Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    vCash
    Russell was my favorite not because I admired him, but because he made the show so darn interesting and amusing at the same time. He's the guy you "love to hate".

vCash
    Unlike BB where a fan can pay to have 24/7 access to see the stuff that doesn't make it on TV, I'd hate the audience having any part of voting for a survivor. The editing could be too easily manipulated to favor one over another and it would encourage future contestants to be a "character" if they know that America has a vote. It would poison the whole game. Winning Survivor hinges on, among other things, the concept of soliciting votes from people you had some hand in eliminating.

vCash
    Today I was alone in my Sandra love since everyone I work with wanted Russell to win. I had to explain over and over and over again that the point of the game is to Outplay, Outlast and Outwit. He may have outlasted, he may have outplayed at times, but he did not ever outwit anyone, and for that reason he didn't deserve to win. They're all like "well yeah, but he's so bad that he's just the best player ever". Uhh no again. The point is to make it to the end and NOT piss every single person off. He managed to do quite the opposite and then some.

Oh and count me in as someone who is NO on audience votes.

vCash
    I don't want to vote for Survivor. No way.

I loved to hate Russell and was gutted he turned on Jerri. Jerri was actually after Sandra my fave player this year. Not because she was the greatest player, but because she just grooved to what was happening to make herself last longer in the game.

Loved how Parvati called Russell her pet. In a way, he was. Her manipulating him was why she last into the merge and bit further. Her playing those 2 immunity idols was awesome too!

Congrats to Queen Sandra! She rocked!
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    But like Parvati said, it really was her only option to begin with. Boston Rob and his alliance wanted nothing to do with her from the start, so she had to take what she could get.

I wonder if Amanda's vote was for Sandra or against Parvati for beating her once before (or whatever non-game issues they were having).
    It's kinda ironic that the only way she survived pre-merge was to align with Russell, and he did save her that TC where Tyson voted himself out, but her affiliation with him is also the reason she lost.

The results goes to show this motto for playing Suvivor - don't piss off the jury, especially when they're reality TV whores and full of themselves.

On a final note, man, Colby was HOTT back then...whenever that was. Here's evidence: http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-pho...als-0my4Ah.jpg.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight1 View Post
    I loved to hate Russell and was gutted he turned on Jerri. Jerri was actually after Sandra my fave player this year. Not because she was the greatest player, but because she just grooved to what was happening to make herself last longer in the game.
    And she took being booted with far more grace than a lot of the others. As soon as she got in the van to be taken to Ponderosa, she gave full credit to Parvati for playing Russell and then enjoyed herself at Ponderosa (and was perched on Coach's lap while chatting with Colby, which made me LOL). Jerri has always taken her boots well, but she's never made it this far or come this close and I was really impressed with her equanamity.

Sandra is great and I really admire her gameplay, but I'd have given it to Parvati, both because she played a great game and because she did it while putting up with Russell the whole time. And because Russell, after watching everything, said at the reunion that she deserved to win. That's pretty amazing. Russell is definitely her pet.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I feel bad but I barely remember Jenn, the woman who died, either.
    I remember her, but only because she was so amazingly pretty even after being in the game a long time.

I looked at some photos of the 10-year Survivor anniversary party the other day and couldn't remember who 2/3s of the people in the pictures were. Part of that was makeup; some of the women really pile it one and I couldn't quite see past it to the grubby Survivor beneath. But part of it was there are just too many of them.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I feel bad but I barely remember Jenn, the woman who died, either.
    Sadly, Jenn was one of those token 'gets far in the game but doesn't get much facetime from the editors' players (a la Denise, Brett, Butch, Lydia, Susie, etc). I only really remember her because I have Palau on DVD and have watched the season more than once. From everything I have heard in interviews with past contestants, Survivor event reviews, Coby (from Palau)'s postings on Sucks, it sounds like Jenn was genuinely one of the nicest people to have ever participated on the show.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Most satisfying end to a season of Survivor ever!!!!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Cirie's Twitter has some interesting bits: http://twitter.com/Ciriesurvivor12

Boston rob is expecting baby #2 congratulations to him and amber

I don't know that there is a beef btwn parv and Amanda,but rumor has it that colby and Danielle are creeping!

LOL at the photo of Sugar waving JT's letter to Russell around. I thought she was still pretty ticked off at JT during the reunion.

And Melanie Hantz aside, Parvati and Russell might as well be a couple--an old married couple. Watch the video.

Sandra has some interesting things to say about how she played the game--and how some other people did, too: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/17/su...andra-russell/
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    How much did Russ win BTW ? I missed that
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Russell won $100,000.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Are you referring to his audience prize, or what he got for coming in third/tied for second/making it to final TC/whatever they call it?

I remember it was always $100,000 for the second place finisher back when it was a two-person final, but was never sure how it worked for a three-person final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Are you referring to his audience prize, or what he got for coming in third/tied for second/making it to final TC/whatever they call it?

I remember it was always $100,000 for the second place finisher back when it was a two-person final, but was never sure how it worked for a three-person final.
    During the last episode I remember Sandra telling Russell she would be happy to place second and get her $100,000. At least I think she said second.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Yes, I forgot about his third place prize. I think that's around $85K, which is why Parvati says in the vid linked above that he got more than she did. She got $100K; he got $100K as the Player of the Season (not the Fan Favorite, as Russell likes to remind everyone) and his third place money.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Did Russell get that prize last time too? And I think he might have got one or two votes, so his overall take would be close to $385,000 then. Not bad - although I think he's likely the only winner in Survivor history who wanted the title of Sole Survivor more than the cash.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Russell's earnings....

3rd place - $85,000
    Fan favourite - $100,000

Total: $185,000

Personally, I'd say he earned about $3,000 of that!
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    If I never see Russell again, I will be happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    This.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    There are some lovely coffins he would look good in...

It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Did Russell get that prize last time too? And I think he might have got one or two votes, so his overall take would be close to $385,000 then. Not bad - although I think he's likely the only winner in Survivor history who wanted the title of Sole Survivor more than the cash.
    Rupert would come in second!

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast