Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Yeah, but Ru Paul also has TALENT and can pull off catty without being bitchy, and Tyra seems to be sorely deficient in those areas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    In this case, I guess I'll be rooting for Raven

vCash
    Season Finale tonight! May the best wo-man win!

vCash
    Raven FTW! Love that bitch, despite her odd Tatiana Sucks obsession. She's the least likely winner, though, unless Ru does the black girl white girl rotational thing that Tyra Banks has perfected.

Methinks it'll probably be the Other Tyra, who has always looked great but, really think about it, has done or said nothing particularly memorable or fabulous on the stage or in a challenge. 2nd most likely is that the haven't-won-a-runway-challenge-yet "underdog" Juju wins. I just pray that Juju will forego any backless dresses tonight.

Any and all criteria, though, is pretty much just for shits and grins. Ru probably made up her mind in Week 2 (if not upon viewing the audition vids).

vCash
    Are people still watching this season? I gave it up after Pandora left. :p

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    JuJu is a clear winner for me. I know she hasn't won any of the runway challenges or whatever they are but she has been solid and she looks FLAWLESS. Raven was in the bottom too much and I think kept around for drama. Tyra is not deserving and if she wins it will look like they are attempting to stick with the beautiful black drag queen. This is really REALLY common in the pageant system down here, the pretty black girls win every time. Not saying anyone is racist or that it is wrong but that seems to be what is in lately as far as looks go in the drag world.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Who won?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Who won?
    The one
    You
    Recall
    As the cattiest of the bunch

vCash
    Hmmm, interesting indeed...they went with the predictable winner. I would have loved to have seen JuJu take it.
    -Brian

vCash
    I like Juju too. But I really think Raven is a much better (and experienced) performer. Juju's fashion style was kinda strange in a way. IMHO, RuPaul picked Tyra was because of Tyra's homeless situation. Tyra needs a break in real life.

Besides, RuPaul is already hiring Pandora Boxx, Raven and Juju for the RuPaul Drag U. They're all winners!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luenatic View Post
    I like Juju too. But I really think Raven is a much better (and experienced) performer. Juju's fashion style was kinda strange in a way. IMHO, RuPaul picked Tyra was because of Tyra's homeless situation. Tyra needs a break in real life.

Besides, RuPaul is already hiring Pandora Boxx, Raven and Juju for the RuPaul Drag U. They're all winners!
    Agreed. I think the sad story swayed Ru to got with Tyra. But, she did kick butt in the lip-synch for your life finale. Still, I would've gone with Raven. There was something really gorgeously creepy about her

vCash
    I found Raven to be really attractive out of drag. Not sure what that says about my tastes...
    -Brian

vCash
    People referring to the first Drag Race winner as "beautiful" must have just gotten out of prison! She had style and that amazing attitude, but beautiful? NOT! Wesley Snipes in "To Wong Foo" comes to mind.

I'm so happy for Tyra (who IS a stunningly beautiful black drag queen). I thought she was a total *itch initially, but she gradually changed during the competition (and, she worked the final lip-sync!). She came across very well during the reunion show.

Raven is the bitter *itch, and she deserved the tongue-lashing she got during the reunion.

vCash
    Raven looked awful during the reunion show. His walk down the runway was so manly, he truly looked like a man in a wig. I don't remember him looking that bad on the show. Tatiana is just gorgeous but I do think she is just a face. I think the reason she gets so defensive about it is because she knows it is true and is jealous of all her peers who have actual talent to use on stage.
    -Brian

vCash
    I disagree. Tatiana was fantastic and hilarious as Britney Spears and I think has amazing comedic potential as well as being very pretty in drag. I think she might just be a little lazy.

Pandora Boxx shoulda won it. Tyra is boring.

vCash
    I thought Tatiana was awesome as Britney as well but she admitted she had never even done someone else in drag and it was her very first time giving Britney a shot (she didn't even have a blonde wig). So was that luck or was that a real talent? Was she just trying to psych out the competition by claiming she had never imitated anyone and then BAM, I'm Britney Bitch!!!
    -Brian

vCash
    Doesn't matter - she was brilliant which points to some talent, even if she's just as surprised as the rest of us.

vCash
    Did anyone see the reunited, aftermath episode?

Sonique - not a transvestite, but a transsexual

Rebecca - loads of animosity towards Raven that I didn't know about

Tatianna and Raven had it out, but hugged in the end

Pandora Boxx - Lost her father during the series

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Did anyone see the reunited, aftermath episode?
    I happened upon it on VH1 while channel surfing. It was bizarre and fascinating. Having not seen the series, I didn't know any of the history, but the cat fights at the reunion were fabulous.

Even more interesting to see the queens without their makeup. Oh, the tranny confession was very interesting.

vCash
    I missed the beginning of the reunion, that must have been when Sonique admitted to being a transexual. Is that against the rules or anything? I assume it is not but I know in the pageant system you have to be careful, some pageants strictly forbid anyone enter who has taken any hormones or who has had any reconstruction done (face and boobs would be the main factors, here).
    -Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast