Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Please If you're going to use that philosophy then you could argue that Belbin and Agosto took an Olympic spot away from another team since they have (most likely) retired and knew they would do so before the end of the season.

G/D earned their spot. Enough said!
    I never said they didn't earn their spot. But I do believe that staying together just to do a major competition takes away the points that the remaining teams have to earn.

vCash
    IF better teams were deserving they would have placed over them... JMHO.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Well I really can't believe Kawaguchi seriously plans to keep competing, considering her shoulder issues. If she plans surgery, wouldn't the recovery take ages?
    It's reported the surgery was made a couple of days ago in Japan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    It's reported the surgery was made a couple of days ago in Japan.
    Thanks.

As for G/D, they are both going to continue skating (or at least one of them is looking for a partner) so it's not like their JW experience was a "waste." (And in any case, they did earn it).

vCash
    Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Please If you're going to use that philosophy then you could argue that Belbin and Agosto took an Olympic spot away from another team since they have (most likely) retired and knew they would do so before the end of the season.

G/D earned their spot. Enough said!
    Totally agree!! Whether they are still skating together or not, they totally deserved the spot at Junior Worlds and good for them for going and finishing the season!

vCash
    Chad Tsagri (as mentioned above) and Maria Sergejeva are both listed on ice partner search. Does anyone know reasons behind these splits and if the other 'halves' are still skating/with new partners? Maybe the two of them could team up together!

vCash
    I think *results consistently in the gutter* is a good enough reason to split up that one need not pry and look for other causes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    Has anyone heard who Chris Knierim is skating with? He was never listed on ice partnersearch so one would have to assume that he found a partner.
    Knierim is newly listed there as of today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect Edge View Post
    Chad Tsagri (as mentioned above) and Maria Sergejeva are both listed on ice partner search. Does anyone know reasons behind these splits and if the other 'halves' are still skating/with new partners? Maybe the two of them could team up together!
    It's been posted already in this thread that Maria Sergejeva has outgrown Ilja Glebov. They've started to struggle with some of the pair elements as a result. Maria is very tall for a pair skater now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEGIRLS2 View Post
    I never said they didn't earn their spot. But I do believe that staying together just to do a major competition takes away the points that the remaining teams have to earn.
    Perhaps that implies to the other Gilles as well?? I heard Todd and Jane also split, rumor was there before the 4CC Maybe the siblings can team up?

vCash
    Why not? It worked for the Kerrs.

vCash
    Not really surprised to hear about Gilles/Donohue (after their post-skate/KnC interactions at Nationals) but wasn't really expecting Summersett/Gilles to split. I can see where they'd feel stuck behind C/Z, H/H, etc but I really enjoyed them. Any idea if they'll look for new partners?

I can't really picture Piper & Todd together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ICEGIRLS2 View Post
    How nice - taking a spot from a deserving team.
    Who was the deserving team , your daughter ? If they were so deserving they would have gone on their own merit , not by default ! Gilles/ Donahue earned the spot and deserved the experience!

vCash
    None of us know what Gilles/Donahue's though process was. Maybe they saw junior worlds as a "last chance" and that if they did well/scored well, they would stay together, but since they were somewhat dumped score-wise decided not to.

Quadless
    vCash

Pairs Skating Solo

I just came across this video of Drew Meekins doing a solo exhibition number (and showing some Shawn Sawyer-like flexibility):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRurzFgo5wg

Someone find this man a partner!
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by footwork View Post
    Who was the deserving team , your daughter ? If they were so deserving they would have gone on their own merit , not by default ! Gilles/ Donahue earned the spot and deserved the experience!
    G/D are not the first team, and certainly not the last to go the JWs or Worlds for that matter and then move on to new partners. Give them a break. They earned their trip to JWs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhumba View Post
    Perhaps that implies to the other Gilles as well?? I heard Todd and Jane also split, rumor was there before the 4CC Maybe the siblings can team up?
    No!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    I just came across this video of Drew Meekins doing a solo exhibition number (and showing some Shawn Sawyer-like flexibility):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRurzFgo5wg

Someone find this man a partner!
    YES PLEASE!! I can't think of anyone he'd be a good match with though. If he could only grow a a few inches...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    YES PLEASE!! I can't think of anyone he'd be a good match with though. If he could only grow a a few inches...
    Or they could apply some Super Shrink-It to Julia Vlassov and get her back to her former height. . . He really, really needs a partner! Feels like his talent is being wasted! (and his 'traditional' position spiral is really, really gorgeous.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OlieRow View Post
    Drew's not short! He's three or four inches taller than Rockne, for starters, and he's taller than Jeremy Barrett too. He's almost 5' 11".

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast