Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    DRAG? Dumb Repetitive Annoying Goner?

vCash
    I've been reading this thread for ages waiting for the show to screen here, I've now watched the first episode. Its a bit strange as I've only seen the first four seasons + Pearl Islands and watched bits and pieces of Thailand (showing survivor season repeats), The Amazon, Palau, All-stars, Tocantins and Samoa (also on repeat). Its certainly more physical and seems to be rather less of the social and survival side of things. Reading through this thread has certainly been interesting.

I don't get why two players, Sugar and Stephanie (long gone now) were on the Heroes tribe when in previous seasons they made the Final Tribal council and got 0 votes and 1 vote respectively. How that can be heroic is beyond me. Also I must admit if I was female and Sugar gave me the fingers I would have ripped her head off.

Having recently watched Marquesas I'll never understand how Rob got chosen for All-stars. Though he seemingly has played the same type of strategy on all three goes at Survivor. Only with Marquesas the fact his tribe kept losing and then the tribe switching ultimately did him in. Also he was rather lazy at Marquesas so it was hilarious that him now being older (about Hunter's age) was going on about how his tribe mates in Samoa are lazy.

As for the Heroes. I instantly dislike most of them and I don't understand whatsoever why the female members were talking about voting other women. Here you are on a team with two male winners (JT and Tom), two or three players that are huge physical threats (James, JT and Colby) and the fact they're males on the "hero" tribe. Did you not think, that all five men truly believe they played honourable games previously and therefore were always going to vote for who they saw as weakest members on the tribe. Because after all, that would be the honourable thing.It just surprises me that's how the likes of Stephanie, Cirie and Sugar played the game. If Cirie and others were truly smart (and reading up on Cirie it would appear she was) you'd think they'd have worked out how the men think. I realise there were previous alliances etc but surely they knew being female on a heroes tribe instantly made it more likely for a women to be booted out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    I don't get why two players, Sugar and Stephanie (long gone now) were on the Heroes tribe when in previous seasons they made the Final Tribal council and got 0 votes and 1 vote respectively. How that can be heroic is beyond me. Also I must admit if I was female and Sugar gave me the fingers I would have ripped her head off.
    The "Heroes" and "Villains" designations were mostly a gimmick, especially with regard to the women, some of whom displayed quite a bit of both heroism and villainry, and some of whom displayed not all that much of either, in their original seasons.

Sugar played a highly individual game, found the Hidden Immunity Idol early on, and used it at the end to save someone else that she thought was a nicer person than the one who got voted out instead. The woman to whom she showed the finger was the nastiest piece of work that's ever been shown on Survivor and was insulting her at the Final Tribal Council.

Stephenie has been on twice before. The first time (Palau), she was gutsy and strong but on a very weak tribe that lost every immunity challenge. There was no tribal merger; she just joined the other tribe when all of her tribemates had been sent home. Even then, she still managed to outlast a couple of people from her new tribe. The second time (Guatemala), she was a mean, conniving player who backstabbed some people she had early alliances with. But most people prefer to remember her as gutsy rather than nasty.

Having recently watched Marquesas I'll never understand how Rob got chosen for All-stars.
    Big personality, plus he dominated the first season of All-Stars. Not all people get chosen for All-Stars based on their game play in their original seasons.

As for the Heroes. I instantly dislike most of them and I don't understand whatsoever why the female members were talking about voting other women. Here you are on a team with two male winners (JT and Tom), two or three players that are huge physical threats (James, JT and Colby) and the fact they're males on the "hero" tribe. Did you not think, that all five men truly believe they played honourable games previously and therefore were always going to vote for who they saw as weakest members on the tribe. Because after all, that would be the honourable thing.It just surprises me that's how the likes of Stephanie, Cirie and Sugar played the game. If Cirie and others were truly smart (and reading up on Cirie it would appear she was) you'd think they'd have worked out how the men think. I realise there were previous alliances etc but surely they knew being female on a heroes tribe instantly made it more likely for a women to be booted out.
    Generally speaking, before the merge, the biggest factor in how tribes vote is who is least likely to help them win future Immunity Challenges. Sugar and Cirie, in particular, are physically weak. Also Cirie's skill at gameplay made her a threat to others' chances.

For a variety of reasons, single-sex alliances have usually fared poorly, with the Micronesia season being the notable exception.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibble View Post
    The woman to whom she showed the finger was the nastiest piece of work that's ever been shown on Survivor and was insulting her at the Final Tribal Council.
    I think gingercrush may have been referring to Sugar flipping off Sandra after Sandra removed her bra--although Sugar has said she was really flipping off everyone, including Jeff (who realized it) because she was very angry about a lot of things

Cirie absolutely did understand the men and their game plan--or rather, she understood Tom and Colby and Stephenie, who had the game plan gingercrush outlined. Rupert and JT have a different strategy and it does not involve voting out the weak.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Just bumping up the thread for tonight .... and hoping that JT does not become the stoopidest contestant in Survivor history. If the commercials ring true, he truly deserves that title.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    They're emphasizing it so heavily that I fear it will come to nothing. But it could go either way - Survivor tends to dole out red herrings and true spoilers pretty equally when they go on hype overdrive like this. I for one really really hope that he does it
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I love Sandra.

JT's fascination with Russell is making him lose popularity with me.

vCash
    Gawd JT is such a pathetic MORON!! That letter was was like a lovesick junior high school girl pinning away for the star senior quarterback who doesn't even know she's alive. If JT goes thru with this I hope he is humiliated for life! I'm actually rooting for a Villians win here so it just-wont-happen!

ETA: oh gawd, even Colby is a moron. YOu know, they are so stoopid they deserve this to happen.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    ROFLOL! this is so fabulous
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    JT is officially the stoopidest, most moronic idiot to ever play this game!! Even moreso than the idiot holding two idols. Good job moron ... good job. I can't wait to see JT's face when Russell organizes his boot-out first as soon as they merge.

vCash

OTOH, have they ever shown the teams congratulating each other like that after a challenge? The editing always makes it seem like the teams aren't allowed interaction like that, but perhaps it's just cut out to make the competition look a bit more stiff and not all lovey-dovey.

vCash
    PMLLL @ Parvati reading the note in such a sarcastic tone!

vCash
    I hope JT is suffering the embarrassment of a lifetime right now with the mocking he is getting in this episode. He deserves every bit of it. What a feckin' idiot.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    is Coach wearing an afghan?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post

OTOH, have they ever shown the teams congratulating each other like that after a challenge? The editing always makes it seem like the teams aren't allowed interaction like that, but perhaps it's just cut out to make the competition look a bit more stiff and not all lovey-dovey.
    No, they aren't; the tribes are not allowed to interact or touch each other at challenges, but it has happened in the past. Rob grabbed Lex and told him to take care of Amber on ASS and someone either last season or the season before got a big hug from people on both tribes.

I remember this because Jeff commented on the latter in his blog, and said that contact wasn't allowed but it seemed like the right thing to do at the time (I forget who it was or what the circumstances were). I wonder if he will comment this time. It's obvious that the Heroes orchestrated the group hug to cover JT (so they are ALL stupid ) and the camera people knew, so I'm figuring that the producers allowed it because how could they not?

Even taking into account that JT didn't see Russell's season and so knows nothing about him--JT! He's a VILLAIN! Yes, that means he's likely someone who flipped. But JT! He's an ALL-STAR VILLAIN. And you just gave him your immunity! Are you INSANE?

This is what happens when you overthink the game. They are all trying so hard to make the big moves that they are taking themselves out of the game. I'll bet future players are a lot more cautious, which is kind of shame. I mean, is this entertaining or what?

And Russell, do you really think you are running the game? Really? Parvati is so clearly in charge. I was PML when Danielle and Parvati talked right over Russell and completely ignored everything he was saying.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    When those interviews and blog stuff from Jeff start rolling in about tonight's episode, please please post them here! I can't wait to see what Jeff has to say about this now that he's allowed to talk about it!

vCash
    It was just terrific!!!
    Either I'm naive, sick of whining, or I just want to embrace the hilarity of it all!

I feel no need to over-analyze this episode...

vCash
    Ok, it's obvious that JT is a big bonehead. But, I can't believe that Russell told the girls about the idol. He lost a lot of points with me over that one. He gave Parvati an idol once. Wasn't that enough? I would have died with that secret.

Something tells me Parvati still is going to end up on the outside, even with one idol in her hand and access to another. Just a guess, but I don't think it's going to be this easy.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I hope next episode they merge and the first person voted out is JT. I still can't get over how feckin' stoopid he is.

vCash
    Tonights episode was a hoot.
    Russell reminded me why I found him so entertaining last season. He was so dumb to share the idol though.
    Wonder if Jerri realized she is # 4 in her alliance?
    JT - he is so gone. The merge next week should be really fun.
    Sandra might still survive - as much as I don't like Rupert the glimpse of these 2 talking could mean good things for Sandra.
    Could Rupert, Amanda, Candice, Colby, Sandra and Jerri join up to get rid of Parvarti & Russell??

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast