Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by suep1963 View Post
    ...When I was in HS, some friends of mine got into a "Christian" group. (I use the term loosely) It didn't matter that I was active in my church (protestant), I did not go into raptures over their ideas of what was godly and wouldn't attend their bible group. I did go once, and never was interested in going back. So I was told by one of the girls (who had been my bff since grade school) that she had visions of me burning in hell because I wasn't saved...
    The irony is that this is the jihadi mindset as well. You're either their kind of Muslim or you're an infidel. The Soul Patrollers I encountered during my college days were similar in their insistence on defining what was 'appropriate' behavior for African-American students. Pains in the a$$, all of 'em.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    What are Soul Patrollers, Civic? I've never heard of them before.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What are Soul Patrollers, Civic? I've never heard of them before.
    Soul Patrollers were what we called African-American students who were really into Afrocentrism and thought other African-American students should be as well. To be fair, many of them were decent people who participated in worthy activities like tutoring black kids in inner-city schools. However, their self-righteousness and pushiness were real turnoffs for me. Having grown up with strict parents, the last thing I wanted in college was for someone else telling me what to do.

In hindsight, I realize the Soul Patrollers and I dealt with our shared situation differently. I'd been around working class black folks all my life and wanted to see what else was out there. I viewed my college years as a time to explore the world beyond my community of origin. In contrast, Soul Patrollers dealt with being black at our overwhelming white, affluent college by focusing on their ties to working class black folks and the broader Black Diaspora.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    Can you explain to this poor born and raised Catholic girl - who can God hate anyone? It does not make sense to me...
    If you want to know their beliefs, you should go to their website. Their "interpretation" of the Bible is quite, um, interesting.

vCash

AAAARRGG, BILLY BOY!

This group had a creative approach: http://www.venganza.org/2008/09/26/a-proud-day

Now if there were a similar countergroup dressed as Muppets or in Star Trek costumes....

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    What is funnier is that the signs saying “God hates shrimp — Leviticus” and “God hates cotton-polyester blends” are accurate!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash
    Yeah that's the point.

God Hates WBC because they dress in mixed fibres.

Comansnala?
    vCash

God Hates Lady Gaga

Looks like in go(o)d company, I cannot stand her either ...

vCash

mockery is the sincerest form of flattery.....

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    The University of Oregon (or at least an all-male a capella group there) must not be in God's good graces either.

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345