Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Yes - pink. I like this color. Thank you for practies video!
    I thought it looked beautiful at that practice session!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    This dress is virtually identical to the white one except for some more beading detail in the middle of the chest. According to some blog during the Olympics, the pink one was Tessa's favourite but Marina wanted the white one, saying "you can't wear pink on the Olympic podium".

Wouldn't surprise me to see her wear the pink one at worlds. But I liked the look of the white one better.
    i think, again, marina is thinking of parallels with G&G. although it was on a Worlds podium, marina had the biggest debacle with g/g (that also ended their working relationship) when she had gordeeva in pink for their RJ lp.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i think, again, marina is thinking of parallels with G&G. although it was on a Worlds podium, marina had the biggest debacle with g/g (that also ended their working relationship) when she had gordeeva in pink for their RJ lp.
    She said, because it was wedding conception of this dance. She want to bring more light in this FD.
    Gordeeva had a lot off mistaces at WCh, when they skated R&J - didnt she? Maybe thats why Marina didnt like pink?

vCash
    There's another thread in the Trash Can with Patrick Chan doing an iPhone video tour of his athlete's village suite - it's super funny how orderly Scott's section of the room is! The rest of the guys are typical young male slobs, but Scott has his bed made up all tidy and a bunch of fan letters taped up across the wall in an orderly fashion. Too cute! He strikes me as a very disciplined person in all aspects of life.

vCash
    At team competition, when Scott was a captain of Team Canada, he keap Canadian K&C clean
    I think this was letters from his schoull - remember, a lot off childrens was at Nationals and it was Scotts video with them?
    Maybe he is so disciplined person, because they live without pearents from his teenages years?

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    At team competition, when Scott was a captain of Team Canada, he keap Canadian K&C clean
    I think this was letters from his schoull - remember, a lot off childrens was at Nationals and it was Scotts video with them?
    Maybe he is so disciplined person, because they live without pearents from his teenages years?
    True true. I remember reading that he stayed back alone to clean up the Canadian "apartment" at WTT.

Well, I saw really messy dorm rooms when I went on exchange a couple of years back! It really depends on how strict his billets were and his upbringing. I imagine most elite athletes are disciplined though, especially those who boarded.

Love her shoes from the Hello Canada shoot! It should be illegal to look this awesome after a week of sleep deprivation.

I don't mind the pink dress! I still think white is the best (I want her to revive the SC dress one last time) but the pink one looks fine too. Maybe they had a compromise; Tessa goes along with Marina's wishes and wears the white one at Olympics while she gets to wear the pink one at Worlds!

Off-topic: I want to see Tanith/ Johnny's room! With all the posters of Lady Gaga!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    Off-topic: I want to see Tanith/ Johnny's room! With all the posters of Lady Gaga!
    O yes - i wish this too
    And i wish to see Tessa-Scott exibition on Lady Gaga song Bad Romance

O if Tessa like Rihanna and Jay-Z "Run This Town" - they could made cool number on this sont too. Tessa will be look greate in Rihanna outfit from that clip

vCash

vCash
    I was thinking that it's pretty amazing that during the last Olympic year, V&M were the world junior champions. It will be interesting to see if the 2010 world junior champions end up being the Olympic champions in 2014.

pani, can you translate Platov article for us:
    http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s.../69204356.html

vCash
    Platov said.

I said to Moir - you could be two time Olympic Champion, like i am. But it will be only if they will not retried. It really hard now to made all this elements on level 4. It could be hard for your knees, thats why i think they will retried. But if they could skater in next 4 years, they could have ther same results, like i have (to be two time Olympic Champions). Its very hard with new system, but they have a chance.
    They are an improbable champions. Look at there elements, there skating. A lot of people didnt like this new system, because we could see reall dance under COP. I dont think so - if people have a creative vision of the ice dance, watch, what dance they skated at OG. To be honets i had goose-skin during there perfomance. I forget - it was new system or it was old system - it was DANCE. If skaters could show this - you didnt see all this akward step sequenses you see only dance.
    This system is very young. Some years ago ice dancers could made only 2-3 rotations in twizzles, but today they made 8 rotations with lifting legs ot hands. And people understand now, that twizzles is very important element. Did you heard an applause during twizzles today? Before people didnt know nothing about this element.
    I like 3 perfomances - V-M, D-W- they have super FD and skated with greate power and emotionals. I tought they will be a champions, because the beat canadianse during this season. And i like Domnina-Shabalin perfomace - they was better, then at ECh.
    In old system judges gave marks, because they like this program or dont like. But today you have your marks for elements. If you made element - you will have 5 points. If you cant- you will not have 5 points. Thats all.

I want post, that during video interwie journalist said to Platov - its interesting, that most fair joudging was in ice dance.
    Platov answer - yes. I agree with top 3. Maybe i had questions with top fibe.

Sorry for bad english
    Last edited by pani; 03-09-2010 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    Thank you Pani for the translation.

First time I fell in love with ice dance was because of G&P, second time because of V&M. What a treat to see Evgeni appreciates V&M so much

vCash
    pani, I really appreciate all the translations you do.

Thank you.

vCash
    And i wish to see Tessa-Scott exibition on Lady Gaga song Bad Romance
    Me too! I keep thinking this song would be so ironic, or whatever you want to call it, depending on your opinion.

vCash
    How about "Lovegame?"

I think that V&M could become two time Olympic champions myself but it depends on what they want (unfortunately it's not all about me ). I'm waiting to see what Scott and Tessa's plans are for the next year (I'm not even thinking that far ahead to 2014). As good as they are now, they have so much more to show with their skating.

vCash
    Thanks, Pani!

It's great to see that support for them from a 2-time OGM, someone who's probably literally seen everything in ice dance.

Perhaps they might work with him in the future on a program? I'm not familar with all the teams he's coached, so I'm not sure I've seen much of his choreography.

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    How about "Lovegame?"

I think that V&M could become two time Olympic champions myself but it depends on what they want (unfortunately it's not all about me ). I'm waiting to see what Scott and Tessa's plans are for the next year (I'm not even thinking that far ahead to 2014). As good as they are now, they have so much more to show with their skating.
    I approve. I'm dying to see them do a really risque exhibition. (Alternatively, I think Hungry Eyes would be a fab choice too, seeing how much Scott stares at Tessa during interviews! )

I guess it really depends. There's quite a good bunch of juniors currently (Shibus, I/K), plus all the younger senior teams like Samuelson/ Bates, Russian # 3, Marlie etc. It's figure skating; a lot of things can happen in 4 years. Kinda shocking to think 2 of our OGMs from Vancouver were WJC just 4 years ago! It doesn't feel that long ago!

YAYE thanks pani for the translation! And yes, I would like to see V/M collaborate with Platov (Kerrs Kerrs!! ).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    How about "Lovegame?"

I totally agree. I wish they would be around for the next 4 years...I think they're only just beginning to tap into their talent.

vCash
    and to think four years ago they couldn't even beat Morgan Matthews !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post
    and to think four years ago they couldn't even beat Morgan Matthews !!!
    Yea, but I think there's something to be said for pacing and development. While I'm sure they really wanted to beat M/Z, they were being groomed for Vancouver 2010. There's something to be said about developing a tad slower, but in a happier and healthier (well... minus last season's roadblock) way. Morgan Matthews is one of ice dance's most unfortunate stories while Tessa & Scott are Olympic Champions. I think part of it was M/Z were being heavily pushed for the 3rd Olympic spot in 2006 (and there was all the pressure that came with that) while Tessa & Scott pretty much knew their time was going to be 2010.

vCash
    I must say, i liked team Matthews-Zavozin.I love there "Tango Roxan" FD at 2006 and "Pianist soundtrack" FD in 2007. I think Morgan is really greate ice-daner and she have elegants and greate expression. But maybe in one point of there career she start listen, what people talking about her team with Max - that she was much better, then her patner. And she want to find someone, who will be better for her. In ther same time, teams, like D-W, B-A didnt listen, what people talk about there relationships on the ice and didnt want change patner and then took silver at OG. I think M-Z could have good results, but they needed waited some time.
    V-M try hard to go to 2006 OG too. But its greate, that they wasnt there, because at that ages they couldnt skate senior FD clean - it was hard for so young skaters.
    Last edited by pani; 03-09-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast