Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    V&M had to change the end of their OD over fear of an illegal move.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1511997/
    I don't understand this at all. How can a lift be good for one competition and illegal for the next? Absolutely ludacris.

vCash
    I think Joubert got penalized on his SP in 2008 Worlds for having vocals on his music, despite being acceptable on previous competitions that season. So I guess they are just being cautious

vCash
    ^That's true, he did. He hadn't been deducted for it all season and then suddenly he was at worlds. It was smart of them to be cautious for sure!

Also... WOW that they came up with a new ending and performed it without really practicing it! I thought something looked different, but couldn't figure out why.

vCash

The first thing I thought when I saw this was "Not again!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    V/M just scored a new PB in the OD - 70.27! (34.30 + 35.97) Total 114.40. D/W in 2nd with 112.54. F/S in 3rd with 100.01

Gratz V/M; they must have skated very well! Looking forward to the FD tomorrow!

ALLEZ V/M!

Skate Order up: V/M will skate 18th, right after D/W and before F/S in the final flight.
    Tessa and Scott.

Everytime V&M have skated their OD this season I've watched it holding my breath. I'm very happy that whatever the issues were earlier in the season they seem to have overcome them. Excellent performance in Torino and while some didn't care for Tessa's makeup, I thought she looked gorgeous with the smoky eyes.

Scott as usual had amazing expression. I love watching him skate for that reason. Very passionate.

I've got my fingers crossed for the FD (just in case). Are we getting another new dress or rather one we just haven't seen yet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Tessa and Scott.

I've got my fingers crossed for the FD (just in case). Are we getting another new dress or rather one we just haven't seen yet?
    I wonder if we'll get the pink dress? Hard to say.

At first I wasn't sold on the white concept, but after seeing Tessa's Olympic FD dress, I really think that Marina was right about the colour. The Olympic dress seemed perfect to me.

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash

Again? What's going on? Why do they keep having to change their lifts? All this behind the grapevine talk is getting too much. Some consistency please judges and TCs!

That said, to change your programme without even practicing it once on the ice and still pull it off without a hitch ... Holy cow! And they set a new WR with that skate too. Their OD (and FD) has improved SO much compared to TEB; well done V/M!

Carmen, I was a nervous wreck during their skate, especially since they have a history of messing up the twizzles in the OD (for the last TWO years at Worlds). Maybe it was a good thing that there's no feed, it would have been too much for my nerves! Looking forward to the FD later today (or rather, tomorrow 5 am).

I think white's probably the best choice but I don't mind the pink either!

Good luck V/M!!!

I really hope they decide to stay in for at least another season or two. I don't expect them to stay until Sochi but if they retire after Worlds, no matter the final outcome, I'll cry.

vCash
    Kinda crazy that tomorrow could be the end of their competitive career...

vCash
    Awh, I sure hope not. But if that's what they decide, then I am happy to know that they will (hopefully) go out on the best note possible.

vCash
    I don't think they have any intention of ending their competitive career. I believe whatever they decide and announce, careerwise, will apply to next season only. Then they'll review before deciding the season after that.

vCash
    During today's practice tessa was wearing the olympic dress, but I'm not sure she'll wear it in competition too because in the first CD practice she wore a new black dress while the one she had in competition was grey.
    they looked very focused in every practice btw...and tessa's makeup yesterday was perfect, I also saw her outside the palavela after the OD and she was as beautiful as always

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash
    Just watched their OD a few minutes ago on bold (a bit late ) and it was marvelous, but preferred their olympic performance- sharper with more attack. Nevertheless i'm so glad they finally got a world record! I'm only a little sad that they didn't beat Navka/Kostamarov's CD world record, which will now be set in stone forever...
    I really hope they decide to stay in for at least another season or two. I don't expect them to stay until Sochi but if they retire after Worlds, no matter the final outcome, I'll cry.
    Me too!!! : They haven't won a gpf title yet so please...let that be their goal for next year. I'm hoping for a WR score later today for their FD, how sad this may be their last competition.

Anyone here who is actually at the palevala? updates/reports...? i'm literally going on youtube trying to watch practice clips of my fav skaters at worlds...but it's so brief. i really need to get a season pass next year

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    During today's practice tessa was wearing the olympic dress, but I'm not sure she'll wear it in competition too because in the first CD practice she wore a new black dress while the one she had in competition was grey.
    they looked very focused in every practice btw...and tessa's makeup yesterday was perfect, I also saw her outside the palavela after the OD and she was as beautiful as always
    Thanks for the report pingu! Did you watch them compete? What was your impression of them? (The crowd gave them standing O for their OD IIRC).

fallcolor, pani and icedancegirl are at Worlds as well! They're probably too busy to post but hopefully they'll give us post-trip reports!

Oh gosh I'm getting nervous. Ladies SP was a total train wreck urgh. The tech controller is crazy!

vCash
    Yep........I'm green with envy.......wish I was there, but glad Pani finally got to see V&M skate live............it makes a difference.
    Addicted to FSU

It's either a very big ice rink, or there's a lake under there.
    vCash
    Just saw the back-to-back performances at Worlds. I just want to say what a privilege it is to be alive and a skating fan in the time of V/M & D/W.

vCash
    Canadian, Olympic & World Champions all in 2 months - what a ride these 2 have been on.

When I saw them in Kitchener in November I thought "how can they skate this free dance better than that?". Well in front of my very eyes I saw better in London, and again I thought "how can they skate this free dance better than that?" Which they did in Vancouver... today wasn't better than Vancouver but it was beautiful and powerful all the same.

The only blip this season is the only title they haven't won - GPF - I hope they win it next year!

vCash
    Congrats to Tessa and Scott. Olympic and World Champions does have a nice ring to it.

It is has been a long season for them (and all the skaters) being an Olympic year, I hope they take in all what they achieved this season, enjoy it and for sure take their much needed downtime and relaxation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    I just want to say what a privilege it is to be alive and a skating fan in the time of V/M & D/W.
    AMEN. We're very blessed as ice dance fans to have not one, but TWO wonderful teams!

Congratulations V/M!! Not SOTL (save that for your last dance please) but understandable given how the other skaters have been performing. It's still a whole lot better than the hot mess of Ladies SP.

Well pani adores V/M so I hope she had fun at Worlds!

Now that all is said and done with only the Gala left; PLEASE PLEASE stay in. Ice dance needs V/M and D/W to push this sport.

Protocols:
    FD: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._FD_Scores.pdf
    OD: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._OD_Scores.pdf
    CD:
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._CD_Scores.pdf

V/M have 14 10.00s; 3 in the OD and 11 in the FD. UNREAL!!

Found this on the fan livejournal: http://tv.eurosport.hu/figureskating...id130521.shtml

Tessa's SO CUTE. I wonder what she was laughing at; she really couldn't stop giggling! I think that's the most I've ever seen her laugh!
    Last edited by mishieru07; 03-26-2010 at 10:33 PM.

vCash
    Hahah nvm. I should learn to read the post above me.
    Love that clip.

vCash
    Yay! Congratulations to them!

Tessa's SO CUTE. I wonder what she was laughing at; she really couldn't stop giggling! I think that's the most I've ever seen her laugh!
    It must have been something Scott said - every time she looked at him she cracked up again.

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast