Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Meryl and Charlie will headline "Ice Chips" in Boston

http://www.scboston.org/about_news_20100125.php

Exciting news about Meryl and Charlie performing in Boston in April!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopysnake View Post
    http://www.scboston.org/about_news_20100125.php

Exciting news about Meryl and Charlie performing in Boston in April!
    How cool! Thanks for the heads up!

vCash
    Ryan Bradley has also been added: Ice Chips official site

Show Dates & Times
    Saturday, April 10 – 1:00pm
    Saturday, April 10 – 7:00pm
    Sunday, April 11 – 2:00pm

Bright Arena
    Harvard University Athletic Complex
    Soldiers Field Road
    Allston, MA

vCash
    Cool. . . but kind of close to the Jimmy Fund's annual fundraiser, Evening with Champions (April 16-17), in the same arena on the Harvard campus. I guess you can definitely get your fill of benefiting good causes by seeing great skaters!

vCash
    So far it appears that the roster of skaters featured may be different. Nav/Bombs are the ice dancers in the latter and Evora and Ladwig will appear at An Evening with Champions as well. They still have to announce who the "young, current" skaters are soon.

This show generally happens in October, but I guess Harvard was dissuaded from doing it then because of the Olympics and the frenzied schedule of the skaters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    So far it appears that the roster of skaters featured may be different. Nav/Bombs are the ice dancers in the latter and Evora and Ladwig will appear at An Evening with Champions as well. They still have to announce who the "young, current" skaters are soon.

This show generally happens in October, but I guess Harvard was dissuaded from doing it then because of the Olympics and the frenzied schedule of the skaters.
    For some reason, I thought Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates were going to be performing at this show when I checked a few months ago. Perhaps they couldn't make it or they're the "young, current skaters"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    For some reason, I thought Emily Samuelson and Evan Bates were going to be performing at this show when I checked a few months ago. Perhaps they couldn't make it or they're the "young, current skaters"?
    You might be right and I might be wrong. I'll check.

Kimberly Navarro and Brent Bommentre, 2010 National Pewter Medalists per the website. I hope that they do add some younger skaters. Otherwise, we looking at what is relatively speaking, a geriatric cast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Show Dates & Times
    Saturday, April 10 – 1:00pm
    Saturday, April 10 – 7:00pm
    Sunday, April 11 – 2:00pm

Bright Arena
    Harvard University Athletic Complex
    Soldiers Field Road
    Allston, MA
    So, Ice Chips occurs at Harvard at the above dates, Stars On Ice hits the Boston on April 11 at 4pm, and the 40th Annual Evening With Champions takes place at Harvard April 16-17! WOW - that's a lot of skating within seven days for the folks of Boston.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceChannel View Post
    So, Ice Chips occurs at Harvard at the above dates, Stars On Ice hits the Boston on April 11 at 4pm, and the 40th Annual Evening With Champions takes place at Harvard April 16-17! WOW - that's a lot of skating within seven days for the folks of Boston.
    Helps make up for not having COI anymore.

Cast changes have plagued EWC in recent years. Skaters' Grand Prix training and competition schedules have conflicted with its traditional October date. The recent casts have been less stellar than in the past.

vCash
    Wheeee I can't wait to see Meryl & Charlie skate live!

vCash
    I called the Harvard Box Office today, and they said they haven't received any ticketing information about Ice Chips yet, even though the website says you can buy them online through the Harvard Box Office's website. Just thought I'd pass this info along, if anyone else is trying to buy tickets just yet.

vCash
    Just bumping this thread back up for this weekend's shows!

AYS's snark-sponge
    vCash
    The BlueRidge gang will be at the Saturday afternoon show!
    Congratulations 2014 World Ice Dance Champions Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte!!!

vCash
    I'm confused as to how Davis and White can be doing both SOI and Ice Chips. They are still listed for the NJ and Boston SOI shows this week-end http://www.starsonice.com/figure-ska...ickets&id=1010
    http://www.starsonice.com/figure-ska...ickets&id=1011

I suppose on Sunday they could skate early in the Ice Chips show, then be over at the SOI show for 4???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skamper23 View Post
    I'm confused as to how Davis and White can be doing both SOI and Ice Chips. They are still listed for the NJ and Boston SOI shows this week-end http://www.starsonice.com/figure-ska...ickets&id=1010
    http://www.starsonice.com/figure-ska...ickets&id=1011

I suppose on Sunday they could skate early in the Ice Chips show, then be over at the SOI show for 4???
    I called the Skating Club of Boston a week or two ago, and they said that on Sunday, the order of performances will be different so that D/W will be done in time to make it to SOI. So they will be at all 3 Ice Chips shows.

vCash
    I think I read that in an article or maybe in the D/W thread. I can't believe how busy they are these days!

vCash
    It's my understanding that the Saturday 1pm show has been sold out. Parking can sometimes be an issue and depending on what other sporting events are going on at Harvard, you could end up across the street. On Sunday, there is an MS walk in that area, but I think it should be over by 1:30pm.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    They're still listed on the SOI site for the East Rutherford show on Saturday, 10 April, at 7:30. Even if they were to skate in Boston at 7pm sharp, even by private plane, it's hard to see how they'd make it to East Rutherford before the show ended.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Both the Skating Club of Boston and the Harvard Box Office are selling tickets for Ice Chips, so in case one is sold out, try the other.

I'm thinking D/W won't be at the NJ SOI show.

vCash
    I went to the Evening with Champs website. Is the cast listed the one from last year? Anybody knows who may show up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast