Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Colby just seems miserable - I think at this point he's regretting doing this.
    Yeah, he seems really down in his clip--and what he says about their downward spiral dovetails with what Jerri says about it, which is interesting. Jerri seems to have a pretty good grasp of what's going on with the Heroes.

There's an interview with Jerri and Colby on TVGuide.com and from watching it, Colby seems to still be unhappy about his experiences on the Heroes tribe. He and Jerri see much more at ease with each other than in the past, though.

Candice was in on the vote all along, wasn't she? She argued about it, but Candice isn't stupid and she can add--and the fact that she was arguing with Rupert and Amanda would indicate to me that she's been clued in all along.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    I have to think that he's going with Amanda/James/Rupert on the assumption that they have friends on the other tribe . . . . I wonder if JT is also hoping to work with Coach and Tyson on the other side.
    According to Tom, it's Courtney. I had forgotten this, but Courtney is dating JT's good friend and runnerup, Stephen, and Tom says in interviews that JT and Courtney were known to have an alliance in place.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Well, I understand the reasoning in voting out Tom, but I just think they're being STUPID. There's no guarantee the tribes will merge soon and if they keep losing it could end up being only one of them that makes it through. Remember Stephenie being the last survivor of her tribe? I just find James to be really annoying this season and with his injury I, too, thought they should have voted him out. Oh well. I can't see the Heros winning any challenges unless there's one that's more mental than physical. Oh, wait, they can't win the puzzle challenges either.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    According to Tom, it's Courtney. I had forgotten this, but Courtney is dating JT's good friend and runnerup, Stephen, and Tom says in interviews that JT and Courtney were known to have an alliance in place.
    That is VERY interesting. If Tom knew, I have to think there are other cast members who know too.

And Courtney already played with Amanda and James - that's could be a very tight group indeed. And they have super loyal Rupert too.

Going into a merge with a block of five is a very good position to be in, because unless everyone else is very organized, they could make all the difference.

Getting rid of Tom and keeping James is looking better and better IMO.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    That is VERY interesting. If Tom knew, I have to think there are other cast members who know too.
    It's no secret that JT and Stephen are still tight and that Courtney and Stephen have been dating for a while, so it may be that Tom "knew" there was an alliance because everyone assumed there was one.

So I would expect that in this case, everyone "knows" there's an alliance whether there is one or not.

And that could make for some interesting game decisions as things go on.

vCash
    While I have never been a fan of James, I would want to take him to the finals. At the first hint of criticism from the jury, he would flip out.

Rupert "If we were voting people out based on their running ability, it would be me." Yes please.

Villians > Heroes in every way. Other than Colby, I can't wait for all of the Heroes to be voted off.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    EW interview with Tom post-boot
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/03/12/su...-james-rupert/

I thought this was an interesting strategy:
    I knew I had to get Rupert over, too, and I tried to appeal to him flat-out, “Is this really okay with you? Do you realize how you’re going to be portrayed? You’re just getting walked around this game by Amanda Kimmel! Is that okay with you?”
    too bad it didn't work.

Honestly, I think Tom's inexperience with being on a tribe that loses immunity hurt him here, because he really didn't have to deal much with alliances and backstabbing until it was an individual game, and by that time his alliance was really cemented.

Also liked this about the Heroes' inability to win puzzles:
    I don’t think so. Listen, if you give us 100 puzzles, they’ll beat us every time. And I don’t know if they as a group are better at puzzles or they just have one person who does puzzles very well, and that’s Boston Rob. I’m loving watching him this season. It’s just been a great ride, and single-handedly he’s just thumping us out there with those puzzles. It’s like, okay, enough with the puzzles. I’m surprised with the sumo wrestling that the rule wasn’t to knock somebody in the water and then assemble the Rubik’s Cube!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I thought this was an interesting strategy:

too bad it didn't work.
    If you watch the Insider clips, you can watch Tom working Rupert. Rupert just stares and doesn't say anything.

Tom's Day After video might interest you, too, because he talks about how he didn't handle the social game as well as he should have because he had never had to before--just as you said, he wasn't used to being on a losing tribe and learned too little too late about how the game had to be played in that situation.

There's a spoiler about Rupert (it really doesn't affect gameplay at all, but I'll still tag it)

Spoiler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    So I would expect that in this case, everyone "knows" there's an alliance whether there is one or not.

And that could make for some interesting game decisions as things go on.
    I think that is why this season has been so great and cool blindsides so early. Compared to other all stars, this one seems to have so much more going on. Love reading stuff as it fills in the blanks and helps understand the various relationships.
    Also agree with posts about Tom - and being on a losing tribe this time.
    The dynamics are great.
    Heroes tribe is not blahh to me, except maybe JT if he can make it, the others, hope they go home soon.

Hope Boston Rob wins, or least makes it to the end, I just find him so entertaining. Not liking Russel this season compared to last, not sure why.
    Coach kneeling to Russell - so funny. I do not like Coach, but he so provides such great tv.

vCash
    This season becomes more and more baffling to me. If the fact that James being injured wasn't enough to get him voted out, I don't understand why they didn't use the same logic and get rid of JT. After all, he was, and still is, the most untrustworthy "hero" in the tribe at this point. Everyone else has pretty obvious alliances (except for Candice, who is just trying to stay with the majority and isn't making any decisions on her own at this point). James, who I loved in previous seasons, but is making a serious play for one of my least favorite players, is obvious about what he's doing and how he's going to do it. I've never been a fan of Tom (or Colby, either), but the same can be said about both of them. If JT's not helping them win, he's contributing to the loss, and just as expendable as anyone else.

I'm enjoying watching Boston Rob, but I don't want him to run away with this thing. It's looking like that's how things are headed. I hope that we get to see some Russell/Rob drama before one of them gets eliminated. I don't know why I suspect that Rob is going to be the biggest blindside ever, but I just can't believe he's going to continue to merrily roll along as he has been. The villains have got to know he's the biggest threat in the entire game and has to be eliminated yesterday or they won't ever get rid of him. Hopefully, the hero-worship isn't as deep as it appears and the tribe is waiting on someone to be ballsy enough to mention it first. We all know who that is already, though, right?? Waiting on a merge to get rid of Rob is suicide--he'll win most of the individual challenges and that will be the beginning of the end.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I am now fully rooting for the Villians to win every challenge until the merge, and then take all the individual immunity, because the Heros are just stoopid stoopid stoopid!! How do you not get rid of an injured player who can barely walk?! Maybe they would still lose since they are not working together well, but they have just disadvantaged themselves even more. I hope the next two reward and immunity challenges are all physical, tough, running challenges that James cannot possibly coast thru and they lose miserably due to James inability to compete.

But that's just me .....

And I hope the Villians (aka Rob) are smart enough to figure out how to force Russell out without playing the immunity idol. I would LOVE that. They (aka Rob) needs to convince enough people to vote for Russell while keeping it absolutely secret so Russell feels safe in not playing the Idol, but then gets the boot still holding it. I would LOVE that.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    What the feck just happened!!!!! Idiots Idiots IDIOTS!!!!! Rob had it all figured out you bonehead!! Tyson is the biggest fecking idiot to ever play this game! I always thought he was a moron anyway, this does nothing to disprove my belief. Serves him right it was HIM who got booted for his own stupidity.
    Last edited by BaileyCatts; 03-25-2010 at 02:39 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Russell played that balls out, damn that was good
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Tyson is an IDIOT --- grrrr.... I can't believe he feel for Russell's little speech. Brilliant on Russell's part!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Tyson must have been afraid that a few more people were going to vote for him, and wanted to be sure it wasn't going to go to a revote. No one would ever give away the idol in that situation.

Except RUSSEL.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    That was a great move on Russell's part!
    Last edited by purple skates; 03-25-2010 at 02:56 AM. Reason: I was L deprived.

vCash
    What a burn on Tyson. Believing Russell? He deserved to go.

in my underground bunker plotting your downfall
    vCash
    Russell!

I laughed so hard at the look on Rob's face. I hope Russell can stay in the game for a long time if only to annoy his tribe mates.
    When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."
    Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

vCash
    What a fecking hilarious outcome. Tyson did it to himself. Love Rob, liking Russel, but not as much as last season, totally rooting for Rob. But too funny, Rob was so right, and now it is 5-3 if the alliances hold. Rob probably has 3 folks with the 4th being Coach. Coach is such a wild card and I do not trust, but is so entertaining.
    I so agree, Heroes, please go bye bye (except maybe JT).
    Would love Rob to win, but the Rob v Russell is too funny. Others can let them take all the attention and take each other out and someone else like Sandra or Jerri could win.
    Love Sandra and how she has no filter and speaks the truth.
    Love James comment about learning about 'banana etiquette'. James and Amanda's relationship is cute, but now I hope she is gone. At least James tonight showed some of what I had liked about him in previous seasons, as I did not like him this season.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    ^^^^^^^What EVERYONE above said! I love Rob, he's my fave, but he was totally OWNED by Russell tonight! Damn that was good! James going was just icing on the cake. And yes, poetic justice that it was Tyson who was tossed! Wheeeeeee!!!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast