Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Well, first of all, he is not going to work with all promising junior ladies, no, only with Shelepen and Lipnitskaya and maybe some other girls who are not known yet. I don't know about Lipnitskaya, she already has the whole package (except her flutz), but I think that Morozov is what Shelepen might need. She needs some polishing ASAP, Morozov really can do this and I hope he will
    I agree Shelepen could really benefit from working with him.

vCash
    Yeah, Shelepen desperately needs better packaging, so maybe Morozov won't be too bad for that.

vCash
    ALL Eligible US Ladies for JGP Circuit 10-11, (who competed at or qualified for the 2010 US Figure Skating Championships)

Yes there are some obvious ones on here that will certainly not compete on junior.

(S1) R. Flatt (Senior)
    (S2) M. Nagasu ("" "")
    (S5) C. Gao ("" "")
    (S6) A. Dobbs ("" "")
    (S8) A. Gilles ("" "")
    (S11) C. Zhang ("" "")
    (S14) S. Cesario
    (S15) L. Diggs
    (S16) K. Gong
    (S19) C. Sperduto
    (S21) E. Kawamura
    (S22) R. Stern
    (S - Withdrawn) K. Howey
    (S - Withdrawn) A. Maxwell
    (S - Withdrawn) K. Musademba

(J1) A. Zawadzki
    (J2) Y. Siraj
    (J3) L. Davis
    (J4) K. Baga
    (J5) N. Jiang
    (J6) F. Zhang
    (J7) A. Wang
    (J8) V. Lam
    (J9) M. Daniels
    (J10) M. Secundy
    (J11) K. Wyckoff
    (J12) K. McNab
    (J13) H. Dunne

(N2) A. Cain
    (N3) K. Kulgeyko
    (N4) G. Gold
    (N5) C. Hicks
    (N7) R. Kono
    (N8) J. Calalang
    (N9) C. Taylor
    (N10) A. Kimmelman
    (N11) A. Timlen
    (N12) N. Rajic

Phew! So there are the Novice, Junior, and Senior ladies who can compete next year on the JGP. Thoughts on who might be picked?

vCash
    My guesses are Cesario, Zawadzki, Jiang, Siraj & Baga, then maybe someone like Kulgeyko or Wang. I'm guessing Cain & Zhang might stick w/pairs.

vCash
    I've copied the 2 above posts and replied in this earlier thread in the Trash Can:
    GP/Senior B/JGP assignments for US skaters next season

Or feel free to discuss JGP possibilities for ALL countries in this general thread in the JGP forum: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...80#post2738080

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by oubik View Post
    ...if the 14 years minimum for JGP would not be voted at Congress
    Yes, it would be a shame if both Elizaveta and Adelina had to wait one more year.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 04-18-2010 at 09:15 PM.

vCash
    I think: Gao and Dobbs will go to seniors

Baga, Zawadzki, Cesario, Davis, Siraj, Jiang, Wang (or someone else) will compete on JGP.

Maxwell (where she withdrew from nats), Musademba, and Kawamura I think will have to qualify through regionals and sectionals in the coming season, if I had to guess, I don't think they'll get assignments, but I suppose they could.

As for Morozov, he will be working in Moscow so any of the girls from St. Petersburg won't be working with him anyways. That leaves Shelepen, Lepinskaya, Ovcharova, Sotnikova, Birukova, Sheveleva. I agree that Shelepen could do well with him and where Anna and Adelina don't have the best technique they could benefit from Morozov too, though I love those girls unique personalities and spunk on the ice so I hope he wouldn't take that away were he to become their coaches.

Speaking of JGP/SGP what are people thinking about the Russian girls. If I had to predict:

Shelepen will go to seniors.

Tuktamysheva, Sotnikova, Sheveleva, and some other lesser known junior ladies (depending on the girls below) will compete on the JGP.

Agafonova, Ovcharova, Birukova I have no idea. Could compete on either. What do people think these girls will do/has anyone heard anything definitively?

vCash
    It's not like the young Russian skaters are packaged well - even Morozov will be an improvement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    It's not like the young Russian skaters are packaged well - even Morozov will be an improvement.
    Shelepen definitely isn't. I actually think Adelina and Anna are packaged pretty well though - they have very well choreographed programs that play to their strengths and difficult transitions. I don't think Anna would have gotten such as high score for her SP at Junior Worlds if it weren't for her good packaging in that program - it suited her perfectly and had a lot of difficulty and detail.

Where most of Morozov's students are very consistent though (Miki, Oda, Shizuka) it might not be a bad move for Anna or Adelina actually, considering their struggles in the LP this season.

vCash
    Anna is ok. Adelina's programs are neither very bad, nor great.

Pretty much everyone else has absolutely dire programs and needs improvement on some of their basics too.

Lipnitskaya has excellent basics - I think she could really shine under better choreographers. She's still very young, would be great if she could mature into a really interesting skater because she definitely has the potential to.

vCash

Who is packaged well then?
    I agree Shelepen is all about jumps now but what's wrong with the rest? They all have decent SS, spirals, spins (Agafonova's spins are somewhat exceptional), good presentation for their age, jumps. What else the package should include?

In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post

I agree Shelepen is all about jumps now but what's wrong with the rest? They all have decent SS, spirals, spins (Agafonova's spins are somewhat exceptional), good presentation for their age, jumps. What else the package should include?
    I agree, especially considering these girls are all 11 to 13 years old

vCash

Yeah idk, I guess cleaning up the movements. Shelepen definitely looks sloppy at times, mostly in the spins, and she doesn't fill out her choreography as much as she could.

Ovcharova is incredibly musical and expressive but can also be sloppy at points and needs to learn how to control her upper body while jumping, she can be beautiful during portions of her program with her nice spins and spirals and then look a bit spastic at other points, mainly right before she goes into jumps. Her speed and basic skating appear to be pretty good though, especially considering her PCS are always among the highest at her international events.

Adelina is fine, her biggest problem this season was just falling so much, but that's likely due to her growthspurt.

Agafonova also needs to learn how to control her upper body, she really uses it a lot going into her jumps. Spins are excellent but she is a bit slow, though probably just because she is so tiny.

So idk. I guess these girls are fine for juniors but once they move to seniors they might want different choreographers and packaging to compete with the big girls.

vCash
    The funny thing is that the only girl who already worked with Morozov (who choreographed her programs) this season – is Polina Shelepen! Did that help? ... Tutberidze is known as "jumping" coach, so why Shelepen is not filling out Morozov's choreography is a question...
    Lipnitskaya's programms were not really "choreographed" in a proper sense, jumping layout was done by Tutberidze and Liutikov, the choreographer, worked only on step sequences with the girl – it is interesting to see that despite that she looks really convincing on the ice.
    Last edited by tkrm7778; 04-19-2010 at 08:44 PM.

vCash

Do you mean in general or out of skaters around that age?

Ovcharova is a good example of a young skater, who is packaged quite well I guess.

I mean the PCS stuff, not the non jump elements (which aren't really an issue).

Lipnitskaya has good basics all round and could pull off better choreo well, probably.

Sotnikova has quite decent SS but not much else.

Shelepen and Tuktamysheva are all about jumps.

I've seen Agafonova live and her programs were very luckluster too, her skating in general seemed awkward (would have to rewatch the programs for more detailed comments).

They need some polishing but most importantly, they need better choreography, which will make them stand out and give them some style. They are obviously very young and such things usually come with time.

I'm just making an observation that at this point Morozov will most likely be an improvement over the generic choreography most of them have been given to date.

vCash
    But they are all 11-14 y.o.! And some of them are not elidgeble even for junior competitions. Are there any 11-14 y.o. skater in the world who is better than these girls? I don't think so. Or maybe Yu-Na and Mao were more polished at this age? I don't think so too. It will come with time and experience, right now they are all too young and has time to improve (and they work really hard).

Tuktamysheva is all about the jumps? Did you see her? Did you see how much her spins and spirals improved since last year? Her SS, her arms, her presentation, choreography are really good for 13 y.o. girl

vCash
    Are there any 11-14 y.o. skater in the world who is better than these girls? I don't think so.
    Ovcharova is better packaged than most Senior Ladies are.

Yu-Na Kim during her first Junior season already showed an amazing quality on everything.

I guess those are exceptions, but well they show it is possible.

Murakami isn't too bad either, although her programs are a bit bland.

Tuktamysheva is all about the jumps? Did you see her? Did you see how much her spins and spirals improved since last year? Her SS, her arms, her presentation, choreography are really good for 13 y.o. girl
    I have to watch her this year's programs again but I remember being very unimpressed (other than the jumps of course which were incredible) last season.

I know they are all very young, I just have extremely high standards.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 04-19-2010 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    Ovcharova is better packaged than most Senior Ladies are.

Yu-Na Kim during her first Junior season already showed an amazing quality on everything.

I guess those are exceptions, but well they show it is possible.

Murakami isn't too bad either, although her programs are a bit bland.

I have to watch her this year's programs again but I remember being very unimpressed (other than the jumps of course which were incredible) last season.
    Agree about Anna, I thought Rachael Flatt could take a few pointers on how to do a jazz program from watching Anna's SP. However, I don't know how much of that is her coach/choreographer's doing....apparently she is really outgoing and her grandparents are famous actors and she trained in dance for a long time. She might just be naturally really expressive and musical, but clearly her choreographer has figured out how to make that work toward her advantage.

Yuna definitely was well packaged but she was still a bit juniorish and awkward at age 14. Also not the most consistent. Still lovely though, with good basics, as noted by her high PCS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwIBE1AezTA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacRA9DqSo0

Murakami is pretty good, but I feel all her victories on the JGP are more due to her consistency and high PCS rather than anything that really sets her apart. She has good basics, speed, and all around skating but to me nothing about her really stands out yet. She can work on that though.

vCash
    But they are all 11-14 y.o.! And some of them are not elidgeble even for junior competitions. Are there any 11-14 y.o. skater in the world who is better than these girls? I don't think so. Or maybe Yu-Na and Mao were more polished at this age? I don't think so too. It will come with time and experience, right now they are all too young and has time to improve (and they work really hard).

Mao was almost too good at age 14, but in my mind she hasn't really progressed much since then so maybe it's better that these Russian girls still have room to grow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZacRA9DqSo0

vCash
    For lady skaters, I think if they have some amazing results by 17-18, then they have a shot to be at the top, but if not, then I think it is just not meant to be. There are late bloomers but few and also they are usually not the best, even if they are among the top skaters. Those who have the potential to be the best have always shown results since their teens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    For lady skaters, I think if they have some amazing results by 17-18, then they have a shot to be at the top, but if not, then I think it is just not meant to be. There are late bloomers but few and also they are usually not the best, even if they are among the top skaters. Those who have the potential to be the best have always shown results since their teens.
    What about Joannie and Laura?

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast