Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Like many people here, I'm loving the Villains! Boston Rob has really grown on me over the years...hated him in Marquesas, grew to appreciate him in All-Stars and really liked him on TAR, and he totally kicked some ass last night. Loved him blaming his incident on "crybaby-itis", but based on Jeff's comments in his blog, the situation was quite serious and Rob was anything but a crybaby. Great work at the challenge once again.

On the Heroes tribe, I think that Tom and Colby made a strategic mistake by targetting Amanda...if they really wanted to get Cirie on their side, Amanda was not the person to target. I really wish they would have voted James off...between the comments following the IC and the previews for next week, he is turning out to be a disruptive influence on his tribe (similar to Ben last time). When someone is difficult like that, I don't care how strong they are, the tribe is usually better off without them. I didn't like James on his original season, and have never understood the love he's gotten, but I had no idea he was this much of a douche.

vCash
    Great season so far. Finally watched the episode this morning.

Jenny - agree with your post.
    James - so true, he has been one of my favs, but now, shut tfu. He always seemed more mellow, but now he seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I get why he was mad, but he should have let it go once back at camp.
    Amanda & Cirie - I think they may have a secret alliance, or Cirie is letting Amanda think so. Also Amanda does seem a bit more mature, sure of herself. But why would anyone want to get rid of her? There are bigger targets, that will most likely do well at the final tc.
    Didn't get that Steph and Amanda were the weakest, what??? They are both very strong, reliable challenge players. I love Cirie, would love her to win, but she is the physically weakest.
    Heroes - the dynamic is pretty interesting, splintered quickly.

Boston Rob - always one of my favs, and my love grows. There are 2 things I love: his love of the game/how he knows it is a game and I think genuinely he is a nice guy. I am so amused how his tribe have a respect for him, and may keep him around. I love him, but if I was playing against him, he would be the first target out. he is too good at the game.
    Russell's comment was very telling about Boston Rob.
    Jerri - she definitely has matured and seems nice, dare I say. I think she is enjoying the journey.
    Parvarti - not much of her, I want to know what she is up to.

vCash
    I'm really enjoying the season, too. I too was at the tribal council, and couldn't believe the way James kept going on and on. Of all of them, he seems to have one of the biggest egos, like all the attention he got from previous Survivor appearances has gone to his head. I really like Tom but I can't see him going all the way to the end.

And I don't think the Villains are really getting along all that well. We saw some over the shelter, for example. They just not getting that much air time with regards to strategy or drama since they haven't gone to TC.

vCash
    Meh. Russell will get rid of Rob early in the game as he is a threat to him. And Cirie will get an unceremoniously early boot because she rocks. If Rupert wins, I am going to hunt down Jeff Probst and slap him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    If Rupert wins, I am going to hunt down Jeff Probst and slap him.
    If that happens, has to be a fix. Other than brute strength, he does not have much going for him. They know he won the favorite prize and once the merge happens, and I think he is not that good at the social game, I hope they vote him out.

waiting for Spring :(
    vCash
    crap .. I forgot all about this show as so wrapped up in the Olympics Thanks for the 2nd show updates, I loved the premier - as hadn't watched it in a few seasons.. This time around I like Boston Rob and Gerri - as my fav villains.. although I do think its time for a hero to win this because I Russel..
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    If that happens, has to be a fix. Other than brute strength, he does not have much going for him. They know he won the favorite prize and once the merge happens, and I think he is not that good at the social game, I hope they vote him out.
    On what planet is Rupert popular? I just don't get it, and since none of us here seem to like him (or when he played previously), I have to wonder where - and why - all the love is coming from.

vCash
    Rupert is not popular with the internet community, but the general community still seems to love him. My mom is a huge Rupert fan, in spite of all of the asshole-ish stuff he does on the show (which she doesn't seem to notice). After the first episode, she called me to talk about how awesome Rupert was and when I expressed my disagreement, her response was "well, didn't you see that special last week where he talked about all the charity work that he does?? I don't understand why you don't like him". I suspect that her response is in line with a lot of people who follow the show more casually. The last time that Rupert was on Survivor, he won the Fan Favourite prize (in spite of things like the shelter incident) and while he's been away a long time, I don't think that the people that voted for him then have changed their mind about liking him.

vCash
    Remember he won the 'Fan Fav' vote at the end of the All Stars.
    I think he started out really popular in Cook Islands first episode - embracing the pirate theme etc. But as episodes went on, and in my opinion, the one thing that completely changed my opinion, when he got a vote to be eliminated in tc and back at camp blew up. Also they showed him no being able to sleep and whining a lot.

In All Stars he completely messed up, especially with the building of their shelter.
    I do not like him and I know from forums he is not liked here or on TWOP.
    But I think the producers may think he is, and Probst?. That is why he is on this season and in the Heroes tribe. IMHO.
    Based on how the Heroes tribe is voting out weak/folks with alliances, the strong guys have not been targeted yet. Closer to the merge and post merge I assume they will be. But til then, I think Rupert may just annoy folks. He definitely seems less happer than in the past.

vCash
    Wow, James. He looks and acts like a character from Cops who wears a wife-beater t-shirt and slaps his women around.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    I guess I'm the only one who has watched it? Goodness you'd think there was something else to watch on tv last night. Random thoughts:

Why do they all hate Randy that much? I realize he's awkward and curmudgeonly but the look on everyone's face when he offered up the clam was just too junior high for me. I guess the editors didn't want us to realize that he was so obviously leaving?

They are right to go after Parvati asap, on so many levels. Too bad none of them are willing to go after the popular girl.

Hubby and I were discussing how we'd be cool to see each other snuggling at night or flirting a bit in this game ... until they were all in the water washing off the mud. Hubby says: "and right this minute Russell's wife just smacked him." I guess with so many singles on the show, he's not playing the family card this time.

I'm liking Jerri more and more - her line about bottling up whatever Parvati has for her real life was great.

I was a bit surprised at Sandra this time - she seems to be laying it out there a bit too obviously and reminding people how she won the first time. I was also when she told Jeff that when considering who to vote out, they think about who has won money. On her tribe, only she and Parvati, and arguably Rob, have won - so why point that out?

Candice is playing too paranoid and is lucky they won that challenge.

And JT is awesome - someone has finally managed to dethrone Rob as my favourite player ever!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    I watched it late last night, after I was finished watching the Olympics. I watched it because hubby said he was really surprised at how it ended (I was at DS's hockey practice at the time) so I figured I'd watch. Obviously hubby hasn't been watching it regularly because that vote was no surprise to me.

I don't like Sandra. I didn't really like her too much the first time, even though I know she's popular here. She's like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

vCash
    Wheeeeee! Someone else came out as a Jerri fan.

P.S. I was a little excited when Jeff said that they could change before the challenge. Somehow watching Colby change his clothes would be more fun for me than the challenge...

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Why do they all hate Randy that much?
    I don't think they really do; they all said nice things when they voted for him. Although they were all convinced that he hid the machete out of spite, so I don't think that helped his cause.

He really likes Jerri and Coach. Funny that Randy, who had no friends in his everyday life, seems to have made them on Survivor--although he says that the Villians are all a bunch of misfits and that's why he belonged there.

There are some good Insider clips for this week.

I never understood why Jerri was seen as such a bitch; she had her issues, but so does everyone else, and she has always had redeeming qualities, too. I still love her for being the only one to stand up to Rupert and tell him his "shelter in the sand" idea was idiotic--and she did it nicely, even though it annoyed the hell out of Rupert to have some ignorant female tell Mr. Rehab Houses that his shelter was going to flood. I LOL last night when she said that she had been in the worst shelter in Survivor history. Yep, hands down.

Ew at being with Coach, though. Just ew.

Seeing Randy booted reminded me--remember Crystal, the gold medalist who was such a bad athlete during his season? She has admitted to using anabolic steroids during the 2004 Olympics and will likely be stripped of the gold medal; even worse, her teammates on the relay team may be stripped of theirs, too.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/olym...ld-medals.html
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    I watched it. Liked the episode. I didn't quite understand the whole thing about James being violent in a challenge. At least, that's what i remember reading in the episode info. Yes, he threw Randy off the platform immediately, but that was kind of the point. He didn't throw him around on the platform, or rub his face in the mud, he just did what he was supposed to do. I actually was that the villains would put Randy up against James. I mean, I know they don't like him, but did they want Randy to get killed?

I, too, really like J.T. I just find him really likable. And I really don't like Sandra much either, never did before and still don't.

I was also a little surprised that everyone voted for Randy, in spite of some of the talk about voting out Parvati.

I think it's pretty funny how so many people think they're the ones calling the shots. Gonna be some rude awakenings... hope so, anyway, to keep it interesting.

vCash
    Totally figured Randy was going, but this episode had some decent parts.

Coach singing with the sun behind him? Classic. We stopped and rewatched it just to catch the cheesy lines. Oh, and his misspeaking is another favorite thing here.

Rupert saying they bonded over catching a chicken that escaped their crappy cage? Awesome.

Villains getting covered in mud while getting their arses kicked? Best challenge ever. Was fun to see Russell beaten, but he should be used to it after last season.

I'm with Prancer on the Jerri bandwagon.

I loved Sandra at TC last night. "Our machete grew little legs and walked away." You can tell she's frustrated. I'm still loving her from Pearl Islands for tossing the fish after they got rid of her friend.

vCash
    Fun episode. Little things amused me. The challenge was wow, so lopsided.
    I am still enjoying Jerri and yes, why are they not getting rid of Parvarti, she is playing hard and as pointed out, she has friends on the other tribe.
    Candice - annoys, hope Cirie sticks around.
    JT - nice guy, enjoy his game
    Still loving Rob. He really gets the game. I think he is running the villains, as much as it can be run. The others definitely are not.
    Coach is still Coach, I do not like him, but he is so entertaining.
    Tyson - where are you?
    Danielle - still not remembering you.
    Rupert - please get voted out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8pics View Post
    I watched it. Liked the episode. I didn't quite understand the whole thing about James being violent in a challenge. At least, that's what i remember reading in the episode info. Yes, he threw Randy off the platform immediately, but that was kind of the point. He didn't throw him around on the platform, or rub his face in the mud, he just did what he was supposed to do. I actually was that the villains would put Randy up against James. I mean, I know they don't like him, but did they want Randy to get killed?

I was also a little surprised that everyone voted for Randy, in spite of some of the talk about voting out Parvati.
    Do you remember the sandbag thing each was given to knock their opponent off the platform and into the mud? Well, after James proceeded to knock Randy off immediately with the sandbag, he then slammed the sandbag onto Randy as Randy lay in the mud. Totally uncalled for and poor Randy looked so humuliated. I think James wishes he were on the "Villains" side so he could be a villain instead of a hero (reinforcing negative stereotypes, way to go James ).

I'm glad to see Parvati's still there as I'm sure there will be some fireworks between her and Jerri soon.

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Jeff Probst really takes James to task in his blog this week:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/26/je...ivor'+blog

I’ve been a big fan of James from day one. I voted for him to be on Fans vs. Favorites and I voted for him to be on Heroes vs. Villains and up until this season I would have referred to him with affectionate phrases like “James the Gentle Giant.” Yeah… those days are gone.

I don’t know if James was going through something personal like trying to quit smoking or if he had a bad rash nobody knew about but something has definitely changed.

James is just not a nice guy these days.

SNIP

“The Most Embarrassing” match: It’s now official. James has clearly lost his mind. It’s el gonzo. It was the most lopsided match of the challenge. There was no doubt who was going to win. James knocked Randy off with one small push and then…he threw his bag on top of him and as always had to have the last word. “Get your f—ing old ass outta here.” Sorry James but this is where I get off the James train. It’s not that I think Randy is the nicest guy in the world either, but that was just unnecessary and truly ugly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Do you remember the sandbag thing each was given to knock their opponent off the platform and into the mud? Well, after James proceeded to knock Randy off immediately with the sandbag, he then slammed the sandbag onto Randy as Randy lay in the mud. Totally uncalled for and poor Randy looked so humuliated. I think James wishes he were on the "Villains" side so he could be a villain instead of a hero (reinforcing negative stereotypes, way to go James ).
    Oh, I didn't notice that. Yes, I would agree that was pretty obnoxious. But I still say, what were the villains thinking putting Randy up against James anyway?

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast