Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Then again, Rupert may be banking on the fact that he is one of the most likable players remaining in the game
    But a lot of the other players don't like Rupert and even those who do don't have any respect for his game. I don't see him getting votes from any of the players unless he's up against Russell.

ITA that he wants to be the fan favorite--and I think he's still leading the polls for that one.

Amanda has been quite vocal about being angry with Colby about the clue, but she also said this:

Colby is really cool. He is such a gentleman. I think part of his problem out there is that he was such a gentleman with the food, he'd always make sure that the girls got to eat first and had enough that I don't think he ate enough -- he has a lot of muscle and not enough body fat and I think it affected him. He's the sweetest guy ever.

Maybe Colby is just too wiped out to move?
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    I think some people may be playing with knowing that this is an all-star season with some of the best players the show's had, and perhaps are making bold moves that end up pissing a whole lot of people off with the hopes that since these are some of the best who've played, they'd vote for a winner based on who played the best game, and not necessarily along personal lines. Then again, the first all-stars had a stellar cast (minus a few...) and that was probably the most bitter we've ever seen a set of jury members Kind of dangerous territory, but if you have the argument to back up your game moves, it could pay off if the jury members respect the game as a whole.
    I honestly think that's what JT was after. He won Brazil on charm as much as gameplay, but I believe he thought that with this crowd, he'd need to show leadership and do somethings that were big and risky to win.

That's also probably what Parvati had in mind in her grandstand move with the two idols, which included the incredibly risky move of not keeping one for herself. She can *say* she was in control of the game, but Russell will say the same thing, and I think many of the jury will believe it was him, not her. She'll need that showy move to clinch the deal in the end.

Sandra's case is more complicated, but she has a good one that this crowd should appreciate - especially people like Colby, Candice and Jerri who have also had a few narrow misses and have been swinging around a bit to stay alive. Although Jerri may feel indebted to Parvati now, that might change when she's reunited with Coach and his new friend Courtney.

vCash
    Amanda is a big ole' baby. Just read this article. She's a sore loser, I think.

http://http://tvwatch.people.com/201...le+Feedfetcher

This week is going to be very interesting. Per commercials, there are two tribal councils this week. I am hoping for a Parvati/Russell elimination. But I won't get that lucky.
    Last edited by FiveRinger; 05-04-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: added article about Amanda
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    This week is going to be very interesting. Per commercials, there are two tribal councils this week. I am hoping for a Parvati/Russell elimination. But I won't get that lucky.
    This is why audience voting doesn't work! The interesting people would be eliminated too fast, because they provoke opinion, and we'd be left with all the boring non-players.

My two picks would be Colby and Danielle. Admittedly, the latter is starting to come to life, but I don't like her coattail style of play, and suspect that half of what she's doing is to please her queen anyway.

vCash
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    Bitter much? And what's all this about "certain things that happened"? I don't know whether to or .

Russell may relish in his evil, but he's certainly not the first player to be aggressive, or lie, or be devious. It's part of the game - you would think Amanda would know that by now.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    This is why audience voting doesn't work! The interesting people would be eliminated too fast, because they provoke opinion, and we'd be left with all the boring non-players.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Bitter much? And what's all this about "certain things that happened"? I don't know whether to or .
    Honestly, she mentioned those "things that can't (won't) be discussed" so many times I wondered why she even bothered with the interview - and then I saw her last line:

I’m coming out with my own organic fragrance called Wild and then I want to move into a skincare line. I’m excited to get that going.
    And that right there is the reason she did thing interview

ETA: and I will point out that her bitterness also makes her the female Boston Rob
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I have no problem with entrepreneurialism, and on capitalizing on opportunities, but IMO she's blowing her prospects with this whiny, bitter, tired and sucky attitude, especially months after it all happened.

vCash
    Perhaps we can help her with her tagline:

Amanda Kimmel's Wild - smells like BITTAH!!!
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Well, that, and her contract requires her to do at least half a dozen interviews the day after her boot show, and then more throughout the week .
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    ok ok, she was just making lemonade by using the interview to pimp her Eau de Survivor

the funny thing is, if she had just said "my heart just wsn't in it this time around", or "the way the game has changed made it harder for me to stay engaged", no one would think too much of it - those are nice, Kwan-like answers. But going on and on about "certain things that happened that I won’t discuss"....well, that just means that people will dig and dig until it comes out, beause it sounds like something that happened within the game with another player that ruined it for her.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Has the game really changed that much? Sure there's been new levels of idol play, but it's not like there were no idols in her first two seasons. And it's not like there have never been players like Russell before as I said. So what's changed? Maybe it's just about her playing first with amateurs, then half experienced players, and now all experienced players and she couldn't handle it.

As a viewer, I just see it getting better and better

vCash
    Perhaps we can help her with her tagline:

Amanda Kimmel's Wild - smells like BITTAH!!!

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Has the game really changed that much? Sure there's been new levels of idol play, but it's not like there were no idols in her first two seasons. And it's not like there have never been players like Russell before as I said. So what's changed? Maybe it's just about her playing first with amateurs, then half experienced players, and now all experienced players and she couldn't handle it.

As a viewer, I just see it getting better and better
    I think the increased idols the last few seasons have changed the game, and not for the better. I hope they live up to the promise to make them harder to find. Putting out a lot fewer of them would help too. Actually, I'd prefer none, but that probably won't happen.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Has the game really changed that much? Sure there's been new levels of idol play, but it's not like there were no idols in her first two seasons. And it's not like there have never been players like Russell before as I said. So what's changed?
    Some of the Sucksters are convinced that Amanda is referring to producer manipulation, but a lot of them are convinced that it's all rigged anyway. But that would be something she couldn't talk about; they aren't supposed to discuss production.

One thing that several of them have said has changed is camp life. It used to be that there was more of a focus on being a tribe and living an adventure. There was value in having camping skills and being able to provide for the tribe, and there was a lot more emphasis on bonding and making the time pass between challenges. Now it's all game all the time, camp life tends to be miserable because no one really cares about doing the work that would be necessary to make things comfortable (the Villians camp was truly ) because there is no value in it, and there is no downtime.

I think Amanda was lost once James left because he was, in her words, her wingman. It's interesting to me that she and Parvati have both said that you can't play Survivor alone; you have to have a couple of people you trust to help you in the game or you won't get to the end. The difference there is that I don't think Amanda ever really had that once James was gone, while Parvati has, and I think Amanda is kinda that she didn't have someone to play with. She also complained about the HIIs, because she says they create chaos that makes it hard to strategize effectively.

I think Russell's game is different because he doesn't even try to play the social game.

vCash
    ^ Funny, Amanda had no problem with HII when one saved her in Micronesia.

I think Amanda gets way more credit for her gameplay than she should. While she's a good player, in the past she has always found a power player to team up with. Not exactly a tagalong, but still more of a supporter of the team strategy than an active contributor. She had Todd in China and Parvati and Cirie in Micronesia. She did a good job making powerful friends, but other than that, her game wasn't anything special.

A female Boston Rob? I would say Amber Brkich's slightly more strategic doe-eyed twin.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I think Amanda gets way more credit for her gameplay than she should. While she's a good player, in the past she has always found a power player to team up with.
    That's been her strategy--to push someone else into a leadership role so they make all the visible moves and then manipulate them into doing what she wants. That was how she saw JT in this game, but Candice had basically the same plan and worked against her in the beginning, and JT had his own ideas about how to play, plus he never trusted either of the girls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    That's been her strategy--to push someone else into a leadership role so they make all the visible moves and then manipulate them into doing what she wants.
    I guess I never saw the second part of that plan. She basically was on board with whoever the leader wanted out and when she didn't agree, they just went around her (such as the situation with Ozzy in Micronesia). I didn't see her doing a lot of manipulation or convincing her power player ally who to gun for. I admit, I don't remember much from China though.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    I guess I never saw the second part of that plan. She basically was on board with whoever the leader wanted out and when she didn't agree, they just went around her (such as the situation with Ozzy in Micronesia). I didn't see her doing a lot of manipulation or convincing her power player ally who to gun for. I admit, I don't remember much from China though.
    I don't think they ever showed much of it. Amanda is not good television and Survivor rarely focuses on the women in the game and how they play, anyway. You could sometimes see Amanda discussing her strategies and how she goes about them if you watch the extra vids, and she just got a shoutout from Jeff in his blog for being one of the best ever to play the game (which is , as Jeff also never acknowledges anything that the female players do), so she does work it--but she's not what Jeff would call a go-to player. She never says anything particularly memorable or dramatic.

Jeff's quote: As frustrating as she can be at times, she’s a tremendous player. One of the best. She only lacks one thing from being an absolute dynamo and that’s the killer instinct. As stated earlier, it’s the confidence to stand up for her self and claim what is rightfully hers.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast