Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    oohh. okay. I just had it wrong then. Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    ...which I thought was a very good plan. How did it get screwed up?
    Cirie's alliance counted on JT's vote, who dissented from the group and voted for Cirie. Never liked the guy since his Jedi powers compelled sweet, beautiful, and not so bright Branden to leave all strategy aside and help JT win the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
    Cirie's alliance counted on JT's vote, who dissented from the group and voted for Cirie. Never liked the guy since his Jedi powers compelled sweet, beautiful, and not so bright Branden to leave all strategy aside and help JT win the game.
    Thanks.
    I guess I'm not the only one who thinks JT is over-rated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Thanks.
    I guess I'm not the only one who thinks JT is over-rated.
    Nope, I never got the love the first time around and I don't get it now.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I think JT is a very good player but I don't find him anywhere near as likeable asthe other players in the game seem to...but this move made me like him more than I did previously.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    One of the reasons I think that JT decided to get rid of Cirie is that like some of you, she wasn't under his spell. He realized that on his tribe, she's his greatest rival in the social game - too bad she didn't realize the same thing.

I think JT and Parvati are going to dislike each other.

vCash
    just saw the preview ad for this week's ep...would LOVE for Russell to take Boston Rob out, but I don't think it's gonna happen. And I never like anyone to go out with an injury, but seeing LIVIDmanda whining "if he leaves, what am I gonna dooooooooooooooo " is making me hope...
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    JT, what are you thinking, keeping James and his bad knee? Your numbers will only make it to the merge if you win some challenges, and even then--you can't count on flipping the Villians just because that scheme worked once, especially since EVERYONE on your own tribe no longer trusts you and the Villians aren't nearly as easy to manipulate as those people in Toncantins. Just last week, you were saying you couldn't trust Cirie because the other tribe was full of known flip floppers and um, hello? And Coach is the only Villain who would go for the "JT is just such a good guy he should win" ploy and he's not playing the same game, either. The rest of them are more likely to boot you BECAUSE they like you.

Yeah, James, I believe you when you say you will still be cool with anyone who votes you out, even though you are rolling your demented eyes at the time.

LOL at Jerri making the winning basket; that girl is a chocolate nut. I could clearly see her rolling around on the beach in Australia with Amber, going on about chocolate while Colby snarked that he "ain't no chocolate bar."

Hmm, what else? Oh, yeah, Coach. Good lord. He let Russell knight him. And wheeee for Parvati--"I don't ride anyone's coat tails."

Will the big Russell-Boston Rob showdown go down next week? Wheeeee!
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Is it next week? I thought they were going on their March Madness break - or maybe next week we just get Survivor on a different night?

JT he just undid all my goodwill from last week and then some. Why on earth would he keep James over Tom? And why is no one concerned about the James/Amanda alliance?

Jerri is one tough cookie. I was convinced her nose was broken after Rupert slammed her into that post ("I didn't mean for THAT to happen "), and she just stood up and brushed it off with a Whatever, dude.

I often gloss over the reward locations, but that was truly stunning.

vCash
    HELLO. What a tribe of dummies!

ETA: Genevieve, the next new episode will be on Wednesday in two weeks (the 24th). As much as I love NCAA basketball, I don't want to wait that long for a new episode!
    Last edited by Fridge_Break; 03-12-2010 at 07:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    JT he just undid all my goodwill from last week and then some. Why on earth would he keep James over Tom? And why is no one concerned about the James/Amanda alliance?
    If JT wins this season, it's going to take a miracle, or some mega effective brainwashing from him. He's seen as untrustworthy and is not an ideal alliance member except to take to the final 2, but even then you worry if he will stab you in the back. Even strategy-less Amanda sees his shifty ways. She rode Cirie's tail and now is riding James' (this sounds funner than it actually its Wheee!). As soon as James is voted off, she'll find somebody else to get behind so I don't think anybody needs to worry about their alliance as I doubt it will get past the merge.

vCash
    Russel HAS to win. NA !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I often gloss over the reward locations, but that was truly stunning.
    Yes, that was an AMAZING swimming pool, wasn't it?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Yeah, JT is sure skating on thin ice right now. I was so looking forward to his spinning the tribe about the Cirie vote when they got back, and he did a decent job, but not with this crowd. One of the WORST things you can do is be unpredictable in this game, which is why I think he voted out Tom and not James.

I have to think that he's going with Amanda/James/Rupert on the assumption that they have friends on the other tribe (Parvati/Courtney/maybe Sandra for Rupert, outside shot I know), whereas Tom/Colby/Candice have no one. He must also think he can sway Candice, which I think he can (note that Candice voted out Tom). Colby is alone now.

In other words, I think it had nothing to do with the strength of the team, because they haven't been winning anyway, so why keep up that way of thinking, and why not move ahead to strategy?

I wonder if JT is also hoping to work with Coach and Tyson on the other side.

Also, isn't there some connection outside the game between JT, James and Russell? That might be coming into play as well.

for the impending Russell vs Rob Battle! "He's not playing with amateurs anymore."

And seriously, does Rob kill at this game or what? He builds fire without flint, he runs the camp, and he leads the win at every challenge - physical and mental.

Russell is playing it stupid I have to say. Not participating in the beach meditation was such a silly mistake, especially when they all knew what he was doing. How can he think that idol is going to help him when they all know he has it? It buys him three more days, that is all.

I also thought targeting Coach was stupid when he's so obviously worshiping Rob. But then again, knighting him seemed to bring it in hook line and sinker, so maybe Russell is reading him better than I am.

Moment when Russell's wife whacked him on the couch last night as they watched the show: Parvati wearing Russell's hat at the chocolate reward.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    HELLO. What a tribe of dummies!
    That's exactly what I thought! Voting along alliance lines when your tribe keeps LOSING (instead of voting out the person least likely to help you win challenges) is just STOOPID. This tribe is going from hero to zero very, very quickly.

J.T. isn't too bright. He should have just told Rupert and Amanda, "James is injured badly enough that he can barely walk...tonight we vote him out and then next week, we vote with Candace to vote out Tom". I've never thought J.T. was as bright as others have...

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Russell is playing it stupid I have to say. Not participating in the beach meditation was such a silly mistake, especially when they all knew what he was doing. How can he think that idol is going to help him when they all know he has it? It buys him three more days, that is all.
    Russell will play the idol next tribal council and the person he wants gone will be gone. The next day, Russell will find the new immunity idol, which he will play at the following tribal where the next person he wants gone will leave. Repeat and serve.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Russell will play the idol next tribal council and the person he wants gone will be gone. The next day, Russell will find the new immunity idol, which he will play at the following tribal where the next person he wants gone will leave. Repeat and serve.
    Not so fast - if everyone knows he has an idol and plans to play it, all they need to do is either a) make him think he's getting the most votes so he'll play it, when in fact someone else is targeted or b) ensure that another target has more votes than Russell can scrounge up for Rob.

Turning people against Rob is going to be difficult as long as there are two tribes - he's an asset at camp, and the biggest reason they keep winning challenges.

Mind you, it's possible that Parvati already has Danielle in her court (royal reference, not tennis, ), but I can't see them getting Jerri or Sandra. Courtney seems more the type to stick with the guys, and I also don't see her falling under Parvati's spell. Tyson might want to make a move on Rob, but I suspect he'd rather wait until after a merge, plus he'll want to keep at least one person ahead of himself on the boot list.

Coach may have been honoured by Russell, but he still worships Rob.

Here's how I think it could work: Russell, Parvati and one other person vote for Rob, while the rest of them split their votes 3-3 between Russell and Parvati. Either Russell or Parvati plays the Idol, and we now have a tie between Rob and one of them, and a revote. Rob gets three votes, Russell or Parvati get 6, case closed.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    J.T. isn't too bright. He should have just told Rupert and Amanda, "James is injured badly enough that he can barely walk...tonight we vote him out and then next week, we vote with Candace to vote out Tom". I've never thought J.T. was as bright as others have...
    There's an Insider video of JT talking about his vote, and he said pretty much what Jenny said--that they weren't winning anyway, so Tom wasn't much of an asset in challenges, and James was a sure vote, while Tom wasn't. When he voted for Tom, he said he thought Tom was a great guy, but there were too many leaders in camp.

I got the distinct impression from the Insider videos that Tom was a source of some friction in the camp; he really doesn't like James or Rupert, and Rupert doesn't much like Tom, either.

Mind you, it's possible that Parvati already has Danielle in her court (royal reference, not tennis, ), but I can't see them getting Jerri or Sandra.
    I can see Jerri turning on Rob. She was REALLY pissed at him in last week's Insider vids and she owes him one for Lex on the first ASS. Hard to say what Courtney might do; every now and then, a pale wraith crosses the screen and I remember that she's there. Same with Danielle--she is the Brett of this season.

Coach may have been honoured by Russell, but he still worships Rob.
    Yeah, but Rob isn't doing much to make Coach feel valued, and I think that, combined with Coach thinking that his word means something, might work against Rob there. Coach wants to be Rob's new Amber*, but he clearly isn't.

*There's a pretty funny Insider vid of Tyson talking about how Rob had told him that he was Rob's new Amber. Then it turned out that Rob had also told Jerri that she was his new Amber. Tyson thinks maybe he shouldn't ask Rob about that quite yet because their relationship is still pretty new and he isn't sure Rob's feelings for him are deep enough for that kind of open, honest discussion .

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Indeed, it did seem like Tom and Stephenie before him were just rubbing people the wrong way all over the place, and that shadow is on Colby now too. I don't quite understand why Amanda and James are loyal to Rupert, but then again, some people seem to like the guy and it worked for him in the first All Stars with whatsherface.

Also glad to hear that I'm thinking the same way as my JT

Good point about Jerri and Rob - at the same time, she sees what Parvati's all about and while she might be willing to work with her, I don't think she will want to risk/be seen as following her. Jerri really seems to have grown up and evolved since we last saw her, so I can see her making decisions that are thoughtful and strategic, as opposed to based on vengeance for Lex or high school-type drama. Definitely someone I'm watching this season.

And yes the Coach thing is worth considering further. As it was happening, I'm yelling out "stupid, he worships Rob!" while hubby is saying, "but Russell's playing right into his values, and that's what matters to him most." Rob is a smart player as we all know, but if he has a weakness it might be in reading other people - Russell OTOH is pretty good at it, and seems to be speaking Coach's language.

I'm also interested to know how much influence Tyson has over Coach as a third factor in this. Tyson knows how to play Coach, and I think since Brazil he's likely done a lot of honest introspection and game analysis on where he went wrong. My bet is he knows exactly what he's doing, is loving the Russell/Rob rivalry and is making full use of his prior relationship with Coach. I wonder what his plan is in regards to JT - old friend, or boot priority #1? Maybe both.

It would be great to find out that Tyson is also working Danielle and Courtney - and that aside from Sandra, the tribe loyalty toward Rob has more to do with Tyson than we or Rob think.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Just watched a couple of the vids - JT made another point that I think it quite smart. They're losing anyway, so will likely go into the merge the weaker tribe, so he wants a strong 4. If he had gone with Tom and Colby, and Candice had gone along with it, that's not a strong 4 at all, IMO. They were already suspicious of JT, and Candice is clearly a free agent. The smart players on the other side would have split them up easily I think, but will have a much harder time breaking James/Amanda, and the extremely loyal Rupert. Plus, as I mentioned before, I think this alliance has a better shot of gaining strength from friends among the Villains.

I was interested in Candice's vote so I also watched the TC voting. JT was actually really hesitant and said nice things about Tom, and Candice, who did not hesitate, was pissed she had to make that vote as it really should have been James in her opinion.

So two things from that - even if JT had voted to keep Tom, Candice's vote would have sent him home anyway - but since Jeff doesn't reveal the total, it's possible no one realizes what she did. Second thing is, who tipped off Candice, and how was she so sure of JT's vote? Might be nothing, but might also show that someone is working on her, and I think it's JT.

Also watched one of Jerri where she talked about watching the other tribe lose. She said she knows Colby and Rupert and she can see on their faces how much losing is killing them. Then she said that she sees the same thing tenfold on JT's face. I don't know if she's right there (JT likes to win clearly, but I think he has greater priorities in this game than that), but she's keeping an eye on people and I like that.

Colby just seems miserable - I think at this point he's regretting doing this.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Third post in a row I know - obviously I am not working too hard this afternoon

Thought this was interesting in the bios - each player lists their most respected player, and least respected:

• Amanda and James said each other - there's a bond that will not be broken apparently
    • Candice, Coach and Colby all said Tom - if Coach had been on the Heroes tribe, what a difference that might have made!
    • Danielle says Parvati, and her least respected is Russell (only person who named someone playing now) - wonder what she's thinking now that they have teamed up??
    • Sandra said no comment, Russell said he respects no one, JT said himself as he was proud of what he accomplished, and Tyson also said himself, because well he's Tyson
    • Rounding it out - Courtney said Yau-Man, Jerri said Ethan, Parvati said Cirie (too bad about that), Rupert said Rudy, and of course Rob said Amber

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast