Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    Evan on DWTS ... oh, how cool is that!! I'm really looking forward to seeing him.

I'm wondering who else is going to be on too. I've read about the possibility of Kate Gosselin and Alison Sweeney (Days of Our Lives & Biggest Loser) being on. I could pass on Kate but I'd love to see Alison, although I don't know how she'd be able to juggle it with her other 2 shows.

ETA: Oops, I see there's a thread about this in Off The Beaten Track ... I'll go check that one out. Tks.

vCash
    This is too cool! I may have to watch for once. Very smart for him to strike while the iron is hot, publicity-wise. This appearance could lead to other opportunities for him.

vCash
    Oy. Evan.

I'm kind of surprised that they're actually letting another figure skater on the show after Kristi basically blew away the competition. Although Kristi obviously has more of a dance background than him, so it might be different.

At least I'll still get to see him, even though he's not competing

vCash
    i think it's great! not only because i am a HUGE evan fan, but any attention figure skating can get is a good thing.

vCash
    I'd put good money on him winning.

Title-less
    vCash
    I'm no Evan fan, but this is a pretty good idea. He might actually become a dancey skater and break out of his Tosca/Carmen/Schez mode.

vCash
    Maybe Evan's Elves will chip and buy him a giant, industrial-sized tub of hair grease/gel!

Stock in fake-bake salons will suddenly skyrocket...

Seriously though, this should really boost his exposure with people who don't follow figure skating. I have never watched DWTS, but I'll be tunning in to see Evan, Buzz Aldrin, and Pam Anderson.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Evan withdrew from Worlds earlier in the week (see http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...gner-withdraw/ for more info) so that is no real surprise. Congratulations to him. All the cast is announced here too: http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...dancing-shoes/

vCash
    Yeah, definitely surprised that they are continuing to let figure skaters on. I mean, all skaters have had a fair amount of dance training...

vCash
    Not so surprising - he's an Olympic Gold medalist with his win still fresh in everyone's minds - should be a big ratings grabber.

I'm not a big Evan fan but I'm looking forward to seeing him without windmill arms for a change.

vCash
    I'm SOOOO looking forward to seeing Evan's costuming in bold bright colors for a change! There'll be no snakes around his neck either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Pretty surprised they were willing to cast another skater after so many people accused Kristi of being a ringer...maybe they figured Evan would disprove that, if only because his height may give him some problems.
    I don't think Evan will be that much of a favourite with his 'skill' - I mean, Nicole Scherezzzzzzswdflkadsjfo from the Pussycat Dolls is on, and she has way more dance training than he does. I hope it makes him put a bit more personality out there. I want to see him full on shake his ass, not do it timidly.

Anyone else betting he gets Cheryl Burke for his partner? They were after all tweeting after his win, with her saying he'd be good on the show and him replying he'd love it...

vCash
    Jake and Evan on Dancing with the Stars. This may be the first time I actually watch this show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 10J View Post
    He has to be in Los Angeles on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays for rehearsals and for Dancing With The Stars broadcasts. The good news is when he is taping the show he can sleep in his own bed. He lives about five minutes from the studio.

Lysacek will take red-eye flights to tour dates for shows on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    If that's the case, he will miss a lot of shows if he lasts awhile on DWTS. That includes shows in Tampa (4/4 - Sunday), Boston (4/11 - Sunday), Portland, ME (4/13 - Tuesday), Providence (4/18 - Sunday), Bridgeport (4/20 - Tuesday), Wilkes-Barre (4/25 - Sunday), Toledo (4/27 - Tuesday), Detroit (5/2 - Sunday), Cincinnati (5/4 - Tuesday), St. Paul (5/9 - Sunday), Kansas City (5/10 - Monday), Denver (5/16 - Sunday), Phoenix (5/18 - Tuesday). That's 13 of the first 33 shows, more than 1/3. Plus some of the Wednesday shows are not exactly in locations easy to reach from LA (e.g., Manchester, NH and Grand Rapids, MI). I'm also not sure when the DWTS finale is, but don't they also usually have a several-episode finale with all the competitors present? Conceivably, Evan could miss more than 1/3 of the entire tour.

vCash
    So Evan's gonna be on? Aww, that sucks, I was hoping to skip this season but now I'll have to watch
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    This could be or this could be

Either way-Go Evan!

If he dances well he should look pretty good with his height, and line.

vCash
    Toledo and Cincinnati? Not amused! Oh well I hope I get me some Mirai and JAbbot and of course Sasha I wonder if Evan's "good friend" Nastia will go to a show? She didn't for her "good friend" and "room mate" Shawn Johnson.

vCash
    I think he can take Buzz Aldrin

vCash
    Well, if some fans bitched about Kristi having an advantage, they might bitch about this one.

vCash
    Anyone else weirdly looking forward to seeing him in low cut shiny pink sparkly Latin dance shirts, while shakin' his booty? It's so un-Evan but so appealing to see. Though since he said the 'stars' get some input into the costumes, they will probably all be black and covered with birds or something.

I still think that Nicole Scheerlkjsdklfjosd is going to have the biggest unfair advantage - she's already a great dancer who is super flexible. Though I don't know what her likeability factor will be.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast