Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    aspiring tri-national
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    who went home and who won?

I came here to find out too but this is not the right place. All the skating fans deserted PR at about 10:40 EST.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    who went home and who won?
    Jay won. Pamela went home.

vCash
    I looove Ping, but she got off lucky this week! Based on the burlap sack design alone, she deserved to go over Pamela.

vCash
    Ping's horrendous POS "not" getting her eliminated. Hilarious .. that was one of the top 10 worst things ever to come down the PR runway. But charming Ping survived.

And I completely agree! Thank you, judges, for keeping someone who has an interesting point of view -- i.e. interesting to we viewers -- versus an obvious throwaway designer. (Learn your lesson, last season, did you?)

No way does Ping survive more than a couple more weeks, but we'll be glad to have her.

To a lesser extent, I feel this is why Jesus wasn't the sacrifice over [whats-her-face ... see, so uninteresting I forgot her name]. He "could" be something. If the boy can escape his cliches, he could win a challenge before going out mid-season.

vCash
    Elizaveta seemed nice, but totally out of place on the runway. Course, her dress didn't help matters any.

vCash
    Sophia is such the diva! Love her, but also love that the gays called her (hairspray her!) for not been prone to smiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    I came here to find out too but this is not the right place. All the skating fans deserted PR at about 10:40 EST.

The Wikipedia page usually gets updated very quickly.

vCash
    I thought this was an interesting challenge.

I loved Jay's dress! It looked couture.

I really liked Anna's dress, it had a very nice shape and I liked the way the "potato" print gave it pattern. It reminded me of Nanette Lepore. Very wearable/stylish for this spring.

I thought Seth Arron's dress was very cool! The skirt was a little too lamp shade rigid. But otherwise, great construction and detail. Loved the way the hood buttoned in front.

I liked Emilio's dress, though he didn't knock it out of the park like last week. It had an interesting structural feel. The only negative is that it was similar in feel to last week's.

Amy's dress, I liked it a lot. But the skirt was too short. It made it look a little like a bunchy skating dress. But I did like the way she dyed it and the handkerchief hems.

I liked the pants outfit Jesse did. I liked the contrasting lapels, etc. And for burlap, it was nicely fitted.

Jonathan's dress with the lace applique was also nice. Again, I could see someone wearing it. Sort of every day dressy.

I liked Mila's dress, but am not liking her so much.

Ping! What to say? She is refreshing. I think that the shapes she creates are interesting and very architectural. I don't think her construction is that great.
    And I don't think she thinks her concepts all of the way through. That may be because of the way she designs. She needs to put it down on paper and look at the proportion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Ping! What to say? She is refreshing. I think that the shapes she creates are interesting and very architectural. I don't think her construction is that great.
    And I don't think she thinks her concepts all of the way through. That may be because of the way she designs. She needs to put it down on paper and look at the proportion.
    How could she not tell her model's behind was completely showing?

I also didn't care for that little fabric rose she put at the shoulder--it aged the entire dress.

vCash
    This show like AI has become predictable and boring!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post

I also didn't care for that little fabric rose she put at the shoulder--it aged the entire dress.
    I think it's all part of the way she designs by draping fabric over herself. She is tiny, her model is not so petite. She realized the skirt was showing the model's behind before it went down the runway, but too late. All she needed to do, at that point, was to have closed the slit. It's not like the skirt was tight enough or long enough to restrict walking, and it would have at least helped. And after Tim mentioned the shortness of the skirt, she should have fixed it. Not even thinking in terms of the model's but showing the skirt ws proportionately too short. It should have been knee length and dramatically tapered (kind of carrot shaped), to balance the very fitted top and very wide hip. She needs experience, I don't think she was ready for the show. The little fabric rose is very trendy right now. That sort of thing is all over t-shirts and sweaters. So, while I agree it didn't work on the dress, I'm not as bothered by that. I get the feeling that Ping has great concepts, but doesn't understand how to implement them. I think she would have benefitted from a year of construction education. Even last week's, which was more forgiving, was sloppy. I think that will be her downfall.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I think the models would rather go naked than wear dresses that make their butts look big!
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laurenjm View Post
    This show like AI has become predictable and boring!
    hater! I thought this was a great episode. It's hard to believe all those outfits started out as potato sacks. And giving the designers the exact same starting material really allows their individual skill and creativity to come out.

I agree with cruisin's opinion about Ping. In order to do that sort of abstract draping design well, it really helps if you've got a solid foundation of sewing fitted garments and being able to fit your model. Ping doesn't seem to have that, and as a result her outfits look sloppy. Yes, there's an interesting concept there, but without the necessary skill development, you can't really express it. So I'm pretty much over Ping.

Jay's dress was awesome.

I pitied the PR censors this week.....not only was Ping's model's butt hanging out, but they had to blur Mila's model's chest several times.....that structured swooping v-neck allowed a few nip slips. Nice dress otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    hater! I thought this was a great episode. It's hard to believe all those outfits started out as potato sacks. And giving the designers the exact same starting material really allows their individual skill and creativity to come out.
    I completely agree. I admit I was a bit worried when they got to the farm. I was worried that they would be restricted to only using "farm found" embellishments, that could have been ! But I agree, having the same material really highlighted their creativity and skill. I thought it was a very successful project. There were a lot of very wearable fashions and great ideas.

vCash
    So I watched it until just before the runway show. Like an idiot, I paused it instead of pressing record, and switched over to the skating. I switched back at 11 to find that the pause didn't hold. I missed the whole runway. I will have to wait for a rerun, but I can't believe there was a dress worse than Ping's. I am stunned to read that there was. I think she and her designs are just a mess.

Worst thing is that I don't have internet at home until at least Saturday. Modem died two days ago. It has been maddening. What horrible timing. I am at the public library now just to catch up.

vCash
    Pamela's dress was pretty bad. No butt hanging out, but still bad. The back was cut so badly that the itty bitty runway model who is probably a 0 or a 2 looked like she had a size 10 or 12 behind.

I still think Ping should have gone. So what if she's super creative and innovative. If she can't actually make the design (or even come close to properly fitting it on her model), she doesn't belong in the competition. And it seemed like her "I didn't understand" excuse worked for her which is ridiculous. She understood the challenge until the judges didn't like her dress.

ETA: There's nothing wrong with a size 10 or 12 behind, but no woman wants to be buying clothing that adds 5 or 6 sizes to her butt!

vCash
    I didn't get the sense that Pam's model is itty bitty. She looked rather voluptuous for a model (and I say that based on her look outside the potato sack outfit).

Personally I think Ping should have gone home instead. While Pam's outfit had flaws, it also had positives (like the dye job). To me Ping's negatives greatly outweighed Pam's.

vCash
    I hate to say this, but I think they think Ping is better television.

I actually didn't mind Pam going until the very end. She is soooo nice. But I guess that's a hinderance in fashion

vCash
    I didn't get the sense that Pam's model is itty bitty. She looked rather voluptuous for a model (and I say that based on her look outside the potato sack outfit).

Personally I think Ping should have gone home instead. While Pam's outfit had flaws, it also had positives (like the dye job). To me Ping's negatives greatly outweighed Pam's.

I agree - Ping's outfit was just plain awful in every degree whereas Pam's had pluses and minuses. I still have no idea how Ping ended up in the top 3 last week as that was also an atrocious outfit.

I suspect the produucers think Ping is better TV - but I doubt she will be around in a couple more weeks if she insists on her weird design style - it just doesn't work unless you are the exact size of the model you are making the outfit for.

vCash
    Ping's design aesthetic is too strange to have a place in "mainstream"/mass market design; which, after all, is what PR is looking for.

She seems deliberately obtuse. Her ideas go beyond "pushing the envelope" to being unattractive.
    Her construction skills seem poor.
    Could that be why she drapes everything on herself?

The judges will tire of her soon.
    I already have.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast