Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I hate when they dont use the models. While I assume a really good designer can design for anyone in theory, I really dont care if a designer can design for kids or not.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    I'm happy for Anthony, but I preferred Ben's look.

I thought both Anna and Mila's outfits were poorly sewn. I couldn't understand why the judges thought those shorts were well done.
    Seriously, those shorts gave the model what's known as "polterwang". I was waiting for Kors to bust out the phrase "That crotch is insane".

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I would like to see a challenge where they have to design for Michael Kors.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I hate when they dont use the models. While I assume a really good designer can design for anyone in theory, I really dont care if a designer can design for kids or not.
    X
    I'm pre-lepistoff about them having to dress elementary schoolers.

It was acceptable, ala the Christian/Chris season, to dress teenagers for prom ... at least those "clients" were young adults who were nearly full grown and who had a POV. Designing for snot-nosed kids is ridiculous, and so far removed from high fashion it's an insult.

I will take this all back if it gets Mila eliminated, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    X
    I'm pre-lepistoff about them having to dress elementary schoolers.

It was acceptable, ala the Christian/Chris season, to dress teenagers for prom ... at least those "clients" were young adults who were nearly full grown and who had a POV. Designing for snot-nosed kids is ridiculous, and so far removed from high fashion it's an insult.

If you think children cannot have a point of view regarding their own clothing, you clearly have not met and certainly have not shopped with my 7 year old goddaughter. Or my friend's 4 year old daughter who refuses to wear hand me downs from her 6 year old sister if the colors are "not very now". And these little girls have fashion-impaired mothers--women in mom jeans!

vCash
    She'll make a kiddy version of the big star. Her design sense lends itself to kids, unfortunately.

vCash
    Well, I guess you told me. I'm now convinced that these brats will be just as fashion-forward and effective as the PR models.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Well, I guess you told me. I'm now convinced that these brats will be just as fashion-forward and effective as the PR models.
    I dont even care if they are, but I dont really believe it. I dont want the person who makes Garanimals making my clothes so why would I want to watch this? Plus those preview of the kids shrieking, egad, I dont need that at 10 PM. I guess Lifetime wants to make sure I dont miss any of the Olympics.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I liked Emilio's dress, but it was too short - it almost looked like a bathing suit with a skirt. It would be a nice bathing suit.

I think they got it right with Anthony's for spring. I did like Ben's though. Jay's was a great dress, but too pale for the challenge.

The romper was also too short - can't even remember who did it.

Ha, Mila got knocked down a notch. She is one-dimensional, but I guess its her point of view.

Both of the bottom 2 were blah, but Anna's was disjointed and I thought ill-fitting too.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    They may not be fashion forward, but they will have ideas and opinions--which constitutes a point of view. Just because it's not a grown-up one doesn't mean it's not a point of view. And, quite frankly, there have been many models on PR completely lacking in fashion sense. Remember the hideous wedding dress with fabric flowers that Wendy Pepper's model wanted in S1. Several monstrosities have resulted from the models being the clients in challenges.

vCash
    I'd have had Jonathan's Charlie's Angel design or Seth Aaron's form fitting suit in the top three instead of Emilio's red shortie dress. But, yeh, I certainly agreed with the judges' scoring more this week than last. The other "safe" designs were nice but blandly colored, as I recall.
    I felt that Jonathan was wrongly kept out of the top three on a couple of episodes but not so much last night. This didn't seem to me to be one of his stronger outfits.

Then again, the entire collection of outfits last night was one of the least interesting runway shows IMO. And this for Heidi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I dont even care if they are, but I dont really believe it. I dont want the person who makes Garanimals making my clothes so why would I want to watch this? Plus those preview of the kids shrieking, egad, I dont need that at 10 PM. I guess Lifetime wants to make sure I dont miss any of the Olympics.
    OMG, such a snob!
    Your poor kids, if this is your view of children's fashion.

BG, who's off to boycott any episode of top chef where they degrade themselves with a *gasp* desert challenge

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    Your poor kids, if this is your view of children's fashion.
    my kids would be tiffed if they had them

but IMO the fashion is determined by the payor not the wearer, I dont care what anyone thinks if they arent paying the bill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    BUMP

Oooo...now THIS is a challenge. Marie Clare cover. That could potentially be just as huge as winning the show itself. And it's about time they designed for Heidi.
    Call me cynical but I don't expect to see Anthony's dress on the cover of Marie-Claire's April edition. Remember the figure skating costume challenge from Season 3 or the female wrestler costume challenge from Season 4? Sasha Cohen later admitted that she never wore the winning costume because it just wasn't practical. Haved the clients in similar design challenges ever worn the winning design in public?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic View Post
    Call me cynical but I don't expect to see Anthony's dress on the cover of Marie-Claire's April edition. Remember the figure skating costume challenge from Season 3 or the female wrestler costume challenge from Season 4? Sasha Cohen later admitted that she never wore the winning costume because it just wasn't practical. Haved the clients in similar design challenges ever worn the winning design in public?
    I believe that Nazri wore Uli's dress for a magazine shoot (not the cover) and that Iman wore Daniel's dress in the last Season 2 challenge to an event.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    As atonement for her sins, Nancy O'Dell wore the Wendy Pepper dress to the Music Awards.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Didn't Santino win the challenge to design a dress for Nicky Hilton? I remember I liked it - did she wear it?

I guess we don't know about Christina Aguilera either?

vCash
    Miss USA wore Kayne's dress. Or Miss America. One of those.

Anthony's dress was more spring and April-y, but Ben's dress would have looked fantastic on Heidi. I think it would have been fair either way. I'm holding judgment on the kid episode. At least it's different. And kiddie clothing is really profitable, so if these designers can do it well, it might be a smart move on their part to add a kid line.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    As atonement for her sins, Nancy O'Dell wore the Wendy Pepper dress to the Music Awards.
    Yes - but it was certainly "cleaned" up and edited a tad to better suit her figure!!!

I think Marie Claire will have Heidi on the cover with that dress - it was the promise of the challenge and to renage on that would be wrong IMHO!!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Miss USA wore Kayne's dress. Or Miss America. One of those.
    yes, she did - in the Miss Universe pageant. Tara Connor, Miss USA with the alcool.

And Tiki Barber wore his too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZANy-nusqwI
    Last edited by Rob; 02-12-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast