Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "24"

vCash
    I thought the change in Dana's role was pretty lame. It felt forced. So far, she's been pretty wimpy, and suddenly she's all macho and active?

I agree about the security clearance issues, unless the country she's working for have some kickass ability to falsify documents and backgrounds... and I'm not buying that.

The security checks to work for a place like the CIA or etc. are extensive. They actually go talk to people from your background, in person. They'll interview your highschool friends. I have no idea how this character could have gotten around that kind of background check.

And I totally do not believe that in a high security facility like CTU, that parole officer would have been able to leave his conference room and wander, as he did. Even in my old company, which was merely medical devices with government contracts, that could not happen. It literally wasn't possible for a guest to leave and wander without causing immediate notice.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Tick, tick... time's up for TV drama 24

Fox announced on Friday that its action-packed real-time show starring Kiefer Sutherland as anti-terrorism agent Jack Bauer will wind down at the end of its current eighth season on May 24.
    Inevitable, but

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Actually, there's been talk that one of the other networks might pick up the show.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I thought it might go one more year.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    I hope another network picks it up for a final season. As good as parts of this one has been so far, it doesn't feel satisfying for being a "final" season (mostly because of the Dana storyline).

That said, Chloe rocks!
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    There's also some talk about a movie franchise. Which would be great.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    I'd already reported that the show was ending this season, back in another "24" thread*. I actually found it odd that this official announcement came so much later than my knowledge of the event. I'm not normally that tied in!

They've said that they plan to do films.

*Or I *thought* that I had. I could swear I did, but now I can't find that thread! I thought I posted it here, but maybe I only told my husband.
    Last edited by GarrAarghHrumph; 03-27-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    I heard that NBC may pick up 24.

vCash
    Way to go Chloe! She DOES have guts!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    They've said that they plan to do films.
    Oh, no, does that mean the movies will be 24 hours long? Or instead of "24" will the movie be called "2?" That said, I would love to see 24 on the big screen!

vCash
    I'm waiting for the cougar to show up and catch Dana. She's had 2 emotions this year - constipated and pissy. The storyline is an insult - if she was a stone cold killer, she would have offed the deadbeat ex and his friend hours ago.

Glad Renee got out of Jack's apartment and back into the story. But seriously - they shot at each other for 50 minutes and she took out 2 guys within 30 seconds? Should have kept her on scene, the rods would have been locked down, CTU wouldn't be EMPed and President Pompadour would be off looking pensive.

vCash
    I'm more in complete shock that I can wonder in this thread and not be spoilt as in the UK we are getting the episode aired a couple of days after it goes out in the US!!

I have loved the series and would continue watching if it was to continue but I think they've done all they can with it now. We're starting to get similar/same storylines with slightly different biological/nucelar threats, one mole, one kidnap, one duh-duh-DUH oh my god that character's come back...it's all getting a bit "by numbers" now and the "shock/surprise" things that happen are not really shocking or surprising as we now expect them.

I think films would definitely be good, but fail to see how it can translate across to the cinema - like someone said will it be called "2". Without the "real time" (which is getting more and more stretched nowadays anyway) it would just be another Bourne-type film (not that there's anything wrong with that) but I wonder if it might lose some of its appeal. I can't see what storylines they could come out with either.

Ant

vCash
    I was worried about this season retrogressing into its usual twists, but this most recent two hour episode was just...wow. They've only had the silent clock a few times, and it just drove home the drama.

Now the biggest question is "Now what?"

vCash
    I noticed the silent clock, too, and went hmmnnnn..... now what does that mean? I enjoyed the episode, too.

Regarding the real time thing, I noticed the clock on the split screen is right in synch with my DVR recording time until somewhere in the last 10 minutes. At that corresponding commercial break, the time on the 24 clock jumps forward about 4 minutes. They never used to do that, and it was annoying me when I noticed it was over well before the end of the hour on my DVR clock.

vCash
    I thought the plot lines supposedly ended last episode were done for good, but there were so many interesting developments.

But then ending to this episode...the set up for it was long and obvious, but I both love and hate the writers for it. I felt like throwing something at the TV, but in a good way if that makes any sense

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CantALoop View Post
    ...the set up for it was long and obvious, but I both love and hate the writers for it. I felt like throwing something at the TV, but in a good way if that makes any sense

I knew it was coming and I still got REALLY pissed when it happened. Then I got even madder because I couldn't enjoy the acting because I was fuming.

Very unsatisfying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I think it's still speculation. In any event, the producers said they would never kill Jack.

I laugh out loud every time I see Bollywood guy's hairdo. He's apparently a huge star in the Bollywood movies. Different cultures have different aesthetic values I guess.
    Does he play President Hassan? I wonder if it bothers people who are of Middle Eastern or South Asian ancestry that Hollywood considers them all interchangeable?

vCash
    Yep, I *knew* that person would die as soon as the "commitments" started being made...and I'm not sure if I like or hate that it was so predictable...
    just my two cents...

vCash
    Well, who would have guessed that Chloe would end up in charge? And doing a good job at it!

I, too, was not surprised at the death in the episode. Interesting that the clock has gone silent for the last two significant deaths....

vCash
    Anybody still watching? I have been enjoying it a lot, and I think Kiefer's been doing a job this season. I was surprised and yet not surprised when he killed Dana in cold blood. That's the first time he's murdered someone outright, when he wasn't threatened in some way or someone else's life wasn't at stake, isn't it? Jack has done a lot of bad things but that has to be the worst.... Also really interested in Logan's part in the day's activities and really want to just smack Taylor upside the head for being so stupid. You just know this isn't going to end well....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast