How would you rank the ladies' winning free program performances at the world championships in this (past) decade?
2000: Michelle Kwan, Miraculous Mandarin
2001: Michelle Kwan, Song of the Black Swan
2002: Irina Slutskaya, Carmen
2003: Michelle Kwan, Aranjuez
2004: Shizuka Arakawa, Turandot
2005: Irina Slutskaya, Queen of Spades
2006: Kimmie Meissner, Queen of Sheba
Unfortunately, I couldn't find a link =[
2007: Miki Ando, Mendelssohn Concerto
2008: Mao Asada, Fantasie-Impromptu
2009: Yu-na Kim, Scheherezade
1. 2004 Arakawa: This performance was ground-breaking! She set new technical standards with a 3lz-3toe-2loop and 3flip-3toe in the same program, and had created a superior artistic impact with Turandot. Her best performance ever!
2. 2003 Kwan: Her Worlds performance was a joy, considering how much pressure and pain she suffered the year before. I only placed it second, in my opinion behind Arakawa's, because her technical content wasn't nearly as high.
3. 2005 Slutskaya: A very inspiring performance after her struggles with sickness (and with her mother's), and a 3lz-3loop as well! In terms of PCS/presentation it wasn't as great as some of the other performances, but it was definitely a great program to watch.
4. 2001 Kwan: Another great program with Kwan - she handled the pressure tremendously well, considering she wasn't the favorite
5. 2000 Kwan
6. 2007 Ando: A solid performance, but it wasn't phenomenal, which was why it only placed 2nd for the freeskate. But her reaction afterwards was priceless, one of my favorite moments
7. 2002 Slutskaya: A clean program, but a bit conservative and not nearly as much impact as her 2005 winning performance
8. 2008 Asada: She skated wonderfully, but she did have a fall in the beginning
9. 2006 Meissner: Clean program with triple-triples, but the rest of her program just wasn't as impressive, though she received a great reaction
10. 2009 Kim: I can't believe I put this record-breaking performance at the end But I didn't think her program for this year was that great - it was kind of flat and didn't catch my attention, and she even popped a jump. Not to mention, she skated to Scheherzade