Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Interview with Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov

hey guys, here is a nice and cute interview with I/K.

http://goldenskate.com/articles/2009/053010.shtml

I think they are a great team, and I hope they continue to improve in the next 4 years.

vCash
    So excited about this couple!
    The first time I've ever heard them I saw them skating live, and their FD gave me goosebumps! They wonderful and have a great musicality despite their young age!

vCash
    Thanks for posting the link Valentina!

I am amazed that their coach allows Nikita to play soccer in his free time. That must be the worst sport for injuring the knees! What does it matter that he is careful, when the other players won't pay attention?
    Last edited by Asli; 05-31-2010 at 07:44 AM.

vCash
    They are a VERY awesome partnership because of many things; also because they are both INDIVIDUALLY great skaters, both are, very well-matched in presentation and abilities. Both are amazing skaters individually, what a breath of fresh air!

vCash
    I think they are amazing. They are young but they have amature skating and kind of old school but sitill fresh and exciting. Like Valentian said I aslo hope they continue to improve but I alreaddy think they are great
    their fre dance this past seaosn was just great and the hendle so well thta drmatic and sowerful tone of the dance.

Good luck to them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    I am amazed that their coach allows Nikita to play soccer in his free time. That must be the worst sport for injuring the knees! What does it matter that he is careful, when the other players won't pay attention?
    Soccer is the most popular sport in Russia, most boys and some girls play it in their free time. I also heard that Mishin's students like to play after practices, even Plushenko and little Liza Tuktamysheva

Back to topic: I like this young team very much and hope that next season will be succesful for them, can't wait to see their new programs!
    Last edited by Autumn_girl; 05-31-2010 at 09:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Soccer is the most popular sport in Russia, most boys and some girls play it in their free time. I also heard that Mishin's students like to play after practices, even Plushenko and little Liza Tuktamysheva

Back to topic: I like this young team very much and hope that next season will be succesful for them, can't wait to see their new programs!
    and if you paly for fun with people thta you know it is not dengerous, its quite good to help them to relax i think.

vCash
    Such a gorgeous couple on the ice! I look forward to watching them develop in the coming years.

vCash

Don't jinx!!!!
    Last edited by Ituriel; 05-31-2010 at 01:25 PM.

vCash
    They're too adorable for words.

I can't wait to see their programs and I hope they have a good transition into the senior ranks.

They're so well suited imo. People talk about Elena's charisma, but I think Nikita has it too, just in a subtle type of way. I watch both of them, not one or the other like I do with a lot of other teams.

vCash
    I am very excited about this pair and loved both their programs from last year especially their OD.

I couldn't help but notice how matured their answers were to some questions, and on the part they discuss about competing together again, they sounded like a couple who had gone through marriage counseling

vCash
    I love them so much, it embarrasses me. I can't wait to find out their free dance music.

vCash
    They seem to be very mature for their age! I just can´t wait to see them live next season!

vCash
    I can't believe they are juniors. They are amazing and could give the current top teams a run for their money. I can't wait to see how it unfolds once they join the senior ranks.

vCash
    They will probably be the highest ranked Russian team next season. I just hope that the pressure on them will not kill them.
    They are just exquisite.
    I drove to Junior Worlds just to see them, weird fan that I am!

vCash
    She has the most beautiful smile!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalle View Post
    I love them so much, it embarrasses me.
    I know what you mean! I want to praise them to the sky but have to restrain myself in order not to annoy people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    They will probably be the highest ranked Russian team next season. I just hope that the pressure on them will not kill them.
    It's a pity they are starting their first senior year with so much pressure, but they seem pretty level-headed from this article, so let's hope they can coop with it. Personally, I don't care where they rank in Russia or the world as long as they give me something to look forward to in ice dance!

vCash

It's a pity they are starting their first senior year with so much pressure, but they seem pretty level-headed from this article, so let's hope they can coop with it. Personally, I don't care where they rank in Russia or the world as long as they give me something to look forward to in ice dance!
    I totally agree! Or even more - I wish there was someone ranked above them in Russia so they can just dance without pressure and I can just enjoy them selfishly. :

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Capella View Post
    She has the most beautiful hair!

Haha, comments in this thread make me

vCash
    I like this team a lot!
    I am also noticing that this is not the first foto where she is “draping herself” around him, and he just sits/stand like Iron Genrich, hands folded in-front.

I would prefer if he took her hand or made some kind of friendly body contact, or a simple dance hold, or something. Otherwise it looks like “she likes him more than he likes her”.

Please! Let this not be another Gordeeva/Grinkov’s “the quietly suffering, all enduring, little Russian girl, in-love with a self-centered boy” story…….

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast