Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post

Another Worlds speculation - is it going to be the ballerina/hockey guy for the Exhibition again? (I'm already tired of it).
    Better than Jack & Diane! J&D is by far the worst ex V&M have ever had.

As for the pink dress, I believe Marina said you can't wear pink on an Olympic podium. Why she thinks this I have no idea.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tessa wore the pink dress at worlds, though I prefer the look of the white one with Scott's shirt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icedance View Post
    Hey guys ! Many of us on this forum are V&M ubers, but what I found here http://www.fanforum.com/f88/scott-mo...4/index10.html is just something else - these guys are V&M-relationship-speculation ubers - dunno if it's cool or scary
    This is extremely disturbing.

vCash
    Guys, are V-M fans ready to go to WCh?
    I think we all could meet after OD at Palavela- what do you think about this?
    Ice-dance did you recieve my facebook massage with my telefone number?

vCash
    My guess is we wont see a new exhibition until SOI. And by "we" I don't mean me... LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    My guess is we wont see a new exhibition until SOI. And by "we" I don't mean me... LOL
    I dont know why, but i am shure, they will made new exibition for CSOI.
    I want to see new at WCh "live" but they didnt have time even for good traning, whta about exibitions.
    You are lucky, canadian fans

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by icedance View Post
    Hey guys ! Many of us on this forum are V&M ubers, but what I found here http://www.fanforum.com/f88/scott-mo...4/index10.html is just something else - these guys are V&M-relationship-speculation ubers - dunno if it's cool or scary

I feel so normal in my uberdom right now. Are those people even figure skating fans? I seriously can't tell. It's all about whether Scott and Tessa are secretly married (yes really, there's something about "secret wedding rings" on the last page.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hope you have a great time at worlds, pani, and enjoy seeing V&M live.

vCash
    You know, guys, that board (fanforum) is known for it's "shipper" threads involving many fandoms...movies, television shows, and yes, real people. And it's pretty hardcore. So, yes, I would feel fairly normal in our "uberness" on this board because it's nothing compared to what goes on there. I wouldn't sweat it, though.

vCash
    I think what we see with V&M in regards to their "ship" is exactly how they portray it to be. Love and respect for one another..............probably better than most marriages. My hopes for them is that they continue to skate and manifest that passion, and go on to lead happy lives with their respective partners whomever they may be
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post

I feel so normal in my uberdom right now. Are those people even figure skating fans? I seriously can't tell. It's all about whether Scott and Tessa are secretly married (yes really, there's something about "secret wedding rings" on the last page.)
    From the brief time it took me to get scared and run away, it seems to be people who were either casual skating fans to begin with or who just caught ice dance during the Olympics and became obsessed with Tessa & Scott. Not necessarily their skating, but the people and their relationship (or lack of). It kinda makes me sad since there's so much more to them than that, but whatever, I guess it'll die down eventually. And if it puts bodies in the seats at CSOI, even better!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Hey!
    No, I didn't get it on facebook. You can send me a PM. See you at Palavela!

vCash
    Gushing Alert:
    One of YouTube's "recommendation" to me tonight was a clip from the movie Umbrellas of Cherbourg. Well, you know what *that* put me in the mood to look up and watch instead of the film.

Oh my. IIRC that FD was what made me a FAN. I've liked a lot of dance teams in my time, but above all for me there was T & D and now is V & M. When I'm having a bad day, I try to remind myself of some of the beautiful things in life. And skaters like V/M are on the list of Great Things.

BTW re: the "shippy" chat - I may have said this before, but back in the day I too was amazed that T & D were never involved romantically. But seeing how OTT other fans can be (like that other board) always reminds me to try and control myself. [And the nuttiness is spread around - I've been reading Joannie's FB page and a few posters there have made me go too.]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post

BTW re: the "shippy" chat - I may have said this before, but back in the day I too was amazed that T & D were never involved romantically. But seeing how OTT other fans can be (like that other board) always reminds me to try and control myself. [And the nuttiness is spread around - I've been reading Joannie's FB page and a few posters there have made me go too.]
    hahaha! i was also beginning to think v/m are the second coming t/d, fan speculation of their off-ice relationship at least.

vCash
    ^^Me too! I totally love that FD. In fact, I completely ignored ice dance until I happened upon their 2008 world's FD. I had followed Canadians that year, but mostly watched Men's (being a Jeff Buttle fan lol). I remember seeing a headline along the lines of "Virtue and Moir lead after Original Dance" and thinking... "whatever, it's ice dance." After world's, I was watching a video, probably of Jeff Buttle, when youtube recommended V/M's FD. I decided I'd watch it (I was procrastinating) and was completely blown away. I know it may not be the most difficult program and it might bore some people, but it's one of my favourite things.

vCash
    I love UoC too. I think it's really interesting to see the different kinds of love portrayed by V/M in UoC and the Mahler piece. UoC is about looking back at young love cut short. The Mahler piece is about young love looking forward to the future. They really are nice bookends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maggylyn View Post
    Another Worlds speculation - is it going to be the ballerina/hockey guy for the Exhibition again? (I'm already tired of it).
    You know I really liked their "Dare You to Move" exhibition from 08 Worlds.

Or this one. I like this one, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=vYdE...eature=related

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Better than Jack & Diane! J&D is by far the worst ex V&M have ever had.
    I actually like Jack & Diane ... . I like it better than Everybody Dance Now lol.

I doubt they'll have a new Ex for worlds but I"m sure we'll see new ones for CSOI! I don't mind the pink dress either but I still think white would look aesthetically better.

Ehs I think all of us here are first and foremost FS fans (like hello, this is FSU ). Above all, we like V/M for their skating (but of course we do love them as people too). I generally try not to ship real-life couples (it just feels really odd) but I guess other people are entitled to do as they will, as long as it isn't malicious. I have long adopted a "Que Sera Sera" attitude .

Re-watching UoC, I'm amazed they skated as well as that considering Tessa was in pain. Dance couples like them who have such wonderful chemistry, artistry and technical skills are a gem.

Much as I adore UoC, my favourite FD of theirs is a toss up between Valse Triste and Mahler. VT just has this magical, sublime quality that never fails to make me go . It's far less technically demanding but I could watch it all day. They're so very musical and the choreography is just lovely (I love how gentle they are going in and out of lifts).

It was also the first time I realized Ice Dance isn't necessarily OTT, trashy and dramatik, often with horrible costumes to boot. (I'm a relatively new fan circa 2006; don't hate! )

vCash
    Wow.........thanks for posting that.....I don't know where I was but don't think I've ever seen that ex..................it was smokin'. Much better than J&D. I don't know why they never used it again.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Techno My Fair Lady??? Gross! I had to turn it off after the first two lines of the song.

Sorry, but when you combine one of my favorite things in the world with one of my least favorite, it makes me ill.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Techno My Fair Lady??? Gross! I had to turn it off after the first two lines of the song.

Sorry, but when you combine one of my favorite things in the world with one of my least favorite, it makes me ill.
    I don't think that really qualifies as "techno", so I'm guessing you're a huge fan of My Fair Lady?

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast