Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    vCash
    I can't believe anyone would wear Mila's stuff. Boxy kindergarten art projects. Hideous. All of it. Except Brandise's jacket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Jay's stuff....you said it, 12-year-old boy. EMACIATED twelve-year-old boy.
    Well ... I don't know whether that's fair for the season as a whole ... Jay got criticism from the judges several times for designing outfits that actually highlighted women's hips. Apparently it was one of the things that he and Tim Gunn disagreed about. Here are some of his comments from an interview:

I did a lot of things that exaggerate the femaleís butt, and they didnít like that. I think that was one of the things that I wanted to focus on, and have women feel comfortable: that no matter how much I try to make your ass look big, it donít matter what people say about it. Itís all about the confidence you have to wear the pieces I make for you. Most of the time, [Tim] didnít agree with that. Like, I donít know if you noticed ó in this one challenge, I added these, kind of like, buff things on the side of the pants, and once again I exaggerated that part of a femaleís body. And my burlap dress, I made the ass ginormous, and the Heidi challenge, I made another dress thatís volumetric. I think those are the things we disagreed upon. He didnít necessarily disagree on my point of view, he disagreed with that kind of thing that I always do.

vCash
    Seth Aaron's Project Runway highlights reel. The intro reminded me that (until ~the second episode) I was expecting SA to be an arrogant douchebag ... and Emilio to perhaps be my favorite.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    No one but someone with the butt of a prepubescent boy wants to ADD bulk, or can without looking gigantic. I mean, really, does he honestly think any average woman goes into a store and buys something to deliberately make her look wider?

And yes, I'd wear some of Mila's a-line mini/mididresses, at least if they were a color other than gray. THAT was my complaint, there was no color at all. Then Emilo had HIDEOUS colors. Seth Aaron got it just about right. (Except I don't get the purple one, especially with his "inspiration"--so, if the brief was 1940s Russian and German uniforms, because nothing says fashion-forward like Soviets and Nazis, what the heck was that? The little frilly number Stalin liked to slip into after dinner when he was alone? The first clue Hitler had that the head of the SA wasn't like the other boys? It was like "Here's patents and metalics and bright reds with sharp angles and now here's a ruffly purple number tied down with the leftover leather bits".)

vCash
    I guess Seth Aaron and I are the only ones who liked the purple. I thought the color and sheen of the fabric were beautiful and loved that he was able to do volume in a way that didn't make his model look huge (Jay).

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    I don't know that it was necessarily bad (if anything it was a little predictably high-fashion), it just kind of stuck out weirdly to me in light of the rest of the collection.

At least it didn't do so the way Emilio's last dress did--ie "MAN, this is so awesome, it makes the rest of the collection look like crap!"

vCash
    Pretty happy that Seth Aaron won. So glad it wasn't Mila--she was so boring.

vCash
    I actually loved Mila's and Seth Aaron's - I thought the blue coat of Emilio's looked a bit like a snuggie with a buckle I also thought his collection was boring - that red dress I think the gold end dress walked weirdly, and didn't connect to the rest of the collection. The right person won, but I think Mila should have been second. I liked the purple dress of Seth Aaron's - it's the runway!

vCash
    Just watched the finale. I think I'll skip the reunion based on the reports above.

I'm so glad that Seth Aaron won! He had the most outfits that I liked (aside from the purple). It was sweet seeing him celebrating with his family. I laughed at the lineup of SA, family, model and Tim Gunn on the end. I don't know why, but it was funny.

I was at Emilio's color choices. I don't care what the judges say, that print is ugly. I groaned every time it made its way down the runway in one form or another. The only piece I liked was the blue coat. The color was his best choice.

Mila was meh to me. Just more of the same from the season with younger styling choices.

vCash
    Everyone else may already know this, but I just found out that Mila is/was one of the costumers for Dancing with the Stars. In fact she's done a lot of really high profile work. Her IMDB page. She was definitely the right choice for Austin Powers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gingercrush View Post
    Please tell me this season was better than season six which NZ is showing at the moment. My god its awful. Compared to previous seasons there is a clear lack of talent.
    It's better than season six, but not by much. It is better, but after all the criticism of last season, the will to have it be better eclipses everything. The final 3 collections were kinda so-so but the judges insisted on insisting that they were the 3 best collections in PR history.

As we've seen in past seasons (Kara Sun, Daniel V, etc...) the one who wins a ton of challenges isn't assured the win. But this season, all those challenges were won with pretty basic boring stuff the judges kept praising like they were cavemen who'd never seen a sewing machine before. It insulted the viewers intelligence IMHO.

vCash
    I'm so happy that the one I was rooting for actually won. That has never happened for me on Project Runway ever.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233