Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    O, yes,
    I like this team. When i watched junior Nationals on skatebuzz, i notice, they was in two times faster, then other teams.
    I only think al teams must have there own style. Now i feel, young canadians start to copy Tessa and Scott. Even Vanessa and Paul
    I think Paul & Islam have a look similar to V&M, especially Alex Paul who I think has had a lot of ballet/dance training like Tessa. Though Paul & Islam's FD at Canadians was unlike anything V&M have ever done (it was a very aggressive Indian/middle eastern type of number).

IMO Crone & Poirier's style is nothing like V&M.

vCash
    Agree, but look at D-W in 2006.
    I think Madison is one off the best femaile skaters in expression, but she have not best patner i think.
    Yes but Zuerlein is quite a bit stronger technically than Chock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I think Paul & Islam have a look similar to V&M, especially Alex Paul who I think has had a lot of ballet/dance training like Tessa. Though Paul & Islam's FD at Canadians was unlike anything V&M have ever done (it was a very aggressive Indian/middle eastern type of number).

IMO Crone & Poirier's style is nothing like V&M.
    o yes - i like P-I FD from junior Nationals (they had french choreograhfer)/

As for C-P. At CoR a lot off fans talk, that there this year FD look similar to V-M Sibelius. I loke when C-P skate something passion, like ther 2008 tango FD.
    And i agree - Zurleine is stronger technically, but he didnt have peersonality on ice yet. And he is like Charlie and Scott - he is 21 or 22?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    And i agree - Zurleine is stronger technically, but he didnt have peersonality on ice yet. And he is like Charlie and Scott - he is 21 or 22?
    He's 21 but still new to the senior level, so I think there's still a lot of potential for artistic growth there.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    o yes - i like P-I FD from junior Nationals (they had french choreograhfer)/

As for C-P. At CoR a lot off fans talk, that there this year FD look similar to V-M Sibelius.
    Who was the French choreographer for P&I? I thought their programs were choreographed by Kelly Johnson who works along side their coach (and Mitchell's dad, David Islam)?

As for C&P's FD this year looking like V&M's Valse Triste, I'm not seeing it at all. C&P's FD this year is more edgy and slightly voidy compared to the soft, lyrical Valse Triste that V&M did.

ETA: nevermind. I see on Paul & Islam's ISU bio that their original dance was choreographed by Zazoui's assistant, Romain Haugenauer (sp?). Their FD was choreographed by one of Islam's assistant coaches. I hope P&I continue to use outside choreographers.
    Last edited by Rafter; 03-09-2010 at 05:09 PM.

vCash
    Who was the French choreographer for P&I? I thought their programs were choreographed by Kelly Johnson who works along side their coach (and Mitchell's dad, David Islam)?

As for C&P's FD this year looking like V&M's Valse Triste, I'm not seeing it at all. C&P's FD this year is more edgy and slightly voidy compared to the soft, lyrical Valse Triste that V&M did.
    Sorry, its OD was made for them by Romain Haguenaue
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012269.htm

C-P FD is voidy? I dont know... But maybe be/
    What do you think about canadian ice dance.Could someone in next season take V-M strong place in ice dance top group and will be in top three before OG? Or another teams are not on V-M level yet?

vCash
    Here's an article on Paul/Islam, back from the time of Nationals. They mention that Tessa and Scott are their idols, although they seem keen to find their own unique identity as a dance team.
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkat...78196-qmi.html

Alexandra Paul was persuaded to switch from singles to dance about 3 years ago, originally as a partner for Jason Chepardak, because of her extensive off-ice dance training, including ballet. So it makes sense that there are similarities between her style and Tessa's. She and Mitch Islam have only been together for a year, but are doing extremely well already. I'm really looking forward to watching how this team develops.

I see Crone and Poirier as being quite different, more focused on power and athleticism. The choreographic approach of Carol Lane/Juris Razgulajevs is different too, an interesting blend of their contrasting backgrounds. I think C/P will maintain a different look.
    Last edited by flowerpower; 03-09-2010 at 05:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Here's an article on Paul/Islam, back from the time of Nationals. They mention that Tessa and Scott are their idols, although I'm sure they'll find their own path.
    http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkat...78196-qmi.html

Alexandra Paul was persuaded to switch from singles to dance about 3 years ago, originally as a partner for Jason Chepardak, because of her extensive off-ice dance training, including ballet. So it makes sense that there are similarities between her style and Tessa's. She and Mitch Islam have only been together for a year, but are doing extremely well already. I'm really looking forward to watching how this team develops.
    So am I. I think already they are stronger than the likes of Ralph & Hill and Hann-McCurdy & Coreno.

vCash
    So am I. I think already they are stronger than the likes of Ralph & Hill and Hann-McCurdy & Coreno.
    Yes, I agree. I could see them taking fourth place at (senior) Nationals next year (after V/M, C/P and W/P, if all these teams are still competing).

vCash
    OK - i will try.
    Platov said- i know, how to overcome canadian team. But for this i need to have talented team to do this. journalist ased him - when you could do this?
    Platov- when i will have such talented team to do this. One coach said, that he waite his best pupil during 15 years.
    Sorry, but i couldnt do it better
    Okay that makes sense - thanks.

vCash
    What were they doing in Ottawa (my city) in March? I thought they were returning to training last week?

Of course Skate Canada is in Ottawa (Mike Slipchuck leaves 5 min from me).

vCash
    That was a Saturday night. V&M don't train on the weekends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What were they doing in Ottawa (my city) in March? I thought they were returning to training last week?

Of course Skate Canada is in Ottawa (Mike Slipchuck leaves 5 min from me).
    o, i thought this game was in Toronto.
    I dont know - mabe it was weekend?

vCash
    One of the pictures is from Scotiabank Place which is Ottawa.

If I had known they were there I would have watched the game!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    One of the pictures is from Scotiabank Place which is Ottawa.

If I had known they were there I would have watched the game!!
    They gibe interwie before the game.
    Interesting, who go with Shibutanies to JWCh? I think it was Igor.

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    Morgan Matthews (or Matthews & Zavozin) is a good reason why one should never get too excited about junior skaters.
    SHHH. Don't tempt the skate gods!! I think Morgan Matthews was really unfortunate with her injuries and all the partner problems.

Dang, P/I are really reminiscent of V/M. They're amazing for a team that has been together for only 1 year! Definitely one to watch. Pity it's probably their last year on the junior circuit (they'll age out next season correct?)

My impression is that barring injuries or unforeseen circumstances (eg fluke performances) D/W and V/M will rule the roost in dance for a couple of years. The spate of retirements will probably cement their place at the top as there are few teams that can challenge them currently. There are many promising juniors and younger senior teams but it'll take at least a few years to develop to world-class standard. (Both D/W and V/M took 4 years on the senior circuit to reach 1-2 and that's probably a record).

Anyway, P/I in 5th, Shibs in 2nd and I/K in 1st after the CD at WJC! I/K leading by a HUGE margin though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    Anyway, P/I in 5th, Shibs in 2nd and I/K in 1st after the CD at WJC! I/K leading by a HUGE margin though.
    I think its too much - more then 3 points in CD.
    Its look, like russian Fedaration want to made from I-K new V-V for Sochi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    SHHH. Don't tempt the skate gods!! I think Morgan Matthews was really unfortunate with her injuries and all the partner problems.

Dang, P/I are really reminiscent of V/M. They're amazing for a team that has been together for only 1 year! Definitely one to watch. Pity it's probably their last year on the junior circuit (they'll age out next season correct?)
    I could be wrong because I never can remember the age rules for junior, but I would have thought they had one more year left. Anyone know? Paul turns 19 in Sept 2010 and Islam turned 20 in January 2010.

vCash
    I could be wrong because I never can remember the age rules for junior, but I would have thought they had one more year left. Anyone know? Paul turns 19 in Sept 2010 and Islam turned 20 in January 2010.
    I heard, that after this season ISU want to made age limit for juniors lower - this mean skaters must be younger to skate in juniors.

vCash
    Yes but Zuerlein is quite a bit stronger technically than Chock.
    I agree. I've heard a lot that Chock is a "star" but her skating is going to have to get a lot stronger before any stardom can be fulfilled. She skates with her face. I feel like she's very busy selling the program and not doing as much with her feet.

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast