Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash

Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Our last thread got locked up because we went off tangent and discussed the Olympics. Let's try to stay on track this time!

To get things going, here's their upcoming schedule:

Worlds 2010 - Turin, Italy (GMT + 1)
    Mar 23: CD (12:00 - 16:20)
    Mar 25: OD (12:45 - 17:00)
    Mar 26: FD (20:00 - 22:30)
    Mar 28: Gala (14:30)

Stars on Ice
    April 22 – Halifax
    April 24 – Ottawa
    April 25 – Montreal
    April 29 – Windsor
    April 30 – Toronto
    May 1 – Hamilton
    May 2 – London
    May 6 – Winnipeg
    May 8 – Edmonton
    May 9 – Calgary
    May 11 – Victoria
    May 14 - Vancouver

Nice article on them by Maclean's: http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/03/01/c...s-sweethearts/

I honestly wonder how they can top their programmes this season, assuming they stay on. I'm dying to see what the dancers will do for the OD next season! I am curious to know if they'll have a new Ex for Worlds! (Probably not, but I think they'll have a new one for SOI)

It's honestly quite hilarious that EVERYONE is convinced they're dating. I showed their FD to a couple of non-skating fans and they didn't believe me. The true/slant article was . V/M should consider a career in acting.

ALLEZ V/M!

vCash
    That last line in the article just kills me.

vCash
    for this thread.

Loved the Macleans article! So many people contributing to their success as well as their own hard work and determination. The thought of them being too shy to talk to each when they first paired up is very sweet, although hard to imagine with Scott's outgoing personality.

And their last CSOI date's on my b-day. I'm so tempted...

As for staying on (I hope so) and I think the sky's the limit for them artistically. I've been watching last seasons FD and also from their EX the other night and I hope they'll explore some more modern dance/music like Pink Floyd.

vCash
    Been checking up the Facebook fan pages for V/M (three of them. One for the two and one for each individually). Before V/M won membership in the Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue fan page was 20 (I was one of them). During the Olympics, it rose to about 100 to 200. The days after they won, there has now been 4000+ members.

I don't know whether it's just Canadian pride, the fact that there is a fan page for V/M and longtime fans just hasn't seen it yet, or the "OMG I love this team I wonder if there's a fan page for them on Facebook OMG there it is! *becomes a fan*" hype like what I saw with the numbers in Evan Lysacek's fan page but it's good to know they're becoming known. I'll take the latter.

(Have a feeling that most of the increase is due to every-four-year fans. Hopefully it won't decrease as the years go on or next season when they stop caring about skating. Hehehehehe. )

YAY V/M!!!!!!!!!!! You made that Goose fly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaSTRARSSA! View Post
    for this thread.

......As for staying on (I hope so) and I think the sky's the limit for them artistically. I've been watching last seasons FD and also from their EX the other night and I hope they'll explore some more modern dance/music like Pink Floyd.
    Agreed. I think that's the main thing I'm looking forward to. To see what types of FD's V&M will skate to in the coming seasons. I wonder if they might even use an outside choreographer at some point, just for a little variety.

I'm sorry I never got the Pink Floyd FD on tape, I have to go to youtube when I want to see it. Perhaps they'll bring back a version of it as an exhibition. I can hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Agreed. I think that's the main thing I'm looking forward to. To see what types of FD's V&M will skate to in the coming seasons.
    They didnt said, they will compite in next season yet. But i hope they will show something modern in show too
    I think they will show ner exibition at CSOI, not at WCh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    Greate article! What a hard way they had to get this moment of there lifes. Russian commentator said it was easiest victory at this OG, but i think it was really hard. To get up every day at 4-30, to live along, without pearents from 13-15 yesars old, live in another country from 14-16, this Tessas injury, when doctors didnt know, what happened with her.
    It really inteersting - what a different wayes they have with Meryl and Charlie and what a close friends they are.
    Maybe we must have 1 V-M tread now?

vCash
    I don't usually read Maclean's, but I picked up a copy this week because V/M are on the cover and there are quite a few pages of Olympic coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mishieru07 View Post
    It's honestly quite hilarious that EVERYONE is convinced they're dating. I showed their FD to a couple of non-skating fans and they didn't believe me. The true/slant article was . V/M should consider a career in acting.
    Oh, I know! All the comments at the end of that article are from people saying that they MUST be in love, "have you seen the way Tessa looks at him?" etc. Hilarious!

pani, Marina made a comment after they won OG about how they plan to skate for a long time yet. And Scott said something like, "We've only just begun." They haven't confirmed anything but it sounds likely they are coming back for at least another season.

Good to have our thread back. There was a great cheer thread in the Oly ice dance forum, but a lot of regulars weren't there!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    pani, Marina made a comment after they won OG about how they plan to skate for a long time yet. And Scott said something like, "We've only just begun." They haven't confirmed anything but it sounds likely they are coming back for at least another season.
    Yes, Marina said, but at NBC interwie (they answer on people questions) Dave ask - will they end skating because of Tessas injurie. Tessa said, that she is OK now and skate without pain. And that they will go to WCh, then in CSOI tour and only then will decide will they skate more or no.

vCash
    I'm confused about whether or not V&M have an agent. I'm assuming from their website, they have one (McAlpine Sports which seems to specialize in NHL hockey), but I thought Tessa said in some interview after the FD that they don't have one yet.

Anyway, here's an article that says Grey Goose vodka has named a drink after V&M
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...-85937947.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    IAnyway, here's an article that says Grey Goose vodka has named a drink after V&M
    http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo...-85937947.html
    WOW! Could Tessa drink achohol or only after she will be 21?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    WOW! Could Tessa drink achohol or only after she will be 21?
    I hear the drinking age is 19 in Canada so Tessa could go ahead before she turns 21 in May.

Lucky bastards. Enjoy the Grey Goose, Tessa!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    I feel maybe it will be hard for them to go to World championship.
    Look, like they will have greate time at home!

vCash
    London Free Press - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Stream Tessa and Scott arrival - there lifes going crazy

vCash
    Awesome! Thanks Pani!

vCash
    Wow, live streaming Tessa and Scott's arrival at the airport... the London paper really has nothing to report on, does it?

If I watch this stream for more than a few minutes I am seriously going to start losing respect for myself...

vCash
    If I watch this stream for more than a few minutes I am seriously going to start losing respect for myself...

Tessa and Scott was really sweet with all this kids and give to all of them touch there medals
    They will to to WCh - YEEESSSSS!!!!!

vCash
    that is a surreal experience But how cool, "That's the plan!" - about winning Worlds in Torino - and I'm gonna witness that live (sorry for boasting, but no major competition including Tessa and Scott is gonna take place in Europe next season, so I'm over the moon about Torino)

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast