Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Regardless of how finished any particular skater is and how successful she eventually will be in competition, it's an embarrassment of riches in Russian Ladies skating right now
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Back on topic... it's really great to have so many talented young Russian ladies right now, and I'm fascinated to see which ones will end up being the main contendors for Sochi.
    Probably most of them, those Russian coaches are intense and most of the young skaters appear to be intense as well. In the US and Japan there are always a lot of talented skaters who maintain a very high level of skating once they are older, I see the same happening with Russia in the ladies field. Puberty, injuries, or lack of interest will likely knock out a few girls, but there are just so many of them right now that I assume quite a few will continue to be competitive internationally on the senior stage.

vCash
    Have you guys seen this kid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-56G___FfSI Her name is Elena Radinova and she's only 10 !
    She's cute as a button and really good considering her age, I mean honestly she's like Mao level when Mao was 10. Also, not only can she jump but she has good musicality and interpretation for such a young girl.

vCash
    Yeah, Radionova has been on the scene for a whole now, and she's been winning pretty much everything in her age category. She was born in 1999 and has a 3T, 3S, 3Lo & 3Lz. She's also attempted a 3T+3T.

I think she might be the most talented of all of them. Her musicality and energy are awesome.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Yeah, Radionova has been on the scene for a whole now, and she's been winning pretty much everything in her age category. She was born in 1999 and has a 3T, 3S, 3Lo & 3Lz. She's also attempted a 3T+3T.

I think she might be the most talented of all of them. Her musicality and energy are awesome.
    Oh wow, I didn't know all that, good for her. Her energy and musicality remind me of Anna Ovcharova's, but her jump technique is better. She's adorable, shame she won't be old enough for Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    at the thought of someone being born in 1999 and doing triple-triples. I feel old.

vCash
    Well, Plushenko appears to be a fan of her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jol5p...eature=related which is probably a good sign

vCash
    What is really incredible about Radionova is how mature and musical she is for that age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    What is really incredible about Radionova is how mature and musical she is for that age.
    I know! When does she turn 11?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I know! When does she turn 11?
    Already 11. Her birthday is in January. I fist saw her about a year or two ago and was impressed, she was about 9 y.o. and did triples!

vCash
    You know, everytime I open this thread I am happy and my heart bleeds a little bit at the same time knowing that a lot of these amazing skaters will never be even at a World Championship or win a medal there, even though they all have the potential to do so.

It would be so great if we had a few experts on the Japanese scene as well who could fill a similar thread with the Japanese girls as there are a lot of special juniors as well.

vCash
    Here is Lena's these season SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cb5Z...layer_embedded very beautiful

She reminds me of Anna O., too. So cute girl.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    You know, everytime I open this thread I am happy and my heart bleeds a little bit at the same time knowing that a lot of these amazing skaters will never be even at a World Championship or win a medal there, even though they all have the potential to do so.
    That's why we fans need to appreciate all these young talents here and now because you never know what the future will bring and when skaters will peak.

It would be so great if we had a few experts on the Japanese scene as well who could fill a similar thread with the Japanese girls as there are a lot of special juniors as well.
    I've bumped up a thread for you : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72997
    (there don't seem to be that many recent videos available right now but hopefully that will change as the season starts)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-18-2010 at 01:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post

Maybe they can switch to represent different countries? Like maybe Canada, who could really use all these talented female skaters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Here is Lena's these season SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cb5Z...layer_embedded very beautiful

She reminds me of Anna O., too. So cute girl.
    I love her arms! So expressive

Also is she a Moscow or St. Pete girl? Who is her coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    That's why I personally prefer not to declare anyone to be "poised to be the the next big star" -- I'd rather let their skating and results over time do the talking.
    Oh, walk on the wild side, Sylvia. I think most saw Nagasu's greatness at junior sectionals in 1997. Some even dared post here that she could beat Zhang, which she ended up doing. You can spot a diamond in coal.

As for the russians, I'm just going to wait a year and see. I was a BIG BIG fan of Pingacheva and she skated into obscurity despite her impeccable technique.

vCash
    Also is she a Moscow or St. Pete girl? Who is her coach?
    Lena is from Moscow (CSKA club, like Anna, Adelina and Kristina Zaseeva), her coach is Inna Goncharenko (she works with kids most, so she is not that well known)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Lena is from Moscow (CSKA club, like Anna, Adelina and Kristina Zaseeva), her coach is Inna Goncharenko (she works with kids most, so she is not that well known)
    Oh ok, that makes sense. I was wondering if she had the same choreographer as Anna because the do the same spiral positions and lovely spread eagles. Which Moscow club is bigger/better - CSKA or SDIUSHIUR 37? I know CSKA is not just for figure skating but many other sports as well.

Also, according to her wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polina_Shelepen , Polina Shelepen is now 1m66! If that is right, she sure grew a lot this year. If it keeps up, she may become too tall

vCash
    Also, according to her wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polina_Shelepen , Polina Shelepen is now 1m66! If that is right, she sure grew a lot this year. If it keeps up, she may become too tall

She's almost as tall as Carolina and Candice Didier!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post

She's almost as tall as Carolina and Candice Didier!
    Yup. I could pretty much predict that was going to happen, judging from her very looonngg legs. Shame she didn't go into ballet, she has the perfect body.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast