Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I too was waiting for the punchline when Tyson and Coach were talking, and at the same time was happy to see Tyson being a reasonable good guy. And speaking for all of us in saying stop it with the feathers at TC and the stories! that Rob has been encouraging the stories though - it's clear that Coach hero-worships him, and I think that will work to Rob's advantage down the road. Interesting that Jerri wasn't part of that little drama.
    I've since watched the Insider vids and Tyson was a tiny bit snarky about Coach there, but mostly he was kind and compassionate. He did say that Rob has been openly mocking Coach by telling his own long, made-up stories, but maybe Coach doesn't realize it?

Jerri told Coach that she thinks they are perceived as being too close and she wants some distance between them (clip entitled "Jerri Dumps Coach"). He told her what Tyson said to him after Tribal, and she told him that Tyson had told the others about it and they all laughed. She does not like the other women at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I'm amazed Russell hasn't found that idol yet. to go looking for it though - did he think no one would see him? at Sandra spying in the bushes again, deja vu. And Rob ordering her to do it.
    More Insider vids--Russell waits until everyone goes to sleep and then takes the shovel and goes idol hunting in the dark. He can't see anything, so he rakes through the dirt with his fingers. And there's another clip of a FURIOUS Jerri on the beach complaining quite bitterly about Rob ordering people to not hunt for the idol, then sitting in camp watching everyone and sending someone else after anyone who leaves camp. I don't know if she's referring to anyone besides Russell (and apparently herself) but her eyes are practically bugging out of her head in the clip and she is speaking in the very controlled way people do when they really, really want to scream.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I am liking Jerri more and more.

I really hope that the tribe of villains realizes that Boston Rob has got to GO sooner than later. They are so much smarter than the last group of All Stars... they've got to realize that if he makes it to the individual immunity stage they are all toast.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Why, wasn't she crawling on all fours in that first challenge! She's not athletic at all! Just conniving.
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Do you really think athletic ability is the key component to being a dangerous player in this game?
    Exactly. On her previous seasons she has been a mastermind at controlling parts of the game. If she had had the athleticism too, she'd have been extremely hard to beat.

vCash
    Jeff at TC was pretty hard on the Heroes. He's like 'ya voted out Steph' and lost 3 straight challenges. Now you're thinking of alliances and getting rid of more strong players?" Or it's because he was pretty tight with Colby ages ago and knew he was on the block?

to Tom for the way he played the Idol. "I wanted to save this for us until the merge." He's thinking ahead in the game and taking a shot at his teammates. Will it go back into hiding in camp now?

I'm loving Tyson more these days. Never thought I'd say that.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Jeff at TC was pretty hard on the Heroes. He's like 'ya voted out Steph' and lost 3 straight challenges. Now you're thinking of alliances and getting rid of more strong players?" Or it's because he was pretty tight with Colby ages ago and knew he was on the block?
    either way it is a dumbass strategy, "let's dwindle down to nothing as soon as possible before the merge"
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

From the Bloc
    vCash
    It's interesting to me that each week the Heroes seem to have new criteria for voting, and yet three weeks in a row, it's been a woman eliminated.

Shadow dancing
    vCash
    Well, Sugar was a no-brainer. Stephanie was Cirie's target, and I'm sure there was some payback for that going on this week as well as self preservation.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Jeff at TC was pretty hard on the Heroes. He's like 'ya voted out Steph' and lost 3 straight challenges. Now you're thinking of alliances and getting rid of more strong players?"
    Jeff was really incredulous that they voted Steph out and went on a real rant in his blog about it. Now Steph is tough and physical and all, but her record in the physical challenges isn't all that great, so I don't know that keeping her would have helped them.

OTOH, Steph said that she is a very good swimmer and there are three? other people on the tribe who can't swim. Swimming may or may not be an issue, though; I don't remember a lot of swimming challenges last season. I think there's too much coral around Samoa for good swimming.

But anyway, having an alliance does you no good if your alliance doesn't make it to the merge--and if you make it to the merge and you are the minority, you are dependent on the strength or weakness of the loyalty in the dominant tribe to determine your fate.

Interestingly enough, both JT and Candice talk about that in confessionals and seem to be counting on the Villians to splinter after the merge. That may be; Parvati has a clip where she says that every member of her tribe seems to be adhering to Sandra's "anyone but me" strategy and she thinks it won't work because you need at least a couple of people you trust to help you through the game. The Villians, however, all know how the game is played, understand the numbers and don't particularly like the Heroes, so I'm not convinced they won't stick together. Unlike JT, Colby and Tom, they aren't interested in having "the good guys" win.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    to Tom for the way he played the Idol. "I wanted to save this for us until the merge." He's thinking ahead in the game and taking a shot at his teammates. Will it go back into hiding in camp now?
    Oh dear please god NO. Although it probably will.

vCash
    I'm also with the half that was sad to see Cirie go I don't think she's that bad at challenges, and in Micronesia I remember her really helping her tribe in puzzle challenges. I don't think she was to blame for a lot of the Heroes losses, and don't understand why she was targeted when Tom was the one who lost the last immunity challenge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iloveemoticons View Post
    I'm also with the half that was sad to see Cirie go I don't think she's that bad at challenges, and in Micronesia I remember her really helping her tribe in puzzle challenges. I don't think she was to blame for a lot of the Heroes losses, and don't understand why she was targeted when Tom was the one who lost the last immunity challenge.
    Tom didn't single-handedly lose the last immunity challenge - every single person on the tribe who had a turn and lost a point to the other tribe contributed to that loss, and Cirie was one of them. I really hate the way those point challenges make it look like the task is won or lost based on the last person's performance. But Cirie wasn't booted because of her performance at challenges at all, it was for her brain and strategical thinking.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Point challenge? There was a globe challenge where Russell S fainted last time, and Tom was the one directing everyone. He didn't single handedly lose, but if you choose to take the lead in something like that and it fails, then you are more responsible for it than your teammates are. It was a close challenge so it's not like Tom was horrible or deserved to go because of it, but I don't think Cirie deserved to go either. JT's been randomly gunning for Candace too, who hasn't been bad in challenges and isn't particularly strategic, so I'm not sure what he's thinking. Cirie is a threat, but I think JT is going to be in serious trouble if he truly thinks Tom and Colby are trustworthy down the line (he seems to think they're "good guys" for whatever reason?) I don't think Tom trusts JT after the Stephanie vote.

vCash
    ... but I think JT is going to be in serious trouble if he truly thinks Tom and Colby are trustworthy down the line (he seems to think they're "good guys" for whatever reason?) I don't think Tom trusts JT after the Stephanie vote.
    I think you are correct. Tom is very loyal, logical and has a good memory. I think his bond with Colby is good. But Tom is there to win, he will probably want to get rid of JT at some point, but right now, drag him along. But I also think Tom would drop Colby at an opportune time.

Cirie - even though her strategy and social game is her strength, and lack of physical strength is her weakness, I think not as much as one thinks. Especially in her first season, she was so underestimated. But I think Cirie, Rob and Parvarti are ones to get rid of first, as they are such social threats and endear themselves.

Also forgot to comment - as much as James needs to go, I enjoyed the eye candy during the challenge that is shirtless James. If he keeps his mouth shut, he can stay awhile. But I think future of James and Amanda has really been disrupted with Cirie's departure.

vCash
    JT's point made to Tom in the first EP about needing to go to the final 2 with someone else who had won makes a lot of sense. Because this is an all-start show, the dynamics of the game play are different as we are seeing.

I thought voting out Cirie was a good idea, because she really knows how to play the social game. But if I was on the heroes, I'd really be thinking about getting JT out, because you don't want to go to the merge agains a guy like that who can win every individual immunity.

Coach's "sensitivity" was amazing. How could he get his feelings that hurt over that type of a comment? Sandra seems meaner this time around, but come on Coach, get over yourself.

BTW, these complicated voting schemes are a tricky business. If the five had just all voted for Colby it would have been a done deal. But no, they had to over think it.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
    But I think future of James and Amanda has really been disrupted with Cirie's departure.
    According to JT, the core alliance on the Heroes tribe is JT, Amanda, James and Rupert. One reason JT was willing to turn on Cirie was because he didn't feel that he owed her any loyalty as he didn't have an alliance with her.

Now whether James and Amanda had made an alliance with Cirie on the side or not is something I don't know. But I thought it was really interesting that JT didn't consider Cirie part of the group, especially since Cirie has indicated a couple of times that she wasn't in an alliance with Amanda and didn't feel any particular loyalty to her.

vCash
    Point challenge? There was a globe challenge where Russell S fainted last time, and Tom was the one directing everyone.
    Sorry, I was confusing the reward challenge with the immunity challenge. I think in challenges like that with one leader and a bunch of followers a bad leader can ruin any chance of winning, but even a good leader can end up with a loss due to how the rest of the participants listen - it's not easy to pin that on any one person either unless there's one person who is clearly screwing up. Sometimes a lot of people doing well can fail because they aren't working as a team. I'd say Tom did a good job leading through that challenge but Rob knows how to direct his whole tribe and the Villains in general are just more focused.

But my original point was that this vote had nothing to do with challenge performance and I stand by that.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    I'm confused about something (and still don't know names). When they were deciding who to vote out on the Heros tribe, Tall Girl said "3 vote for Colby, 3 Vote for Tom. If he doesn't play idol they are tied so we vote again and Colby and Tom don't get to vote, then the 6 of us vote one of them out." I thought that when there was a tie, there is a revote but you CANNOT even vote for the 2 people who were tied? Meaning if Tom did not play idol, JT did not flip, Vote is 3 Colby, 3 Tom, 2 Cirie ... they revote but Tom/Colby cannot vote and YOU also cannot vote for them??? So the 6 of them would have had to vote out one of their own alliance??

vCash
    No, in the event of a tie/revote you can vote for the people who were tied. The plan was that, if Tom used the HII, it was guaranteed that his alliance-mate would be gone, but if he didn't use the HII they would all vote for Tom in the revote.

vCash
    There is a two-step process in the event of a tie. The first step is as genevieve (and Candice on Survivor) said where the two people who are on the chopping block don't vote and the rest of the tribe re-votes. If the tie is broken then, as happened last season when John switched his vote, then nothing further happens and the person with the most votes on the re-vote is gone. If the tie remains, then the two people who were going to be voted out are both safe and everyone else picks rocks to determine who is voted out. We've never seen the second step except in Season 4, which was a bit of a bastardization (because the two who were up for elimination were not declared safe). Clear as mud?
    Last edited by Erin; 03-08-2010 at 02:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    No, in the event of a tie/revote you can vote for the people who were tied. The plan was that, if Tom used the HII, it was guaranteed that his alliance-mate would be gone, but if he didn't use the HII they would all vote for Tom in the revote.
    ...which I thought was a very good plan. How did it get screwed up?

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast