Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Kristi said she discovered muscles she didn't know she had and it forced her to open up other facets of herself. If he does intend to skate competitively next season, this might be good for him artistically. At least he doesn't have to worry about the quad

vCash
    Maybe Apollo can give him some pointers!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

vCash
    Wheeee can't wait to see this

vCash
    Awesome. Quite an experiment.
    I am curious how Evan will handle it all- Latin rhythms especially. He'll have to let go a bit It will not be easy for him, for sure, but I'll be tuning in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    I think he can take Buzz Aldrin
    Aww! This is going to be tough for me!

Buzz Aldrin is a hero! I love astronauts! Maybe those of his generation who may be watching will send in the votes for Buzz.

vCash
    Can't wait till they til him he needs to be more masculine I'm always happy when skaters get more mainstream exposure, but I really wish they had cast Johnny. That would have been hilarious!

YEAH!
    vCash
    I read about him doing DWTS but I figured that meant he was skipping the tour.... doing both is

We know he can do paso doble, he did that SP for about 5 seasons. I bet he does well with all the standard dances too, cause he has nice posture and line, and he should smoke the tango. I'm a bit worried for the faster and sexier Latin dances.

I hope Cheryl isn't his partner. She nearly ruined Gilles for me.

vCash
    double post
    Last edited by zhenya271; 03-02-2010 at 02:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I hope Cheryl isn't his partner. She nearly ruined Gilles for me.
    Crossing my fingers! What a shame that was!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    Conceivably, Evan could miss more than 1/3 of the entire tour.
    Obviously, DWTS is paying him enough to make it worth his while. And I think his PR team (part of IMG, that runs SOI) realizes the exposure will benefit him more in the long run. A lot of people watched the Olys, but I bet even more follow (or are at least familiar with) DWTS. This gives him a chance to get mainstream exposure and gain fans outside his niche market.

And since my SOI show is on a Thurs, I'll be seeing Evan when he's rested. (although now I'm worried that he and D/W will switch off shows and I'll miss them)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Obviously, DWTS is paying him enough to make it worth his while. And I think his PR team (part of IMG, that runs SOI) realizes the exposure will benefit him more in the long run. A lot of people watched the Olys, but I bet even more follow (or are at least familiar with) DWTS. This gives him a chance to get mainstream exposure and gain fans outside his niche market.
    That's a good point. If Evan does well on DWTS he'll gain many new fans who would shell out for his SOI appearences in future years. So this is good for Evan AND for the tour. I'm looking forward to seeing him try out all the different dance styles. I think with his sports background, his good posture and line and ballet training, he should do well.

However I'm just worried about him, the schedule sounds absolutely exhausting. He doesn't have a day off! Hopefully he won't hurt himself and the quality of his skating will not suffer from the reduced practice time.

vCash
    I would send the producers to have Evan get Espana Capri for his Paso.

vCash
    Good for Evan but how is he supposed to train his DWTS programs with his partner if he's away most of the week doing SOI?

vCash
    Ok I think I'm missing something. What's with the race to the B list, Evan? DWTS is what you do when you have no other income opportunities left and you want to either make a few $ and fight desperately to stay in the public eye (Gosselin) or you are trying to find a cheesy way to revive your career (everyone else). Evan should be doing commercials and speaking tours, etc unless he's getting major coin for this...or this was the ONLY proposal his agent got.

Has he ever danced with a girl? His work ethic would make him passable and he should make it about half way through although he will have limited audience appeal. Jake the bachelor should be horrendous. The dude doesn't appear to have any soul but the women will keep voting for him until they either can't stand to watch him butcher dances or he finally gives them a shirtless dance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
    Good for Evan but how is he supposed to train his DWTS programs with his partner if he's away most of the week doing SOI?

I was thinking the other way. How is he going to rehearse for SOI if he's going to do DWTS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    Ok I think I'm missing something. What's with the race to the B list, Evan? DWTS is what you do when you have no other income opportunities left and you want to either make a few $ and fight desperately to stay in the public eye (Gosselin) or you are trying to find a cheesy way to revive your career (everyone else). Evan should be doing commercials and speaking tours, etc unless he's getting major coin for this...or this was the ONLY proposal his agent got.
    A race to the B list is a step up for him, so this show is a good thing. This is still one of the highest rated shows on television, so I can't see why he wouldn't want to do it.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    I was thinking the other way. How is he going to rehearse for SOI if he's going to do DWTS?
    If he's doing programs he already has, then all he has to do is learn the group numbers - considering he won't be there much of the time, I can't imagine he'll have a major role, so should be easy enough.

DWTS is another thing altogether - he has to learn a new discipline, *and* new dances every week.

I'm guessing that DWTS is what's going to suffer here, along with the fans who bought tickets for SOI shows he's now not going to be in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post

Has he ever danced with a girl? His work ethic would make him passable and he should make it about half way through although he will have limited audience appeal. Jake the bachelor should be horrendous. The dude doesn't appear to have any soul but the women will keep voting for him until they either can't stand to watch him butcher dances or he finally gives them a shirtless dance.
    It's a mainstream B list More people watch DWTS than skating - even at Olympics.
    Besides, one actually COULD do amazing things- I don't always watch DWTS, but Apolo/ Julianne team was unfreakingbelievably good.
    LOL about whether Evan has danced with a girl. There is always a first

Some place competitive and athletic, but ultimately more like an audition than anything else.
    vCash
    I would rather see Evan at Worlds and Johnny on DWTS . . . but this could be good.

Besides, I bet team Evan is thinking that he already won Worlds, so a another is not so important.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paskatefan View Post
    If he's not doing all the SOI shows, he's probably not in any of the group numbers and only has to perform his own programs. I'm wondering if his partner (whoever that ends up being) will travel on the SOI tour with him.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast