Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 356
  1. #321
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Oh ok, that makes sense. I was wondering if she had the same choreographer as Anna because the do the same spiral positions and lovely spread eagles. Which Moscow club is bigger/better - CSKA or SDIUSHIUR 37? I know CSKA is not just for figure skating but many other sports as well.

    Also, according to her wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polina_Shelepen , Polina Shelepen is now 1m66! If that is right, she sure grew a lot this year. If it keeps up, she may become too tall
    CSKA is a bigger club, but kids from SDIUSHOR 37 (it means sport school for children and juniors) have some impressive results too.

    As for Polina, it's wrong. She is about 160 now and not taller. For example, Polina with Alena Leonova (Alena is 159 for sure)
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1468
    Alena is taller, and even if Polina grew a lot since December I doubt she is 166 now.

  2. #322

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,120
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6801
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    CSKA is a bigger club, but kids from SDIUSHOR 37 (it means sport school for children and juniors) have some impressive results too.

    As for Polina, it's wrong. She is about 160 now and not taller. For example, Polina with Alena Leonova (Alena is 159 for sure)
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1468
    Alena is taller, and even if Polina grew a lot since December I doubt she is 166 now.
    Well but maybe Alena was wearing high heels or something like that. As the pic looks like a kind of banquet that's quite likely.

  3. #323
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    CSKA is a bigger club, but kids from SDIUSHOR 37 (it means sport school for children and juniors) have some impressive results too.

    As for Polina, it's wrong. She is about 160 now and not taller. For example, Polina with Alena Leonova (Alena is 159 for sure)
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1468
    Alena is taller, and even if Polina grew a lot since December I doubt she is 166 now.
    Oh thanks for the information on the clubs. Is Eteri Tutberize the only coach at SDIUSHOR 37? If so she does a very good job with her students, Polina S and Julia L are quite impressive.

    Also, Icenetwork says Alena Leonova is 5'5" http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100786&mode=I which is 165-166cm so they look about the same height so it could be right. Plus isn't Anna O 160cm? Polina on the ice always looks much taller than Anna.
    Last edited by pinky166; 06-19-2010 at 02:58 PM.

  4. #324
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Icenetwork says Alena Leonova is 5'5" which is 165-166cm so they look about the same height so it could be right.
    It's wrong. She is 159 for sure. She seems taller, but she is tiny. Look:
    Alena with Yu-Na
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1464
    With Miki
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1462
    And with Ksenia (Ksenia is about 167, but she is much taller than Alena, so Alena can't be 166)
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1466

  5. #325
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    It's wrong. She is 159 for sure. She seems taller, but she is tiny. Look:
    Alena with Yu-Na
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1464
    With Miki
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1462
    And with Ksenia (Ksenia is about 167, but she is much taller than Alena, so Alena can't be 166)
    http://www.alena-leonova.ru/photo/tokio_2009/38-0-1466
    Oh ok. You think icenetwork would be correct though. It also says Elene G is 5'3" though when she's clearly 5'1" or even shorter. Also, some people think Yu-Na has grown and is now 5'6"... But even if that's right, she is still much taller than Alena.

    I didn't know Ksenia was that tall, That must be why she looks so regal and stately on the ice.

    Polina's ISU says 160, but that's from the beginning of the season, so 6 cm is only about 2 or 2.5 inches, at her age, it's possible to grow that much in a year. She might not be a full 166 but maybe close to it.

  6. #326
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Plus isn't Anna O 160cm? Polina on the ice always looks much taller than Anna.
    Maybe a bit taller, but not much
    http://mihsersh.gallery.ru/watch?ph=SBj-b6MYA

  7. #327
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Maybe a bit taller, but not much
    http://mihsersh.gallery.ru/watch?ph=SBj-b6MYA
    Yeah, ok, guess Polina either grew 2 inches in like 3 months (unlikely), or the listing is just inaccurate. That is such a cute picture! Polina A is so cute and tiny, love her !

  8. #328
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://mihsersh.gallery.ru/watch?ph=SBj-b6MXh
    http://mihsersh.gallery.ru/watch?ph=SBj-b6MXn
    http://mihsersh.gallery.ru/watch?ph=SBj-b6MXv

    Anna appears to be working on her Joannie Rochette arms . Jeez, nice muscles for a 13 year old , that girl is jacked .

  9. #329

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,061
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31361
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Oh ok. You think icenetwork would be correct though. It also says Elene G is 5'3" though when she's clearly 5'1" or even shorter. Also, some people think Yu-Na has grown and is now 5'6"... But even if that's right, she is still much taller than Alena.
    .
    Don't trust IceNetwork for facts. Their reporting is terrible. Like, not being able to correctly write the name of JGP competitors terrible. (Seriously, is copy and paste so hard?)

    I think Polina may look taller than what she actually is because of her body type. Long legged and lean.

    And damn, Anna's arms are really buff. I'm jealous.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

  10. #330
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Don't trust IceNetwork for facts. Their reporting is terrible. Like, not being able to correctly write the name of JGP competitors terrible. (Seriously, is copy and paste so hard?)

    I think Polina may look taller than what she actually is because of her body type. Long legged and lean.

    And damn, Anna's arms are really buff. I'm jealous.
    That is annoying that icenetwork is not reliable. It said Amelie Lacoste came in 3rd at Canadian Nationals this year when she actually came in 5th, that Cynthia Phanuef is 5'3" when she's clearly 5'7", and that Yasmin Siraj was born in 0096...

    That's true, Polina is all legs which might make her look taller. Also, http://www.skatingjapan.jp/gpf/image.../jr_ladies.jpg , this picture is from December so she may have grown since then, but she looks about the same height as Christina Gao who is listed as 156cm (she's grown since and was about 160cm when i met her at superstars on ice in May). Polina might end up being 166cm or taller when she's finished growing but she's probably not that tall yet.

    Anna should switch to skate for Canada . I've noticed all the Canadian ladiezz skaters are very buff .

  11. #331
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    82
    Liza!!! Ah! Mao better not to see it!
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Professo...16202774189826
    Last edited by parasolka; 07-03-2010 at 02:21 AM.

  12. #332
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Liza!!! Ah! Mao better not to see it!
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Professo...16202774189826


    Wow!

  13. #333

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    at FSU
    Posts
    3,924
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2790
    Quote Originally Posted by parasolka View Post
    Liza!!! Ah! Mao better not to see it!
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Professo...16202774189826
    Fabulous!
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.


  14. #334

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,251
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2395
    The first comment that came to mind was "but what would the technical caller say?" Technique looks really good.

  15. #335
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    The first comment that came to mind was "but what would the technical caller say?" Technique looks really good.
    Looks good to me, but I'm no expert!

  16. #336

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,251
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2395
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Looks good to me, but I'm no expert!
    Same here-looks good but not an expert and can't play it in slo-mo!

  17. #337

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,061
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    31361
    That looks really good! So light and easy, almost like a double.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

  18. #338
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,962
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    That looks really good! So light and easy, almost like a double.
    looks good to me as well(not an expert, but)... any idea what the music is, it does sound very Egyptian.

  19. #339
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Wow, so easy and really good! Go, Liza!!! Her technique is perfect, bravo, Mishin!

  20. #340

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,017
    vCash
    1561
    Rep Power
    4990
    Not an expert but that jump looked very good, it was very big with a lot of air. This girl could really end up benefiting from the new rules, because she has all of the triples as well, and the ability to do 3/3s. Puberty is an issue of course but it helps that her jumping technique is very good.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •