Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 356
  1. #261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Oh, wow, this girl is really good too! She is about 9-10 years old, right? As well as Katya Visotina. I think we can expect to see more impressive young skaters in the next few years when girls like them will learn triples. Last year Lipnitskaya also had only doubles.



    It's hard to tell now if they will grow a lot or not. For example, my friend was about 160 cm (yes, it's like 5'3"), 10 cm taller than me, when we both were 13-14 y.o. And now, almost 10 years later, we are the same height, 163-165 cm.
    Holy! That girl is amazing! This is just ridiculous.

    As for the height issue, mostly it depends on when the girls go through puberty. It looks like Shelepen and Sotnikova have not hit puberty yet, meaning they very well could grow quite a bit taller. Anna maybe will not grow as much as the other two as she looks physically more mature, but she is also very young which means she could continue to grow quite a bit too. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the Russian coaches look very tall, and this may be part of the reason why Russians dominate on the junior ranks and then tend to dissappear once they become senior.

  2. #262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    11,180
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I am not sure if someone has mentioned it up-thread, but I wonder if, just because there are so many amazing Russian girls now, they will all try to peak early in the season to make JGPF to differentiate themselves and get the Russian Fed/ judges on their sides. And then of course the most important month is December with JGPF and Russian Nationals. One has to wonder if they would still have it in them by Junior Worlds in March/ April.

    This problem will turn senior as the skaters do as well when we approach Sochi.

  3. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    338
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I don't know her age but I don't think she will get JGP assignments as she was only 12th at junior nationals and Russia already appears to have a very crowded JGP ladies team for next season.
    Russia not strict like USA. Anna Ovcharova last year 16th at the RJNC. but she did JGP. she placed 5th at the Hungary but get the second assignment.

    Russian Federation need a strategy about this. last year Sofia Biryukova win a silver but didn't get any other JGP.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrm7778 View Post
    Kachalina is born 8 July 1996, so 13 y. o. now. She is also from the Mishin's group.
    Thanks. i think she has a chance to get JGP assignments.

  4. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    last year Sofia Biryukova win a silver but didn't get any other JGP.
    She didn't get the second assignment because she took part in the last JGP in Istanbul. Nobody was ready for her silver because her previous season wasn't great. She actually got that JPG spot only due to her good results on some Moscow competitions that fall.

  5. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    She didn't get the second assignment because she took part in the last JGP in Istanbul. Nobody was ready for her silver because her previous season wasn't great. She actually got that JPG spot only due to her good results on some Moscow competitions that fall.
    Oh ok. I know Anna got JGP assignments despite being 16th at RJNC because she was 2nd at crystal skate that spring and did well at some local competitions as well. Roza got two JGP assignments and didn't even compete at RJNC last year but she was 3rd at crystal skate and also did well at some local competitions. Last year though Russia didn't have that many skaters who were old enough for JGP and that's why skaters like Roza and Anna got to go, and even earned 2nd events despite placing 6th and 5th at their first events.

  6. #266
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I also like this girl, Polina Korobeinikova.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4VjX88ByGY
    She doesn't have 3Lz and 3F yet, but she is only 14 and has time to learn it, and she already has 2A-3T combo. I'm a huge fan of her coach, Victoria Volchkova (she also coaches Sofya Biryukova). I like the way she works with her girls, they all have nice lines, arms, musicality and their jumps are good too.

  7. #267

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Cuddling the sheep smilie
    Posts
    8,988
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    6655
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post

    It's hard to tell now if they will grow a lot or not. For example, my friend was about 160 cm (yes, it's like 5'3"), 10 cm taller than me, when we both were 13-14 y.o. And now, almost 10 years later, we are the same height, 163-165 cm.
    ITA. In fact 13/14 is a perfectly normal age for a girl to stop growing. I stopped at 12. I'm always amused by speculation that skaters of 15 are still likely to grow masses. They are more than likely finished, or nearly finished, already.

  8. #268
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by millyskate View Post
    ITA. In fact 13/14 is a perfectly normal age for a girl to stop growing. I stopped at 12. I'm always amused by speculation that skaters of 15 are still likely to grow masses. They are more than likely finished, or nearly finished, already.
    Maybe. Mirai was 4'11" at age 14 though and is now 5'4", and actually she's been that height for awhile, she grew 5 inches in about a year when she was 15. Caroline Zhang did the same thing, and I want to say Yuna and Mao were pretty short at 14 too and have grown a good 3-4 inches since. It's hard to tell though, they might grow a lot more or they may hardly grow any more at all. Time will tell.

    My goodness though I was looking at these pictures from the JGPF and Anna looks SO strong, clearly the most muscular of all the junior ladies, she is made of steel! I think we'll be seeing a lot of her, with muscles like that she's bound to keep that good spring to her jumps she has now.
    http://eurasia-sports.net/Figure/09-gpf-jr.html
    Last edited by pinky166; 05-07-2010 at 02:40 AM.

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    I also like this girl, Polina Korobeinikova.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4VjX88ByGY
    She doesn't have 3Lz and 3F yet, but she is only 14 and has time to learn it, and she already has 2A-3T combo. I'm a huge fan of her coach, Victoria Volchkova (she also coaches Sofya Biryukova). I like the way she works with her girls, they all have nice lines, arms, musicality and their jumps are good too.
    A propos of this club ("Moskvich") where Sofya Biryukova, Polina Korobeinikova, Anna Shershak are training with Volchkova – the rumours are currently saying that Morozov is coming there as a coach. The rest is currently unclear – I don't know if he will form his own group, but at least "Moskvich" seems to be his future ice rink. He will probably work as a consultant for other girls, training in other clubs, but I think most are likely to stay with their current coaches.

  10. #270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrm7778 View Post
    A propos of this club ("Moskvich") where Sofya Biryukova, Polina Korobeinikova, Anna Shershak are training with Volchkova – the rumours are currently saying that Morozov is coming there as a coach. The rest is currently unclear – I don't know if he will form his own group, but at least "Moskvich" seems to be his future ice rink. He will probably work as a consultant for other girls, training in other clubs, but I think most are likely to stay with their current coaches.
    That will sure be interesting. But actually, Morozov could be good for Birukova who seems to have a lot of talent but not the best packaging.

  11. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    982
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think her package is good but she has huge problems with consistency.

  12. #272

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    FSU Witness Protection Program
    Age
    26
    Posts
    28,062
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34762
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    I think her package is good but she has huge problems with consistency.
    Agreed.
    Adelina Sotnikova is the 2014 Olympic champion!

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    I think her package is good but she has huge problems with consistency.
    I liked her SP this season but her LP was rather bland and messy IMO. A coach like Morozov could help her become competitive for edging out Leonova to make the world team. If she can improve her consistency, I think Sofya beating Alena at nationals is plausible.

  14. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I just created this montage with 14 of those young skaters !
    here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJp3QQyQaDg
    What are your feedbacks?

  15. #275

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,292
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3358
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    I just created this montage with 14 of those young skaters !
    here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJp3QQyQaDg
    What are your feedbacks?
    That's really good!

  16. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    That's really good!
    thanks a lot !

  17. #277
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    I just created this montage with 14 of those young skaters !
    here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJp3QQyQaDg
    What are your feedbacks?
    Wow, good job! I like it very much!
    To see them all at the same video is really impressive! I hope they will continue to improve!

  18. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,234
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bibi View Post
    I just created this montage with 14 of those young skaters !
    here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJp3QQyQaDg
    What are your feedbacks?
    Oh wow I really liked that! Good job. 14 skaters wow, and all of them so good. It would be hard to find that many female skaters in the US that are as good as all those Russian girls!

  19. #279

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    269
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    148
    Thank you so much, bibi!

    I just noticed that Polina Agafonova's jump skill is super.
    (I knew she can do 3Lz-3T but I used to focus on her beautiful spin).

  20. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    272
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    thanks everyone !

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •