Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Both of Eliza's parents are reportedly short, so people don't think she's going to be that tall..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Both of Eliza's parents are reportedly short, so people don't think she's going to be that tall..
    Yeah, but that could be an issue too. Elene Gedevanishvilli was really short and tiny at that age and then she didn't get much taller but filled out a lot and her jumps suffered. I remember her at the Olympics in 2006, doing 3f-3t like they were doubles and now she's so tentative with all her jumps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AsmS...eature=related
    I miss this Elene, she was thrilling.

I like Liza though so I hope puberty doesn't ruin her.

vCash
    Aren't those podium pics, where Liza is a step below the other two?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Aren't those podium pics, where Liza is a step below the other two?
    No, in those pics they are all standing on the ice. Liza really is just that little. She might be okay though, but she certainly has a lot of growing ahead of her, I had no idea she was so tiny, she does a good job of looking tall on the ice.

vCash
    Does anyone have a link to a video of Liza doing 3a on the ice? I heard she did it in a competition or at a competition practice, I really want to see it! Bet it's awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to a video of Liza doing 3a on the ice? I heard she did it in a competition or at a competition practice, I really want to see it! Bet it's awesome.
    I heard she did it on practice before her last competition and it was clean, but there is no video She tried it in her FS too, but it was a bad day for her, her axel was only single (and some other jumps too). By the way, Roza Sheveleva did really well there, beat Liza in FS and got bonus points (it means she did clean 3-3 or clean 3Lz and 3F with no edge calls which also impressive), so I think we will see her on the JGP next season

As for Elene, she is from Geogria. Most Georgian girls fill out a lot at this age, so it was predictable. And I don't think it will happen with Liza. Puberty will be the real test, yes, but she has perfect technique and maybe the best coach in the world when it comes to jumps, so I think she will be fine. I'm more worried about Adelina.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    I heard she did it on practice before her last competition and it was clean, but there is no video She tried it in her FS too, but it was a bad day for her, her axel was only single (and some other jumps too). By the way, Roza Sheveleva did really well there, beat Liza in FS and got bonus points (it means she did clean 3-3 or clean 3Lz and 3F with no edge calls which also impressive), so I think we will see her on the JGP next season

As for Elene, she is from Geogria. Most Georgian girls fill out a lot at this age, so it was predictable. And I don't think it will happen with Liza. Puberty will be the real test, yes, but she has perfect technique and maybe the best coach in the world when it comes to jumps, so I think she will be fine. I'm more worried about Adelina.

Yay Roza! She is just the cutest thing ever . Yeah I think she will get JGP assignments, especially if Shelepen and maybe Agafonova/Ovcharova/Birukova move up to the SGP. Anna got JGP assignments this season despite only finishing 16th at the Junior Nationals in 09 because she did well at some local Russian competitions at the end of the year. I agree about Liza, I think she will be ok, it was more just a surprised. I had assumed she was more the same height as Shelepen and Ovcharova but she clearly is not. She might just stay little even when she grows up though.

ITA about Adelina, so sad to see her struggle so much recently , she is so gorgeous out there but she just falls so much. She and Anna both skate at CSKA and neither seem to have ideal technique and both fall a lot, are the coaches at that club not known for teaching good technique to their skaters? Clearly they are good at other things though because Adelina and Anna both have great spins, stretch, and basic skating. Is the club Shelepen and Lipinskaya known to be better? I know that it is in Moscow too, and those girls seem to have better technique on the jumps and fall a lot less. Adelina's issue may just be that she is growing a lot though, so maybe by next season she'll be adjusted at least for awhile and be able to deliver more clean performances.

vCash
    I just came across this picture, seems like Mishin REALLY wants Liza to be the next Irina, and believes she can do it. How cute.

http://photo.fsonline.ru/main.php?g2_itemId=23668

Whoa and Adelina and Alena look like they could be sisters.
    Last edited by pinky166; 04-16-2010 at 11:44 PM.

vCash
    I wonder who the Kevin Reynolds almost look alike is-the blond hair one. But Elizaveta is right in the center! Next big hope for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I wonder who the Kevin Reynolds almost look alike is-the blond hair one. But Elizaveta is right in the center! Next big hope for sure.
    I don't know who it is but he really does look like Reynolds. Haha yeah Liza is front and center! Ksenia and Anna look sassy as usual.

vCash
    Adelina looks a lot taller. No wonder she struggled with her jumps this year. Well, better this one than next.

vCash
    It is Konstantin Menshove. The reason you don't know him is his inconsistency. So, in spite of his Plyshy like age he almost never made a team. This picture is from this year Nationals.

Here is his excellent s.p. He was third after s.p. If only he could often skate like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610omTTYtfA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Adelina looks a lot taller. No wonder she struggled with her jumps this year. Well, better this one than next.
    Yes, Adelina, Polina Shelepen and Anna have all grown quite a bit since last season. In some ways I guess it is lucky Adelina missed the JGP cutoff by one day because that might have been a rough season for her. Hopefully she'll be adjusted by the fall and ready to tear up the JGP like we all know she can!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    It is Konstantin Menshove. The reason you don't know him is his inconsistency. So, in spite of his Plyshy like age he almost never made a team. This picture is from this year Nationals.

Here is his excellent s.p. He was third after s.p. If only he could often skate like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610omTTYtfA
    Thanks for the info-I had only read the name as an alternate this season and didn't know the face.

vCash
    I just came across this picture, seems like Mishin REALLY wants Liza to be the next Irina, and believes she can do it. How cute.
    And this could be a problem Because seems like Vladimir Putin really wants Adelina to be the next Irina
    http://www.bmsi.ru/doc/ca1869f0-cd72...-3b635745992b/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    And this could be a problem Because seems like Vladimir Putin really wants Adelina to be the next Irina
    http://www.bmsi.ru/doc/ca1869f0-cd72...-3b635745992b/
    Wow. The rivalry among the up-and-coming Russian girls is going to be INTENSE - and so fun to watch! Liza and Adelina are very different kinds of skaters though, Liza a technician and Adelina an artist.

vCash
    So does anyone think Morozov will try to become the coach of some of these young wonder girls when he moves to Russia this season? I feel like he will....but I really hope that doesn't happen. I'd hate to see him ruin Adelina or Anna's unique spirits and enthusiasm on the ice.

vCash
    So does anyone think Morozov will try to become the coach of some of these young wonder girls when he moves to Russia this season? I feel like he will....but I really hope that doesn't happen. I'd hate to see him ruin Adelina or Anna's unique spirits and enthusiasm on the ice.
    Hopefully he'll just be their consultant/choreographer and they'll stick to their current coaches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Hopefully he'll just be their consultant/choreographer and they'll stick to their current coaches.
    Let's hope. I've seen way too many skaters be Morozov-ified already, what a shame. Not that he is a bad coach just a little eccentric and his choreography is...interesting

vCash
    Well, first of all, he is not going to work with all promising junior ladies, no, only with Shelepen and Lipnitskaya and maybe some other girls who are not known yet. I don't know about Lipnitskaya, she already has the whole package (except her flutz), but I think that Morozov is what Shelepen might need. She needs some polishing ASAP, Morozov really can do this and I hope he will

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast