Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    For some reason, the only skater i can think of, that resembles Kwan's spiral, is the one by Caro. Kostner. Neither are flexible skaters but the extension is impressive. The edge is also similar, as well as the fact that they both smile during.
    I love Kostner's spirals. Compared to Kwan's they were a little shaky whenever she was changing edge or whenever she was getting into a catchfoot but otherwise I love the speed, the edging, the impressive coverage and the body lean. And of course Kwan still had better line on hers.

And of today's skaters, i think the top ladies are the ones who are the best at incorporating spirals into their programs- they seem to make it 'stand out'/attention grabbing, even if the quality of position is not as great, as say, the younger and less experienced American girls (like Mirai).
    Too bad COP forces skaters to do a sequence in the lp. The way Kwan puts spirals in her lps (Tak Mahal, Lyra, Black Swan etc) was very effective and seldomly seen these days.

vCash
    Yeah I thought the spin and spiral feature changes post-2006 would've actually helped Kwan out.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    Yeah I thought the spin and spiral feature changes post-2006 would've actually helped Kwan out.
    They would have. CoP was and still is placing quantity over quality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwantumleap View Post
    They would have. CoP was and still is placing quantity over quality.
    It depends. If your elements are of perfect quality, you will score very well. If your elements are average, you need quantity.
    What I mean is that quality can win over quantity, but it needs to be perfect !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Too bad COP forces skaters to do a sequence in the lp. The way Kwan puts spirals in her lps (Tak Mahal, Lyra, Black Swan etc) was very effective and seldomly seen these days.
    I think the post 2010 changes will allow for non-sequences, don't they? Just two spirals done at some point in the program, or do they still have to be done in sequence? I know they can get away with one 6 second spiral. That's surprising to me, as pre-COP FS requirements were 2 spiral positions, iirc.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I didn't realize that that there were spiral requirements in the LP pre-COP.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Favorites:
    2001 Michelle Kwan: Love it!!!
    2000 Michelle Kwan: Wish she had performed it with its prev. cheography, but with same "punch" she had here.
    2004 Shizuka Arakawa: Wow! Who cares about the underrotated second 3-3?
    2006 Kimmie Meissner: I loved this program. I don't care what anyone says.

Middle of the Road:
    2003 Michelle Kwan: It is emotionally moving, but it's just not that great or interesting of a program, despite phenominal execution.
    2005 Irina Slutskaya: good job, but ehh for me.
    2008 Mao Asada: if only she had landed that 3 axel!

Not interested:
    2009 Yu-Na Kim: Totally over-hyped, IMO. Good, but the best ever? No way.
    2007 Miki Ando: I wasn't a fan of her LPs until the 2008-2009 season.
    2002 Irina Slutskaya: Kwan should have won, IMO

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567