic. I know exactly how you feel, when I saw them take the ice in Orlando, my heart felt like it was pounding out of my chest. It was a total thrill to see them live.

vCash
    Back from SOI a few hours ago, I'm tired now, a weekend full of skating! I took videos of this one too and will try to post these and the ones from yesterday when I have the chance. I'm sorry to be taking so long, I have some work to finish up for tonight.

Doris, the audience applauded loudly for D/W at Ice Chips, though the show seemed more like a showcase for the Skating Club of Boston's skaters. I think most people were there to see their son or daughter skate. Can't remember which dance the audience liked more. I will say, my friends were a little confused over the version of Billie Jean D/W used and why Meryl was wearing a sparkly dress if it was a sad song. *shrug* As much as I love dark tragic numbers, I can see how the crowd might have a hard time getting into them. I loved the first rendition of Eleanor Rigby but I remember Doris mentioning it was kinda depressing live. My friends were really impressed with the Indian dance, but that was also the first number D/W did, so that might have played a part.

vCash
    literaryfreak, thanks for telling about it all. I do love watching everyone live-it's such a revelation. Some of the skaters I thought I would love are not as good as I expected, and some skaters just are amazing live, and not so much on TV. Some are amazing both ways, for sure.

vCash
    I love this picture from the blog (http://www.meryl-charlie.com/)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SxhQieeeyK...00/Tango88.JPG

So any music suggestions for next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Literaryfreak, you are so funny! I loved your "commentary". Thanks for sharing with us!
    Haha, thanks. I'll never not be nervous for the twizzles, it seems, even during an exhibition. I am still amazed they're able to keep their balance especially in the 2nd one, with the hands going up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    You know I am especially excited for the Ryan Videos

Thanks for the videos and review!!

ETA: I definitely have to agree about them looking AMAZING in person. When they skated at the Galleria it was just... so clean and they just floated across the ice. Everything flowed.
    I took the videos with you in mind, actually, knowing you love Ryan Bradley and in return for the videos of Meryl and Charlie you took at the Galleria. He did his Baroque LP and Kung Fu program.

Now my other D/W video from Ice Chips, Billie Jean:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLdmEvI1RKI
    . I had my friend videotape this one, so I could focus on actually watching the performance, so it's less shaky than the other one. Meryl's leg is so bone straight during that first lift, it's .

I'll post the Ryan Bradley videos in the Ice Chips thread.

As for SOI, it was great getting to see even more skaters today. (Jeremy Abbott moves even more smoothly live than he does on tv, just .) I have video of some D/W from there, B/A's number, Ben playing guitar, B/A and D/W's group number, and maybe some other stuff, I'll get that up eventually. I saw D/W's Phantom lift, that slide on the boot move from the beginning of S&D, and one or two statuesque lifts I hadn't seen before from them. I LOLed at the eye-patches in the "Strut" number. I might post a more thorough report in the US Stars on Ice thread later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Ooh, I love that one too!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    literaryfreak, your vids are so awesome! I can't wait to see D/W/B/A group number again. Looking forward to your report, too!

Doris, I know what you mean about seeing skaters live. I mean, I love watching Jeremy A on tv but when I saw him live I was just mesmerized at what a beautiful skater he is! I hope he continues skating and just gets better, cause I could watch him all day long.

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast