Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    B/A were shafted, they deserved 3rd. F/S were too, they should have been 4th. But, that's what it is. I had always been a bit critical of Tanith's technique. I think that since going to Linichuk, she has improved. However, I think they lost out on choreography, and Linichuk's favoritism for D/S.

The outfits for both B/A and D/S were horrible. Linichuk likes to have control on outfit design and she has horrible taste. When Tanith's Mom was doing their outfits they were always tasteful.

vCash
    It would be SUCH a dream to have them go back to the original cut of their music and the COC dresses, and go to Worlds w/o the pressure of the Olympics and just skate as free as they can. Given the marks of v/m and d/w, they may not win- but I would much rather see them cap of their careers that way than with that program in Vancouver- and w/o D/S a historic North American podium is very much a possibility.

vCash
    I'll miss them very much but i think they might reconcider. And especially with D/S /or Shabalin /possible retirement i hope Nathalia finnaly will give them programs they deserve and retire with grace.

vCash
    well.......it would be amazing to see them win that 6th national title...perhaps they can squeak out another year while applying to universities, as both have indicated they would like to do that. Ah, one can dream...

vCash
    I don't think they'll stay in beyond Worlds. But I would like to see them go to Worlds. I am guessing that D/S will not go, Max's knees will probably dictate that. I would like to see B/A on the Podium one last time. Bronze is fine, assuming V/M and D/W go. I think that if D/S go, B/A should not. Not because they would not out skate them, but because I would hate to see them beaten by a weaker team again. D/S will be held up, why go through that again? And they should go without Linichuk, fire her a$$ and go alone if they have to. They're experienced enough, they don't need her.

vCash
    I will miss them! I wish they got a medal, and thought they deserved it.

vCash
    I wish they will go to WCh in Torino.

vCash
    i'll miss them too, many people may to be fans of Tanith and ben but everyone have to admit thta thei are good and they opened the door to this young american teams.

I hope they stay another season, get otehr coreagrapher, juts for pride.

I hope they lots of shoes, have fun and reach their dreams out side of the sport now. I was so glad with their performance at this Oly, they skated really well, and left the bulding with heir heads held high and pround of their friends.

Tanith and Ben are classy!

vCash
    Best wishes to them. They've done their "due" and competed in 2 Olympics. Have many medals to their credit, at national and world levels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    ....The outfits for both B/A and D/S were horrible. Linichuk likes to have control on outfit design and she has horrible taste. When Tanith's Mom was doing their outfits they were always tasteful.
    Unlike B&A, DomShabs actually had different costumes they were using for practice. They were gorgeous, done in red and black (with no creepy faces). You could have knocked me over with a feather when the final group took the ice for the warm up and DomShabs were back in those things from Europeans.

I wonder who gets the final say on which costumes get used. I thought that both Oksana's and Tanith's CD dresses were gorgeous (Oksana's even more so) so I can't say they have poor taste in general.

vCash
    Interview w/Tanith WHAT a girl she is...I am continually so impressed with her poise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSGP21 View Post
    Interview w/Tanith WHAT a girl she is...I am continually so impressed with her poise.
    Tanith has AMAZING sportsmanship.
    She really would make a great broadcaster.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Love Tanith and Ben and how they've matured from the "young kids of US ice dance" to gracious champions. One thing I always loved at any event where they're competing is when they take the ice at practice and Ben just starts flying around the rink with a big smile and such joy in his skating. You'd never know they're in a big competition, Ben just seems like a kid having fun doing something he loves.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Around the corner prostituting the biellman
    vCash
    She's a great gal! A lot of talk has been made of the beauty that Tanish is at these games. I would not be surprised if a cosmetic company signed her to endorse their product.

vCash
    Does anyone know what interview this tweet is referring to? and more importantly, where we can see it?

@TanithJLBBen_Agosto Saw you on US show this PM. What class you both have.Tanith, love to have you commentate. Very articulate.
    about 17 hours ago via web

vCash
    They did a fantastic interview on the Figure Skating Review/Preview Show on Universal Sports yesterday. As usual, they were fabulous. Maybe the tweet is referring to that.

When asked what their future plans hold, they talked about SOI, but did not mention Worlds.

vCash
    Tanith its so classy, and she sems to be pretty happy about here her and ben's carear are today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    They did a fantastic interview on the Figure Skating Review/Preview Show on Universal Sports yesterday. As usual, they were fabulous. Maybe the tweet is referring to that.

When asked what their future plans hold, they talked about SOI, but did not mention Worlds.
    aw, is this online at all? I would love to see it..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BackOnTheIce View Post
    I felt the costuming did them in. Why would anyone cover up those two beautiful humans? Linichuk really missed the boat on that one.
    Good point. Their costumes for the FD made no sense to me. Tanith and Ben are in amazing shape. Why not dress them in beautiful costumes that actually go with the music. Poor Ben in that Elvis costume! And that dress did nothing for Tanith. She looks like a model. Couldn't someone have designed a nice dress for her...?!

vCash
    aw, is this online at all? I would love to see it..
    Not sure. You could search YouTube for Tanith Ben Universal Sports Feb. 24 and maybe you'll find it. If Universal Sports has it's own website, mybe there would be a clip there.

Meryl and Charlie were on after them. Probably the most animated interview I've ever seen from them. Charlie was hysterical. Made some comment about how they really tried to get into character for there FD. He made some comment to the effect of, "We tried to think what would Christine do if she were to twizzle." Probably not doing the quote justice, but he had Peter, Terry, and Kristi laughing hysterically.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast