Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Yikes!

Now they are saying she maybe sent bombs in past.

And the story about the great scientist who killed her brother... tisk tisk

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Unbelievable! What's next, we find out she killed Kennedy?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    From the link above:
    Back in 1986, Amy Bishop shot her teenaged brother. Initially, it was revealed that she was unloading her shot gun when it went off, accidentally causing his death. On the other hand, reports are surfacing that she shot him after an argument.

In 1992, Amy Bishop and her husband were questioned in connection with a bomb attempt on a Harvard professor. A professor was delivered a package containing wires and pipe bombs.

...Amy and her husband were not charged with the bomb plot. Reports indicate that “during a search of Bishop’s computer, investigators discovered a draft of a story that Bishop had written about a female scientist who had killed her brother and was hoping to find redemption in life by becoming a great scientist.”
    I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to plead insanity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    From the link above: I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to plead insanity.
    I would only be surprised if they DON'T plead insanity at this point. The question is, is she really insane or just smart enough to play it that way?
    Last edited by BigB08822; 02-15-2010 at 09:59 PM.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    There is an ABC interview on googles news summary that includes quotes from her father-in-law that makes him sound as if he is trying to justify what she did. He wants to know 'who the protagonist in that room was'.

vCash
    ^ can you provide a link, I can't find it?

I would say from this article that the FIL is trying to protect his son and the husband is doing Bishop no favors blabbing to the press potentially incriminating stuff. Sounds like they are trying to distance themselves from "Prof Crazy". Jerks.

Bishop's father-in-law, Jim Anderson, told The Associated Press that his son and daughter-in-law "were cleared when the evidence proved they had nothing to do with it."
    He said ATF conducted the investigation. "They focused on the wrong persons and let the bad guy(s) flee," he said in an e-mail.
    Bishop's husband told the Chronicle of Higher Education on Monday that her wife had recently borrowed a handgun and had practiced with it at an indoor gun range. He said she wouldn't tell him who she borrowed it from and was 'very cagey.'
    He said she had been worried about "crazy students" since someone had followed her across campus last summer. But he said he warned his wife not to bring the gun to work.
    Not that I'd do such a thing, but I'd hope MrBG would be a little supportive.

vCash
    and things get better
    And police say charges were, in fact, filed against Bishop in 2002 after she punched another woman at a Massachusetts fast-food restaurant in a scuffle over a booster seat. She received probation and was ordered to take anger-management classes.
    nice

p.s. Another source says the fast-food place was an i-hop

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Sounds like they are trying to distance themselves from "Prof Crazy". Jerks.
    Bishop killed three people and wounded three more. One of the three people who were wounded is currently in neuro-intensive care with what is thought to be significant brain damage. Another person is still in surgical intensive care. I don't see why her husband and FIL need to be supportive of her at all.

She also pointed and shot the gun at one of her work collegues who was trying to push her out of the room. The only reason this person was not shot and or killed is because she ran out of bullets.

I don't know if Bishop is crazy or not, but what she did was horrendous.

Forgive me if I sound harsh and judgemental, but I live in the community where this happened; it hits very close to home. So many lives have been forever changed by this woman's disregard for human life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiery View Post
    Bishop killed three people and wounded three more. One of the three people who were wounded is currently in neuro-intensive care with what is thought to be significant brain damage. Another person is still in surgical intensive care. I don't see why her husband and FIL need to be supportive of her at all.

She also pointed and shot the gun at one of her work collegues who was trying to push her out of the room. The only reason this person was not shot and or killed is because she ran out of bullets.

I don't know if Bishop is crazy or not, but what she did was horrendous.

Forgive me if I sound harsh and judgemental, but I live in the community where this happened; it hits very close to home. So many lives have been forever changed by this woman's disregard for human life.
    She will be judged soon enough.

What she did was awful. There are witness, and thankfully, survivors.

Her husband blabbing to the press helps no one.

Everyone needs support. Did you ever see "dead man walking"? I said support, not forgiveness. Her husband keeping his stupid mouth shut doesn't hurt the victims or their families. If he wants to help, he can talk to the police, not the press.

Any efforts to distance themselves publicly are self serving, and not a benefit to the community.

vCash
    Here's the real reason she did it....

Glenn Beck's Take

He's such a tool....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Here's the real reason she did it....

Glenn Beck's Take

He's such a tool....
    That doesn't even begin to make sense. Which is not surprising.

vCash
    Amy Bishop has just been indicted for her brother's murder.
    A biology professor charged with killing three of her colleagues at an Alabama university has been indicted in the 1986 shooting death of her brother in Massachusetts, prosecutors announced Wednesday.

Authorities had originally ruled that the shooting of Amy Bishop's brother was an accident, but they reopened the case after Bishop was charged in February with gunning down six of her colleagues at the University of Alabama-Huntsville, killing three.

Bishop, 45, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 18-year-old brother, Seth, Norfolk District Attorney William Keating said.

...U.S. Rep. William Delahunt, who was then the Norfolk County district attorney, said that Braintree police never told anyone in his office that after Bishop shot her brother, she tried to commandeer a getaway car at gunpoint at a local car dealership, then refused to drop her gun until officers ordered her to do so repeatedly. Those events were described in Braintree police reports but not in a report written by a state police detective assigned to the district attorney's office.

Investigators looking at an old crime scene photo from her brother's shooting discovered a newspaper article about the 1986 killings of actor Patrick Duffy's parents. The clipping, which was in Bishop's bedroom, described how a teenager shot the "Dallas" star's parents with a 12-gauge shotgun and stole a getaway car from an auto dealership.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100616/...rsity_shooting

Watch me move
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    Amy Bishop has just been indicted for her brother's murder.
    Let's see if Glenn Beck tries to pin that one on her political beliefs. Unfortunately for him Obama wasn't president at the time....
    Who wants to watch rich people eat pizza? They must have loved that in Bangladesh. - Randy Newman on the 2014 Oscars broadcast

vCash
    Well, not surprised. How unfortunate that she wasn't charged and tried right away, could have saved a few lives...
    -Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12