Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

vCash
    They've done men's fashion before on the show. It was a disaster.

vCash
    I'm really glad emilio did not win.

vCash
    YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely the right decision. As kinda meh as some of this season was, Seth Aaron's collection truly did knock my socks off. If I had the figure or went to high end places or had lots of money and time to put together those looks, I'd totally wear them.

Seriously, that was one of my favorite collections ever. And Seth Aaron is so adorable. He's what Jeffery wishes he was.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Please tell me this season was better than season six which NZ is showing at the moment. My god its awful. Compared to previous seasons there is a clear lack of talent.

vCash
    Wow. They are pretty much all bitchy on the Reunion show.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Seth Aaaron had my favorite collection but Emilio's final dress was worthy! I am thrilled with the winner because it was my overall favorite collection and he is a LOT nicer than Emilio who came across as a complete tool. I like how he immediately jumped from thinking no one could or should beat him to "you don't need the crown to be King" comment. Goes to show how big his ego is, I don't think he even thinks he lost...
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    that cant be the only time someone called Ping crazy
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Not at first, but it's much better. I think this season had too many designers. Once it gets down to the final ten, it gets much better.

I don't need to see anymore Ping. Ever. But her hat is very cute.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Wow. Jay's a dick for that nasty comment.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Please tell me this season was better than season six which NZ is showing at the moment. My god its awful. Compared to previous seasons there is a clear lack of talent.
    Let me guess - you've got the Irina season going?

So - I'm thrilled Seth Aaron won. Glad the top 3 this season were all and we had a real competition.

But, I thought esosa's collection was getting picked. Guess once he got the 'I'm a bitchy designer who's always right' edit, that we knew he'd be second?

Mila - well, she redeemed herself in the last show. Now she can go back to her piano key fetish and have an awesome life with her B&W and her cute bf.

Reunion show - they're still bringing the Glad esosa got called out on dumping Holly after she saved his arse when he made that bikini mess. Surprised we didn't hear more from Brandise or Mila.

Maya's real reason for leaving is more fleshed out than we heard on the show. I really expected them to trot out esosa's comment about quitters.

Ping is still odd, but her stuff off the show is very whimsical. She's not a clothing designer.

Jesse is still with stupid hair and I like Jay less after his comments about Cieri.

vCash
    He is a dick, and out of line. But much as I love Carrie's look, I can't feel too bad for her. She's made some REALLY bitchy comments about not just Jay, but other designers and her fellow models, so if once she gets an uber-bitchy personal attack maybe it will make her think twice about what she says to others in the future.

Though it did sound like Jay's comment totally brought down the show. I can just see the producers saying, well, that's it folks. G'night. So much for the hour special.
    I'll bet the designers hate each other more now than they did.

vCash
    So happy for Seth Aaron

I am just at the reunion show. Kinda horrified at the behavior displayed

Makes you wonder of people ever think about how what they say will reflect on them in the future. Hello! You are on TV immortalized forever making catty and petty comments. Does not bode well for future employment I would think.

vCash
    I can kinda see why Mila hated Jay so much now. What an immature little shit. Cerri looked like she'd been sucker-punched (and she kinda was).

There were elements of each of the collections that I really liked and elements of each that I hated. That funky patent leather corset thing with the red belt in Seth Aaron's collection was hideous but I loved the last purple dress and the same flowy dress that Nina loved. Emilio is an ass, but that blue coat is amazing. Most of it was just far too basic. As much as people say they want to see designers putting up clothes that real women can wear, Mila is getting very little kudos for doing just that. Her collection was incredibly wearable by women young and old and you wouldn't have to be a toothpick to look good in them. My favorite look was the one Brandise wore and I also loved the purple sweater and white top combo but I hated that boxy tunic that Faith Hill claimed to be her favorite. WTF?

I'm happy with Seth Aaron as the winner because he brought a little more drama to the runway, but I disagreed with Emilio being a second place finisher. I thought Mila's collection was MUCH more interesting and even more commercial.

vCash
    Can someone recap the obnoxious comments made? I didn't watch the reunion show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard View Post
    Can someone recap the obnoxious comments made? I didn't watch the reunion show.
    It wasn't that good. Too short to get in depth on anything.

They played different clips, some of people slamming others, then there were long annoying apology exchanges. Ping cried about nothing (something to do with the Jesse thing) and Nina and Tim told her that she needs to channel her emotions into creativity (in other words, stop crying at the drop of a hat!) so she can succeed as a designer. Emilio whined that he didn't understand why he didn't win if his collection was good, how could the judges like it and yet not let him win (they liked them all...so stfu, Emilio). Nina told him it was more a line than a collection. He said he accepted that, but looked pissed off still.

Nastiest thing said was between Jay and Carri. They showed her saying earlier that his designs only had L.A. or Miami appeal. He then said that he will never use "models with bad teeth and thick legs". The whole room went into awkward silence mode. Someone told him then that she was commenting on his style and he said that is his style--L.A--then I think Anthony prodded him to apologize to Carri. So he did a bit half-heartedly.

Maya attempted to explain her whole leaving thing again. Still vague to me. That she thinks she's not ready because she's too young and that she wants to get to Fashion Week someday "on her own terms".

Nothing very interesting.

vCash
    Between the comment about how Mila was only chosen over him because she has a vagina, and the comments about Cerri, and the fact that he designs for the body of a 12 year old boy, it's pretty evident that Jay really does not like women.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by susan6 View Post
    Between the comment about how Mila was only chosen over him because she has a vagina, and the comments about Cerri, and the fact that he designs for the body of a 12 year old boy, it's pretty evident that Jay really does not like women.
    Which makes him different from half the guys and a good chunk of the women in fashion....how? (Look at how many of the female designers on this or Bravo's knockoff attempts have meltdowns when asked to design for a woman who isn't 5'10" and size two.)

Not that there aren't exceptions. Anthony springs to mind, and Seth Aaron's collection is in fact I think pretty female-friendly. I couldn't wear the SIZE the model is wearing, but I could wear a lot of those shapes. Even Esosa's line is in most cases doable by more than stick figures. (Ironically his two most bland and off-the-rack dresses aren't. If you have hips, thighs or a butt, don't even bother with the plain red or plain blue, or that gawdawful miniskirt thingie.) And Mila had some CUTE stuff in there--I love the mid-60s vibe and some of her dresses have just the right retro touch without being costumes. Jay's stuff....you said it, 12-year-old boy. EMACIATED twelve-year-old boy.

vCash
    Glad for the result.

It will be interesting to see how Seth Aaron transforms his "fashion show" concepts, which I respect and enjoy, into a marketable line.
    I think that he can become a force in the industry.
    He has an established POV, ideas/designs at the ready; and the will/skill to execute them.

Michael Kors seemed to envy his daring and ability. That's a "win" in itself.
    Last edited by skatesindreams; 04-23-2010 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Seth Aaron - Winner! So deserved. SA's runway was outstanding, much more elegant in motion than in the spoiler pics. (Thank goodness the awesomeness of 9 other pieces overcame that purple Barney-meets-Jetsons final garment!) Saw the win coming from a mile away, esp. after reading Tim's comment last week that "one collection stood out far above the others" ... something he'd never say about Emilio's. Found myself teary eyed during SA's candid, right after the show (e.g. "my kids are proud of their father").

No more Anthony on my TV screen! Younger and/or straight folks may think that Miss Sugarbaker was the wittiest thing to grace your TV. But we gay men have heard EVERY SINGLE ONE of his PR lines a hundred times in conversation. Tired stuff. Ain't nothin' original about Anthony. Certainly not his OTT bitchiness and passive aggressiveness ... he's full of resentment and thinks he disguises it perfectly with that big smile and southern drawl. E Television, etal, I beg of you: Don't give this queen a recurring job on TV.

Ping. Still crying, still , still Ping. She's one of the most neurotic folks I've ever seen on TV. And ... she "forgot" that she was on Project Runway? M-kay, methinks she protests too much. All of that said, I have to admit that I still cannot resist liking her. Such is Ping!

Jonathan still came across as a sweetheart. Glad that he was able to apologize to Cerri on screen (even though it's obvious they were already pals again, as she walked for him in his decoy Bryant show).

Brandise is borderline homely looking off the runway, but she was the best model of the 30 we saw in the finale. Perfect "everything" for the design and theme of Mila's collection. Her personality is love-it-or-hate-it .. I love it. She'd be great to have a dinner with.

Jay. Evil little misogynist ... his warts n' all certainly showed themselves during Finale Pts I and II. Bitch boy.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Seth Aaron really did put on a show. It was clearly his point of view, but he stretched himself too. Deserved win (even if I wouldn't wear them). Adorable personality. (And how sweet were Kristina/Valeria too in the recap show).

Emilio's looked much prettier in motion than in the still shots, but it wasn't fashion forward - it was great basic wearable pieces in stand out colors - nice, but not knock outs. Except the last dress -- that was gorgeous.

Mila's was wearable but totally one note. I'd wear the coats in a heartbeat.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast