Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1007
  1. #961
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,922
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Its difficul to made pure dance with spin, two steps sequenses and with level 4 lifts......
    Well, that's the challenge, isn't it? Are V&M up to it, or not?

  2. #962
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    758
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm thinking / hoping it will be more "latin" Latin, rather than Tango or Paso , and I'm hoping for Rhumba in the mix for change of tempo... Torvil and Dean's Rhumba from their comeback Oly's is IMO the most authentic - looking ever on ice...I'd love to see what Tessa & Scott could do with it...passion is not foreign to the Rhumba...

  3. #963
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    200
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Someone know, when Canadian pre-season test (camp) will be?
    I think it's the 2nd week of September in the Toronto area.

  4. #964

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by kppt View Post
    I think it's the 2nd week of September in the Toronto area.
    Thank you!

  5. #965

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Tessa and Scott on the cover of the next issue of IFS magazine
    http://community.livejournal.com/ont...4.html?#cutid1

    New photoshoot.
    Look, like two students
    Last edited by pani; 08-21-2010 at 01:47 PM.

  6. #966
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,693
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Its difficul to made pure dance with spin, two steps sequenses and with level 4 lifts......
    Quote Originally Posted by sap5 View Post
    Well, that's the challenge, isn't it? Are V&M up to it, or not?
    Their recent tour performances (especially the group numbers) show how much natural musicality they have and how well they move to any rhythm.

    Even when they do a "fun" routine like the hockey player and ballerina number, every motion they make hits a beat of the music - even the movement of his hand as he beckons her toward him. That affinity with the music just seems to come naturally from within the two of them.

    Given that musicality, plus their obvious technical skills, I'd say that yes, they are indeed capable of "truly dancing" and incorporating difficult technical elements at the same time. I'd sure love to see them try it.

    I just don't know who would choreograph a program like this. (This isn't necessarily a criticism of Marina and Igor, although he has created a lot of canned step sequences in the past). I think it would take an exceptional choreographer, who is both creative and detail-oriented, and who has a lot of time for music selection/editing, to design routines that cover all of the COP bases but still fully use the beats and highlights in the music, allowing the dancing to shine through. Any thoughts?

  7. #967

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    I just don't know who would choreograph a program like this. (This isn't necessarily a criticism of Marina and Igor, although he has created a lot of canned step sequences in the past). I think it would take an exceptional choreographer, who is both creative and detail-oriented, and who has a lot of time for music selection/editing, to design routines that cover all of the COP bases but still fully use the beats and highlights in the music, allowing the dancing to shine through. Any thoughts?
    I think Shae-Lynn could do this - look on her programs for Abbot and Joannie, she really feel every music bit and her strong side is programs on dancing music. Maybe with Kurt - there "Proud Mary" number was fantastic.
    And i think David Wilson.
    Dublel-Luazon did nice choreo for Carron-Jost.
    I think for this reall pure dance they need to work with ballroom dancers, who specialized on Latina program.
    But Tessa and Scott work only with Igoe and Marina.....
    I rea;;y dont like 1 thing - two Latin programs in this group.

  8. #968
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,693
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think Shae-Lynn could do this - look on her programs for Abbot and Joannie, she really feel every music bit and her strong side is programs on dancing music. Maybe with Kurt - there "Proud Mary" number was fantastic.
    Yes, I loved that number. Tessa and Scott can absolutely skate like that, and express every beat.

    The thing is, there's no way they could have insisted on an outside choreographer for their competitive programs this season. Marina and Igor would probably have viewed it as an insult, and they'd be thinking, "We just coached you to an Olympic gold, and your training mates to Olympic silver, and now you think you know choreography better than we do?" ....and Skate Canada would have agreed. Skate Canada trusts Marina - given her success to date, why wouldn't they?

    But if their progress stalls, or if they start feeling stale after a year or two, then it's a whole new ballgame. Then, if they want to continue competing, they'll probably consider various alternatives. Over the course of their career, they have always made moves (coaching moves, geographic moves) when they needed to.
    Last edited by flowerpower; 08-22-2010 at 12:57 AM.

  9. #969

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
    Yes, I loved that number. Tessa and Scott can absolutely skate like that, and express every beat.

    The thing is, there's no way they could have insisted on an outside choreographer for their competitive programs this season. Marina and Igor would probably have viewed it as an insult, and they'd be thinking, "We just coached you to an Olympic gold, and your training mates to Olympic silver, and now you think you know choreography better than we do?" ....and Skate Canada would have agreed. Skate Canada trusts Marina - given her success to date, why wouldn't they?

    But if their progress stalls, or if they start feeling stale after a year or two, then it's a whole new ballgame. Then, if they want to continue competing, they'll probably consider various alternatives. Over the course of their career, they have always made moves (coaching moves, geographic moves) when they needed to.
    Maybe this situation remind me B-A in 2006-2007. Listen, what commentator said during there perfomance. And maybe USA FS federation trust S-Z and B-A didnt talk anything, because Igor and Matina let them took silver at OG.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TOC2o3vaSA
    I dont want, that V-M will have program, wich will not show there worl leaders level. Thats why i cant understand, why Skate Canada didnt announce there pre-season camp, where they could really see, what S-Z did for Tessa and Scott in FD. Especially after negative impression from specialist about second Latin FD in this group from C-Z. Will Tessa adn Scott have time to change it?
    And we will see Latin FD from Igor and Marina. I dont know, could they made dance, about wich you and sap5 talking.....
    I like FS-M 2000 Latin OD - it was made in reall ballroom style (he even had number on his back durin GP)
    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...&v=y66wJ5mfRtY
    And i think 2000 Latin ODs was much better, then 2006 OD
    But we could only waite and nothing more to do...
    Or, and how do you think, this IFS magazine photos talk about there new season programs?
    Last edited by pani; 08-22-2010 at 12:39 PM.

  10. #970

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,652
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31
    I wouldn't get too worked up about their programs before we even hear music choices. I think Latin could work very well for them but at the same time I'm a little hesitant because of Igor's history of "generic Latin FDs". Marina and Igor have always come up with strong FDs for V/M so I'm going to trust that this one will be the same until I see the programs and can judge for myself.

  11. #971
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    543
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    I wouldn't get too worked up about their programs before we even hear music choices. I think Latin could work very well for them but at the same time I'm a little hesitant because of Igor's history of "generic Latin FDs". Marina and Igor have always come up with strong FDs for V/M so I'm going to trust that this one will be the same until I see the programs and can judge for myself.
    However their coaches were smart enough to have them work with a Flamenco expert for their OD. And "authentic" or not it showed. BTW I think given the nature of the requirements in skating regarding lifts, twizzles and footwork NO dance is truly authentic on ice drawn from the ballroom genre and many other genres for that matter no matter how good the skaters are.

  12. #972
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,693
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I certainly agree with "not getting worked up" ahead of time. No point in it.

    Plus, Marina is a professional and I'm sure she'd try to give her OGM's some worthy choreography.

  13. #973

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    PJKwong is going to put up a blog soon with news on Phaneuf, Weaver/Poje and Virtue/Moir
    Hope she will give tp us more infromation about V-M and W-P programs for next season
    http://twitter.com/skatingpj

  14. #974
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    practising choreo
    Posts
    928
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    There's a book coming out in November - Tessa and Scott: Our Journey from Childhood Dream to Gold.

    As told to Steve Milton
    Foreword by Tracy Wilson

    Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir dazzled the world when they became the first Canadians -- and first North Americans -- to win an Olympic gold medal in ice dancing in 2010. Now, for the first time ever, they share their incredible and inspiring story with the world.

    Tessa and Scott: Our Journey from Childhood Dream to Gold tracks the pair's first meeting at the ages of seven and nine; their early competitions at the World Junior Championship and World Championships; and their incredible history-making, gold-medal performance at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, which established them as icons of the sport.

    Lavishly illustrated with never-before-published personal photographs and memorabilia collected over the course of their lives, this book is as much a spectacular visual history as it is a behind-the-scenes look at the ascent of two of Canada's premier athletes. A must-have for fans and collectors alike.

  15. #975

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Tessa and Scott will take part in 2010 All That Skate LA
    Oct. 2, 2010 - Oct. 3, 2010

    http://www.staplescenter.com/wide.ph...festival_id=84

    The cast
    Reigning Olympic Champion and 2009 World Champion
    Yuna Kim (Korea)

    Five-Time World Champion and Nine-Time U.S. Champion
    Michelle Kwan (USA)

    2010 Olympic Pair Champions
    Shen Xue & Zhao Hongbo (China)

    2010 Olympic Dance Champions
    Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (Canada)

    Two-Time World Champion and Olympic Silver Medalist
    Stephane Lambiel (Switzerland)

    Two-Time World Champions and Olympic Bronze Medalists
    Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy (Germany)

    Olympic Silver Medalists and Four-Time World Medalists
    Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto (USA)

    World Champion and Three-Time European Champion
    Brian Joubert (France)

    Three-Time U.S. Champion and World Bronze Medalist
    Johnny Weir (USA)

    Two-Time U.S. Bronze Medalist and NHK Trophy Bronze Medalist
    Ashley Wagner (USA)

  16. #976
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    151
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    The original forword to Scott and Tessa's book was written by David Pelletier, who has mentored them. Well you know the rest. It was suddenly changed to Tracy Wilson, who is after all, an ice dancer.

  17. #977

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by ildah View Post
    The original forword to Scott and Tessa's book was written by David Pelletier, who has mentored them. Well you know the rest. It was suddenly changed to Tracy Wilson, who is after all, an ice dancer.
    And she is very inteleggent person and she support Tessa and Scott from there competing at juniors Natiolas.
    David really could wright a book?

  18. #978
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    151
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    No, he didn't write the book. He wrote the forword (that would be a paragraph or a few at the most). The forword in a book is normally some information, usually complimentary, by someone in the field of whatever the subject of the book is about. The fact that it was listed in print on Amazon that the forword was by David Pelletier, right up until June, and then it was by Tracy Wilson all of a sudden - is interesting, that's all. I believe it was a conscious decision made by - who knows - not that Tracy was more appropriate, although she IS, but that "considering" everything, David's endorsement might be seen as a little bit of a "conflict of interest"

    The Roots media guy who was on the photoshoot video as well as in the video from the Roots store, is intervewed on the video saying that David contacted him back in November and said that Roots should pay attention to Virtue/Moir because they were going to bring home the gold. So David had a hand in their endorsement deal, according to the Roots media guy, who should know.

  19. #979

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,666
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by ildah View Post
    The Roots media guy who was on the photoshoot video as well as in the video from the Roots store, is intervewed on the video saying that David contacted him back in November and said that Roots should pay attention to Virtue/Moir because they were going to bring home the gold. So David had a hand in their endorsement deal, according to the Roots media guy, who should know.

    How nice for David P.

    However, with Roots being the official outfitters for the Canadian Olympic team, plus Tessa and Scott winning gold, it's hard to believe Roots wouldn't have come to the conclusion of an endorsement deal all on their own.

  20. #980
    INTJ
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,102
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post

    However, with Roots being the official outfitters for the Canadian Olympic team, plus Tessa and Scott winning gold, it's hard to believe Roots wouldn't have come to the conclusion of an endorsement deal all on their own.
    Roots wasn't the official outfitters for the Olympic team. HBC was.
    "Beautiful things don't ask for attention." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •