Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Oh gawd, Anthony is going to drive me crazy this season.

Well I'm glad Jesus survived this round.

Briber of judges
    vCash
    Christiane gives Heidi a skary-Babs level 4 death stare.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

vCash
    I'm happy for Emilio and Ping, though the preview of next week's episode has me worried for the latter designer.
    I can call the moon a pear, but it doesn't make it so. -- kwanfan1818

vCash
    Prior to season 6, PR in the beginning had a tendency to get rid of who they thought were the worst constructionists, regardless of design ability.

I am surprised they didn't call up some of the more drab designs. There was quite a bit of pop and "interesting", but there was an equal number of just dullness. That first designer--I'm sure I've seen that dress on the rack at Dillard's.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Christiane's dress was bad, but I thought Jay Nicolas' weird minidress was the worst, followed by Jesse's ill-fitting tweed suit. Janeane's plain beige mini and sheer top definitely looked like it was put together at the last minute. The giant ruffle on Maya's gold minidress was not particularly attractive either.

I didn't like Seth-Aaron's gingham mini at first, but it grew on me a bit on the second viewing. Emilio's dress was pretty and well-constructed, but I actually liked Jonathan's dress better. I thought he deserved to be in the top three.

I like that the judges didn't do the alternating "good review, bad review" that they did last season on the final six. It makes it more interesting to not know what they think until they actually say it.

vCash
    A Witch!!! BURN HER! She turned me into a size 6! (?) I go' better....
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by libby View Post

I didn't like Seth-Aaron's gingham mini at first, but it grew on me a bit on the second viewing.
    He's totally stuck in the 80s, but I loved that dress. I'd wear in a second. The one that won as well.

I still can't figure out what the hell all the excitement about Ping's "dress" was. I love Ping. But my kitten could've coughed up that outfit.

vCash
    Watching the repeat now - HD is lagging on lifetime.

Jesse was Jack Sparrow at Disney? Awesome!

Ohh - Anthony wears 80's tux shirts and was a pagent designer? He'll be rocking the retro look this year.

Ben will now be known as 'Armor Beak' in my house.

Looks like high drama with the models this year - cat meet fight. Betting the witch and Ms. 4501 Runway Shows fight.

Still didn't think Christina's was the worst of the lot, but I'm not orange or in fashion, so I'll let it slide...

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I love the winning dress and would wrestle anyone to the ground so I could wear it tomorrow. I dont think the pleather was so bad if you consider he didnt get to go to mood and pick amongst the good leathers, he plucked a remnant from a tree in the park. Was glad to see Christiane go, her dress looked like something from Dress Barn for $9.99 that had been pulled at the seams and perhaps even run over.

As for the models, Alison and Holly look old enough to be perimenopausal. Alexis has a harsh face that makes me wince a little when she is on screen. I think Monique and Sophia are really pretty.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

4 More Years
    vCash
    The winning dress was fab and I kind of liked the runner-up plaid dress. Ping definitely has an interesting point of view and I want to see more from her. My problem with the pleather dress is the fabric looks like something I wore in the 70's

vCash
    this show makes me laugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I dont think the pleather was so bad if you consider he didnt get to go to mood and pick amongst the good leathers, he plucked a remnant from a tree in the park.
    Yep. Glad Jesus survived because, while he's far too inexperienced and probably too limited ("gowns only"), he'll bring an interesting POV. Despite the outdatedness and the obvious seam, I was very surprised he was in the B3.

Alison and Holly look old enough to be perimenopausal. Alexis has a harsh face that makes me wince a little when she is on screen. I think Monique and Sophia are really pretty.
    Alison is so Nellie Olsen! Even has the same first name, IIRC, as the actress. And is probably nearly the same age.

Yes, Monique and Sophia are great, and I love Sophia's attitude. Speaking of attitudes, that chick who is ultra-competitive ... what an odd duck. With her very wide apart eyes and pointy chin, esp. from the side, she looks right out of Avatar. Just apply some blue make-up. Brandise is just what I'd thought from the pictures -- haggard, ugly, too-hardened, and ancient-in-model-terms.

Lots of model changing-up from the designers! Was glad to see certain designers in the MOTR "this season" preview ... meaning I'll see them at least one more week. Some designer were shown apparently picking models more than twice in that preview ... hmmm, MOTR spoiling PR a bit methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron W View Post
    Oh gawd, Anthony is going to drive me crazy this season.
    He'll be good for a few laughs ... for a few rounds. Luckily, his skills don't seem like they'll take him too far, so we won't have to endure him long past his expiration date. His quip, when the other guys were talking about their weight (... "I'm 165" ... "I'm 150" ...) was funny. "And I'm ... thirsty".

Quote Originally Posted by falling_dance View Post
    I'm happy for Emilio and Ping, though the preview of next week's episode has me worried for the latter designer.
    I believe that her crying in the PR preview was from last night's MOTR, when she was in the Sophie's Choice position ... choosing last between her initial [drab dishrag of a] model and the [much better, but unlucky] model of Christiane's. Poor Ping was to have to make the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by libby View Post
    Christiane's dress was bad, but I thought Jay Nicolas' weird minidress was the worst, followed by Jesse's ill-fitting tweed suit. Janeane's plain beige mini and sheer top definitely looked like it was put together at the last minute. The giant ruffle on Maya's gold minidress was not particularly attractive either.
    Janeane's was probably equally poor as the losing dress, but was more passable from the runway. The losing design's inadequacies were vividly apparent. Agree re: Jay's. Don't remember Jesse's.

Didn't like Seth-Aaron's gingham mini at first, but it grew on me a bit on the second viewing. Emilio's dress was pretty and well-constructed, but I actually liked Jonathan's dress better. I thought he deserved to be in the top three.
    ITA! My top 3, as well. Seth winning would've been justified, too. Jonathan's was great, and he surprised me in being seemingly normal and witty (thought he'd be as fey as Anthony, but bitchier).

Overall, I like this cast! Big improvement over last season, already, and I believe the characters and talent will make for good television. TPTB need to make sure that the challenges and twists are fresh and fair, though. I'll stay tuned.

vCash
    one thing this season may have in common with last season, is that all of the "TV friendly" characters seem to have the weakest skills, so by the end we may be left with competent and dull, again. Ping, Anthony, and the teary-eyed Jenine probably won't last long.

i'm starting to suspect that Kara Saun has a Dorothy Hamil set of voodoo dolls. Black girls don't seem to do well on this show. Korto is her Kristi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
    We're having our traditional PR premier party! I'm going to serve sangria, so I decided to make it a tribute to Spanish designers like Balenciaga, Prada, and Blahnik. I have a very fabulous dress in the works -- should be fun!
    Prada is Italian, born in Milan, fashion house is in Milan. But the other two are Spanish .

Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    WTH is with that Seth guy who wants to compare himself to Valentino and Tom Ford and then putting in an over-sized red coat zipper in his dress?
    I think that Seth, himself is kind of creepy, but I liked his dress. I also liked the winner, either one could have won for me.

Ping has an interesting perspective, but she is going to have to show some diversity. Her "throwing the fabric" look will get old. But, of all of the contestants, I like her (as a person) the best.

I thought the worst one was Pamela. That hideous shocking pink thing looked like a giant deformed kite. Even worse from the back! It looked like an ugly bridesmaid's dress from the 70's.

I actually liked the shape of Jesus' dress. I would have left it shorter and worked the train more. But, I think he did what he could when it was too short for his model. What I didn't like was the leather look. that made it a little too S&M.

vCash
    interesting, as usual, Tim interview

the one comment i'm a little about is this
    I was disappointed that our three finalists were three women in their 20s
    what's wrong with promoting women in a male dominated field, and young ones who may have a long future?

vCash
    I'm not impressed with this season's models. None of the girls (imho) is drop-dead gorgeous and a several of them maybe too old to benefit from being featured in Marie-Claire magazine layout. That kind of exposure is probably most helpful relatively early in a model's career.

Elizaveta is one of the youngest models and she projects a vulnerablity that makes me feel protective towards her. However, she seems quite drab and has an unattractive nose. However, at least she doesn't look hard like most of the other blond models. I agree with Beefcake that Alexis resembles the heroine in "Avatar" with her too widely spaced eyes and pointy chin. Good call. Maybe she photographs extremely well.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I dont know that Alexis needs to photograph well, I would guess that she had the casting agent's attention the first 50 times she said Wiccan.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    ^ But she's a good witch!

Let's call her Glinda.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I dont know that Alexis needs to photograph well,...
    It's the only reason I can think of why a reputable modeling agency would have signed her on.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    Wow, I guess you can gauge how bad last season was by how this season snuck up on us.
    I don't even remember who won last season.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast