Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Well, techno-ish. And yes, I am.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Techno My Fair Lady??? Gross! I had to turn it off after the first two lines of the song.

Sorry, but when you combine one of my favorite things in the world with one of my least favorite, it makes me ill.
    I don't know about techno - I know I heard this same rendition on one of my daughter's jazz CD's. She's really into jazz but I'm not so much, so I can't give any details other than I recognized it because of V/M's exhibition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Techno My Fair Lady??? Gross! I had to turn it off after the first two lines of the song.

Sorry, but when you combine one of my favorite things in the world with one of my least favorite, it makes me ill.
    Maybe Marina didnt like Techno, because they skate this exibition only two times

vCash
    V/M stop by at a Roots store and pick up stuff: http://buzz.roots.com/2010/03/guess-...sa-virtue.html

vCash
    Wowza there's been a lot of public appearances away from their training grounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jl22aries View Post
    Wowza there's been a lot of public appearances away from their training grounds.
    It was March 15 - it was Sundya. There group never work at week-end.
    But yes - maybe they didnt have a lot off time for traning before WCh, but its there time - they need to do all this stuff to made some money.
    They look greate on that pictures!

vCash
    Xue shen sent personal invitations to V/M and Yuna, Mao, Plushenko, Lysacek to participate on a Chinese tour in August starting in beijing; headliners S/Z; cast is unofficial

Article in Chinese
    Last edited by piano18; 03-18-2010 at 05:20 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    It's honestly quite hilarious that EVERYONE is convinced they're dating.
    There was one interview during the Olympics where they said they wouldn't completely rule out the possibility one day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post
    Xue shen sent personal invitations to V/M and Yuna, Mao, Plushenko, Lysacek to participate on a Chinese tour in August starting in beijing; headliners S/Z; cast is unofficial

Article in Chinese
    Translation please?

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post

Article in Chinese
    If only they held this next year; I'll definitely watch it! I'm stuck in school now but will have a long break before university next year. Urgh, this sucks.

The line-up looks FANTASTIC. Mao, Yu Na, S/Z, V/M in one show?

I am a little sad that V/M aren't doing FOI again. We got such awesome HD vids last year (and the whole FOI cast is just adorable ). Don't think CSOI is telecasted.

Tessa is a total fashionista. I want her clothes!!

@ The Observer: I'd love for them to get together and I do see it as a possibility! What I find very amusing is few would believe they're not a couple and so many people are shipping them. Their acting skills and chemistry are just . It's certainly more belivable than some on-screen couples.

WORLDS WORLDS WORLDS!!!! I'm getting excited; have fun pani and icedance! Don't forget us and give us updates!

P.S Anyone thinks Tessa will change her GW dress? I didn't quite like the black one; I preferred the pink one she used in 06-07.

vCash
    I wish this tour was June not August. What if some of these skaters want to have another year of eligibility? Depending on the length of the tour, this could cut into training time.

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missflick View Post
    Translation please?
    My chinese is pretty bad so bear with me:

Shen, Zhao organizing a star-studded Ice Show in China and have invited Yu Na to "compete"

Zhao talks about how busy they've been participating in many interviews and that during their toughest times (I guess training?) before the Olympics, he told Xue that if they won the gold medal, they would sit at home resting everyday, drinking tea and doing nothing. However, resting is now impossible as their goal this year is to organize a skating exhibition cum competition (wouldn't this conflict with ISU rules? ).

Shen and Zhao, who finally achieved their dreams of winning an Olympic Gold Medal in Vancouver, revealed their post Olympics plans on their blogs days earlier: To organize an invitational competition and the most beautiful ice show in the world for figure skating fans. What's more exciting is that Shen Xue told reporters that they have invited skaters such as Kim Yu Na, Mao Asada, Plushenko etc to participate in the "Shen/Zhao figure skating stars invitational competition," scheduled to premiere in August 2010 in Beijing.

There's a chance that Yu Na will come to China in August

Time: August 2010. Venue: Beijing Gymnasium (don't know how to translate). "Beijing will be the first of many stops, multiple shows is of course a given. We have already sent an official invitation to Yu Na's managing company, and we're very touched and happy that there's a good chance Yu Na will be able to participate come August, based on her current schedule. Of course, the exact arrangements will have to respect the opinions of the sponsors, as well as the schedules of the skaters." Shen told reporters excitedly at yesterday's press session.

In fact, Yu Na's participation will certainly create a sensational wave of excitement and interest. Currently, she is preparing for the 2010 Worlds in Turin, Italy (Mar 23 - 28), where she will face off with Japan's Mao Asada in the Ladies event again in another epic battle. Previously, the Korean media has asked Yu Na about her retirement plans post Worlds, but she has said that she plans to compete in Sochi 2014. Regardless, her participation in the exhibition will be a dream come true for her Chinese fans.

Currently, the newest development is that Yu Na's managing company has also invited Shen/Zhao to participate in the annual Festa on Ice, which is themed "Mission Impossible" for this year, in line with Yu Na's Bond Girl SP. Yesterday, Shen said "Hongbo and I are still considering participating, but we feel that we should be polite and accept (since they're inviting her), hehe, hopefully Yu Na will also reciprocrate and participate in their show as well.

I'll finish translating the rest of the article later, I haven't read this much Chinese in more than a year >.<ll

vCash
    Sorry, but i couldnt find V-M names in the translation.
    Its cool for chinees fans to have such a greate show - with Yu-Na, Mao, Shen- Zhao, Plushenko.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Sorry, but i couldnt find V-M names in the translation.
    Its cool for chinees fans to have such a greate show - with Yu-Na, Mao, Shen- Zhao, Plushenko.
    我們現在擬定邀請的明星包括了溫哥華冬奧會男女單人滑的前兩名,金妍兒、淺田真央、萊薩切克、 普魯申科和冰舞冠軍沃爾圖莫伊爾等,

The bold squiggly lines & fish hooks (how my friend describe Chinese characters ) says: ice dance champions Virtue and Moir.

From reading the article I don't think this is a tour but S/Z wants to make it an annual event.
    Last edited by walei; 03-18-2010 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    我們現在擬定邀請的明星包括了溫哥華冬奧會男女單人滑的前兩名,金妍兒、淺田真央、萊薩切克、 普魯申科和冰舞冠軍沃爾圖莫伊爾等,

The bold squiggly lines & fish hooks (how my friend describe Chinese characters ) says: ice dance champions Virtue and Moir.

From reading the article I don't think this is a tour but S/Z wants to make it an annual event.
    Thank you!
    It will be cool if we will have one more FS events. Hope Tessa adn Scott will take a part in this event. Its look, like they are very friendly with Zangs.

vCash
    Ahh... When Google translated it it didn't mention them but said they invited all the Olympic champions.

vCash
    2nd half of the article:

The show/ competition will cost sponsors $8 million RMB ()

Since winning Gold in Vancouver, Shen/ Zhao's future plans and return home have been of much interest. "Many were asking if we were retiring, and what was the next step" said Zhao. In reality, since returning to China, they have been patiently attending interviews with the various media; newspapers, television, magazines, online platforms etc. "Even though we're busy (to death), we will try to satisfy everyone and share our story and experience." Evidently, Shen/ Zhao will continue to be very good friends with the media. With regards to their future plans, Shen told reporters that their goal is to organize an ice show/ competition, and they will be inviting the World and Olympic champions to participate, bringing another aspect of figure skating to the masses (ie non competitive). It will follow a travelling format (a la SOI), beginning in Beijing. Stops include Shanghai and cities in the Northeast. Details are still being finalized with sponsors and organizers, with plans to include skaters from all over the world. The show requires sponsorship to the tune of $8 million RMB. Naturally, sponsors will receive benefits in return, such as choosing the cities they will perform in.

With regards to why they chose August, they say it's because that's the hottest period in the year and also the summer holidays. Hopefully, skating fans can get a little respite and enjoy themselves. Also, August is a comparatively less busy period for skaters, making it more convenient for them to participate.

Shen/ Zhao planning a major FS event? (As in the sense that it'll be a big thing)

"Besides inviting world-class figure skaters to perform, we also have another goal - to nurture the young, upcoming Chinese skaters. It's a long term project," an ambitious and noble aim mentioned in Hongbo's blog. Yesterday, Shen told reporters that they hope more people will come to love figure skating through their show. "The stars we have invited include the Gold and Silver medallists in Singles - Yu Na and Mao, Plushenko and Lysacek, as well as Ice Dancing Gold medallists Virtue and Moir etc. We hope to bring the best possible performances to all. We have already sent out invitations personally to them." With regards to the costs of inviting these skaters, Shen has no comments, except that they will follow the views of the sponsors.

Shen/ Zhao's show will be the first in China to have multiple shows. According to plans, it can either follow the format of FOI or USA's Gymnastics and Skating spectacular, incorporating elements of pop music, inviting gymnasts to perform (not a bad idea, China has fab gymnasts), infusing pop culture, creating a totally different type of show. "We'll be pulling out all stops to showcase the very best on ice. If the response is good, we will turn it into an annual show."

I'm sorry if it doesn't sound grammatically correct at times. Chinese has always been my worst subject.

I will be if they do it annually. I'm also happy that S/Z plan to mentor the youngsters (didn't mention how though).

For the record, Virtue is read "Wei Er Tu" 沃尔图 and Moir "Mo Yi Er" 莫伊尔. Or at least that's how the CCTV commentators say it I think. Squiggles and fish hooks indeed.

Yeah well, I'm not surprised no one could find their names. English names translated into Chinese only sound like a vague approximation and babelfish would never work.
    Last edited by mishieru07; 03-18-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Grammar, spelling errors

vCash
    Thanks so much for the translation!!! It looks like it could be an exciting show.

vCash
    mishieru07! thank you for translation!

vCash
    "Virtue and Moir announce on conference call today they are undecided about competing next season." http://twitter.com/LynnRutherford

article http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    Last edited by marikat; 03-18-2010 at 08:41 PM.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast