Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I can't figure out the villains, especially Parvati, Russell and Danielle. They're a trio playing with seven other people, so very much a minority. They don't have Sandra, who they treat like crap. They barely have Jerri, who realizes she's odd man out (well, after Sandra), so Jerri must be considering jumping ship. Do Parvati, Russell and Danielle think they can rule the game with the immunity idols?? It seems to me the idols are a back-up and the real way to play is to have NUMBERS on your side (six voting against four).
    Getting Sandra on their side would have been really difficult - she was aligned so hard with Rob, and if it weren't for Russell getting Tyson to switch his vote, the Rob alliance would still be in control of the Villains and Russell and Parvati would likely be gone by now. I was really hoping that the entire Villains tribe could have come together when they realized the Heroes were so wrong about the "all-girl alliance", but 1) there was probably still someone who would have to go and 2) they're villains for goodness sake and they'd all still be scheming. I think Russ/Parv/Dani could have reached out to Sandra/Courtney and sacrificed Jerri as a peace-keeping move... but I think Jerri will have more loyalty to her Villain alliance than Sandra/Courtney would, and why take two votes that will certainly switch together when you can take two singles who may do different things in the merge? Plus, Jerri getting the boot right after Coach could have worse jury vote implications than getting rid of Courtney. Coach seems still ticked about his ouster, but I think he will appreciate keeping Jerri in the game and depending on how the endgame shakes out I can see him still voting for Russell or even Parvati.

In earlier seasons, they showed how each personal had a luxury items they were allowed to bring (toothbrush, diary and pen, etc.) Not sure if the castaways are still allowed to each bring one personal item with them...
    They ended that a long time ago
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    They ended that a long time ago
    They still have luxury items, but they don't talk about them much. There is one interviewer who has asked all the boots what they brought. Rob had his daughter's baby blanket and Randy had a voodoo doll of Jeff . Those are the only two I remember.

ETA: I remembered another one--Colby has the same big Texas flag he had in Survivor: Outback.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post

ETA: I remembered another one--Colby has the same big Texas flag he had in Survivor: Outback.
    The Heroes have that draped over their shelter. From the scan at the challenge, it looked like James brought his two idols from China.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    The Heroes have that draped over their shelter.
    I read somewhere that he had had it treated so that it's waterproof and something else (windproof, maybe?). I don't know if that's true or not, but it was his using the flag as a tarp the first time around, as well as some of the others' sneaky luxury items that were really useful instead of just being a luxury that have made them kind of tone down the whole luxury item thing.

ETA: It's AOL television that is asking about the luxury items, I guess, because Courtney is asked here: http://www.aoltv.ca/2010/04/16/court...xit-interview/

Those of you who are interested in whether Coach is for real or not might find her comments on him interesting . She and Coach do seem to be having a fabulous time together at Ponderosa.
    Trolling dates all the way back to 397 B.C. - People began following Plato around and would make fart noises after everything he said.

vCash
    Courtney and Coach at the Ponderosa are hysterical. He's off being one with nature and she's totally snarky, but so polite and cute. Sort of sad that someone else will be crashing their 'honeymoon' in a few days.

Oh, and add me to the list of people lining up to slap JT. Jeff's EW blog said that everyone was told in advance that Russell was named one of the "5 biggest villains of all time." And they STILL gave him the idol!

vCash
    I wonder if Outback's business has gone up since the airing of this episode.

I know I am CRAVING a nice big, juicy, steak and am treating myself to such tonight!

Oh, yeah, the episode was fantastic! Best season ever!!

vCash
    Best episode EVER!!! bye bye stupid J.T.! LMAO!!!!

vCash
    JT is an idiot. Handing over the HII to that troll was the biggest, most idiotic move in the game.

Props to Sandra for her behind the scenes work with Rupie.

Had the feeling JT was going when he started with that "I have to tell Rupert what to do crap".

Parvarti was a rock star tonight. She played little Russ beautifully AND managed to bring Jerri totally onto her side. Loved next week's previews. Wonder if Russ is having Samoa flashbacks of losing to a member of his 'dumb girl alliance'?

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash

Parvati really is the queen of the social game. Even when they see how dangerous she is, they STILL don't see how good she is at the people part of the game.

Now Sandra and Jerri owe her big time. And all the Heroes are pissed at Russell, not her, which means they will be gunning for him instead of her now. And sleeping social game giant Sandra is about to wake up. Bwahahaha Russell, feel somethin' slip right out from under your feet?

Most shocking part of the game for me? Candice stepping down in the challenge. I don't get that at all.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I wasn't really shocked by Candice. I would think that Colby, JT and Amanda would all be seen as more likely boots by the Villains.

The key to the whole thing was Danielle winning immunity though. With Parvarti seeing through the Heroes' plan to make an unexpected vote, they would have needed three idols to cover all the targets, and she might have decided to play it safe and just cover herself.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjblue View Post
    I wasn't really shocked by Candice. I would think that Colby, JT and Amanda would all be seen as more likely boots by the Villains.
    Yes, but it seems to me that when you have an even split and the vote is going to be the turning point of the game--and everyone knows this--that you would want to do everything you could to have to ensure that a) you wouldn't go home and b) no one important to you would, either.

EVERYONE knew the Villians were targeting JT; if Candice had won, she could have made a bold move and given immunity to JT. As you pointed out, she didn't need it anyway. And wouldn't that have been an interesting vote. NONE of the votes would have counted. But Candice had no reason at all to think that was even possible, as the Heroes weren't even sure Parvati had one idol, much less two.

Immunity always gives you options. Unless you are giving up so your ally can win (as Parvati did for Danielle), then I don't see why anyone would ever give up unless they just couldn't help it.

vCash
    I am in the middle of the episode right now... oh my FRACKING god. JT is the dumbest person to ever be on this show! How the hell did he win his original season??? And listen up, because this is the first and only time I will ever say this, Rupert -- RUPERT -- is genius tonight!

Parvati = awesome. Anyone who denies she's a good great player after how her head has been on the block since day 1 here (not to mention her good run in her original season, and then obviously winning FvF) needs to get some brain cells rearranged.

Sandra = awesome squared. This woman isn't afraid of anything. I love it.

ETA: Just finished the episode... MASSIVE Parvati LOVE. That was awesome!!
    Last edited by Fridge_Break; 04-23-2010 at 05:17 AM.

vCash
    Sandra and Parvati are fab. I've just watched the third episode here and Sandra's comments in regards to the Machete going missing was golden. Randy was of course right about Parvati. But nobody was listening to him. Parvati is smart but she has to watch herself post-merge. Its funny watching the show after already following this thread. Because you're seeing many of the people's downfalls before they happen. JT in the earlier episodes seems to think he's playing a smart game but we all know he isn't. You also see why certain people make it far into the game. Another reason why spoilers never worry me.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Every freaking week, this show gets better and better at TC!! Parvati is a total goddess!!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    That was brilliant x infinity

You know the Heroes are in trouble when Rupert is the one who is making the most sense.

Amanda seriously has the worst poker face on the planet. Three times in this game and she still telegraphs her lies so broadly a neon sign would be subtler. "Parvati, whatever you do, play the idol. Yourself. You. Do not give it to anyone else. For the love of god, PLAY THE IDOL, OKAY?!?!?!? oh god, I think I have to throw up......."

Parvati's move was brilliant. I love how the Villains are redefining how to use the idol - ok, ok, JT is too in a way, but if it doesn't work, it's nothing to crow about. The downside is that Russell does not forgive secrets, and Parvati trying to play coy over it is going to have the opposite effect as intended. Of course, Parvati is now in control, so she should be able to ride this out - Sandra and especially Jerri are now indebted to her, and as Prancer said, everyone's so pissed at Russell that the target should be off Parvati for at least one more vote. And Russell will be so pissed that his alleged minion kept something from him he may lose all focus on getting rid of the next hero.

I do hope Russell doesn't go home next week. I can't help it, having the 3 powerhouses of Russell, Parvati and Sandra keeps this game positively hopping. I'd rather have Rupert or Colby leave - they're both dead weight.

Don't know what to think about Candace stepping down - although it seemed like a lot of them just stepped down.

I thought Jerri was going to have a complete breakdown with every vote that Jeff called. Girlfriend will be seriously loyal to Parvati after that.

And as for JT: HA!!!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    You know the Heroes are in trouble when Rupert is the one who is making the most sense.
    I was coming here to say that exact same thing. Seriously, Rupert is the only one that has a freaking clue?

I was spoiled so I laughed my ass off through all the heavy foreshadowing during this episode, especially Amanda's "play your idol. FOR YOU."

Parvati is a freaking rock star. I doubt I would like her very much in real life, but she is an amazing player. Even though it's not all that hard to read Amanda, I thought Parvati's real talent was to recognize Amanda was telling half-truths, then tell some half-truths of her own and do so much better. She also does have a special place in my heart for playing Russell like a violin. And personality-wise, at least if she's going to be an attention-whore she has some self-awareness and a sense of humour about it.

And much like Eliza in Fans vs. Favourites, I think it was almost worth having Courtney voted out just to have her on the jury. Love having her snarky little comments!!

vCash
    That was the best episode of Survivor I’ve ever seen. When I was in despair 2 weeks ago at the preview of JT giving Russell the idol, a solicitous little birdie cheered me up by telling me that we had to get through that to get to tonight's episode which was going to be "EPIC." As is her annoying way, the little birdie was right.

I have grossly underestimated Parvati, she is bloody amazing. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEO, I can’t wait to hear what ole asswipe Russell has to say next week. It will be interesting to see if he will concede that someone else is running the game. I'm wondering how he will accept that he was bested by a woman--he's one who acts like he wouldn't like that notion much.

And if Sandra could take him out it would be wonderful, I love Sandra! Sigh, I wish Cirie was still here.

They will never top this season.
    Boi Bumba!!!

vCash

This could be ripped from the pages of a novel by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos. Everyone sees that Parvati is a threat precisely because she is so (seemingly) likeable, they all know that they must stop her, and yet they will let her dictate their own demise.

I wasn't especially impressed with Sandra in her original season, but I've loved her scheming, manipulative, ways this time around. Either Parvati or she would be a worthy winner (though my money is on Parvati).

And Courtney! She's not only , she's the life of the party too!

vCash
    I'd love to see Courtney doing Red Carpet commentary--she's a riot, I really like her.
    Boi Bumba!!!

vCash
    I loved this episode, too, and did not see it coming when Parvati gave her other HII to Jerri! And the look on Sandra's face when Parvati gave her the first idol was priceless!

At least JT was a good sport about it, although it looked like he told Russell,"Well played" instead of Parvati. Russell had no idea what was going to happen! Right? He thought Parvati would play the idol he gave her and JT would go home. JT did go home, but by a different route.

Parvati's giggling and flirting get on my nerves, but I have to give her mad props for this week's brilliant moves.

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast