Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tennis in the Ten. Let's all get our sticks back out.

Thought i'd start a new thread for the new year/season.

So far:

Feds lost to Davydenko again, this time at the semi's Qatar - Davy-Nadal final.

Clijsters and Henin have reached the final in Brisbane! First match since 06! Should be a great match.

Wickmayer won the title in Hobart, beating Pennetta in the final.

Spain won the Hopman Cup - Robson beat Martinez Sanchez in the final, but Robredo beat Murray and then Spain won the mixed.

Roddick will play Stepanek in the Brisbane final.

Sharapova has beaten Wozniacki and Venus in the Hong Kong exhibition - looks in fab form!

Schnyder is out of the Australian Open.

Serena and Henin are due to meet in the 2nd round in Sydney next week!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Serena and Henin are due to meet in the 2nd round in Sydney next week!
    Henin quit....the tournament Said she strained her thigh and didn't want to agravate it. I bet she didn't expect to get to the final.

She implied after her final with Kim that if she'd had more match experience she could have won. Kim, who's played a whopping 4 more tournaments than Henin since HAVING A BABY, won because she came back earlier than Justine.

She hasn't changed...I still don't like her. Ugh. But, it is fun to have someone to dislike on tour again
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    I'm glad you opened this thread, L_S, because I was that the other one was dead.

I'm glad Henin made the final and it was competitive and she's playing well. I didn't expect her to beat Kim.

Davydenko just beat Nadal, too, after being bageled in the first set He's kept up his form from the WTF.

I hope Wickmayer gets an AO WC after last year's debacle; she's in great form.

Someone in TF posted that Jankovic beat Safina 63 in a pratice set and Dina wasn't too happy about it

The AO could potentially be competitive for the women for the first time in ever Sharapova & Clijsters is in good form, Serena always plays well there, Henin is back...

vCash
    Justine But so glad to have her back

Nikolay is really amazing. I think he was down 1-3, 15-40 in the last set. What a comeback!

vCash
    He also saved 2 MPs in the tiebreak.

vCash
    With Wickmayer winning, Kim winning, and Justine well and truly back, looks like Belgium will (potentially) run the show this year. Anyone see the final in Brisbane?! That was one crazy (often very high standard) mess - I don't like Justine, but if her return means more tennis like this, then it's all good.

Davydenko's win in Qatar was equally as impressive! Can he possibly win the AO?!
    Last edited by Loves_Shizuka; 01-09-2010 at 07:43 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post

Davydenko's win in Qatar was equally as impressive! Can he possibly win the AO?!
    He's got to be considered as a legitimate challenger this time - he's beaten the top guys in the world in the couple of months -and really showed grit!! It would be nice to nice him show strong at the AO!!

vCash
    Laura Robson was granted an AO qualifying WC.

WTA MD WC: Henin, Coco Vandeweghe (US WC playoff winner), Stephanie Cohen-Aloro (French WC), Casey Dellacqua (Australian playoff winner), Alicia Molik (AUS), Olivia Rogowska (AUS), and an Asian WC yet to be announced.

ATP MD WC: Ryan Harrison (USTA playoff winner), Nick Lindahl (Australian playoff winner), Bernard Tomic (AUS), Carsten Ball (AUS), Jason Kuhbler (AUS). Don't know who the French WC is....

Sydney Draw:WTA, ATP
    Azarenka vs Lisicki in the first round looks good.

In more Bernard Tomic vs Lleyton Hewitt drama...er..news...Tomic is campaigning to be selected for the Australian Davis Cup squad. Hewitt thinks that Tomic is not ready for this and there are Australian men who are higher ranked who deserve the spot, like Peter Luczak. Daddy Tomic thinks Lleyton's saying this because he's a racist who thinks Tomic is not a real Australian becase he's Croatian. Except Luczak is Polish....Of course, this all comes after Team Tomic refused an invitation to practice with Hewitt at Wimbledon, because Hewitt wasn't good enough. I dislike Tomic already, especially for making me agree with Lleyton Hewitt
    Last edited by oleada; 01-09-2010 at 08:15 PM.

vCash
    Congrats to Andy ... just finished off burying The Worm in the Brisbane final. Two tiebreakers. A-Rod lost big leads in the 2nd set and later in the 2nd set tiebreaker before pulling it out. First tournament back since October ... and already with a gaudy (5-0), extended tiebreaker record.

vCash
    LOL. Wickmayer beat Pennetta in Auckland New Zealand not Hobart. The big drama here was a dozen or so protestors that kept protesting against Shahar Peel because she is Israeli. She made the semis but was beaten by Wickmayer. Several people got arrested.

vCash
    ^Oops, yea sorry, my mistake.

vCash
    Hi everyone,

I'm very early on this but I like to plan in advance. My fiance and I are going to New York for our Honeymoon in August and we'd (really me) like to take in a day at the US Open. (ok, honestly, I planned the Honeymoon to coincide with the US Open but don't tell him that)

When would single day sessions be available for purchase? I know some members of this board attended last year so I'm hoping you could help me.

Thanks!

Can't wait for the AO! I'm so glad this thread is moving again. It's sad in December with no tennis.

vCash
    The cheapest tickets for the US Open are always the first 3 day sessions, either online or by scalping.

Tickets are really getting expensive for Labor Day weekend.

I believe online tickets are first available only to USTA members in like May or June and then the general public sometime after that.

vCash
    Thanks for kicking off this thread with a great summary, L_S.

Henin and Clijsters back and Maria maybe over her shoulder make the women exciting again. And as an American, I want to believe that Melanie Oudin will be more than a one season wonder.

On the men's . . . Roger's still great but bound to be less consistent than in the past (which is to say he'll occasionally lose matches). Rafael's still great, but his body . . . Ai! Djokovic and Murray are always threats. Davydenko seems to be reaching another level. And del Potro! Hope to see a lot more of him. Became fans of Verdasco and Soderling last year too. And maybe the stars will align and Andy Roddick will win another major.

So much to watch!

vCash
    Andrew!!!!

LOVE that the tennis "off-season" is like a day and a half and then they're off to Oz!

I would love to see Andy and Kim play mixed doubles,

vCash
    According to TF, a book was published in Denmark about Caroline Wozniacki and it is full of and ! Actually, it's fairly complimentary of Caroline, but the not-so- sources didn't have many good things to say of her dad...They are ex-trainers who actually sued him after some unpaid bills, much which had to be settled in court. One of Caroline's ex-trainers calls him completely manipulative and Caroline is completely under his control; he says between the best tennis coach in the world and her dad, Caroline would pick her dad if he wanted her to. He also claims he's a joke as a physical trainer.

Another weird thing was that Papa Wozniacki has changed his name to Viktor Krason, which he only uses in his passports and to starts companies. Apparently Piotr/Viktor is planning to sue the people who published the book...

I thought it was interesting

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Henin quit....the tournament Said she strained her thigh and didn't want to agravate it. I bet she didn't expect to get to the final.

She implied after her final with Kim that if she'd had more match experience she could have won. Kim, who's played a whopping 4 more tournaments than Henin since HAVING A BABY, won because she came back earlier than Justine.

She hasn't changed...I still don't like her. Ugh. But, it is fun to have someone to dislike on tour again
    Gag!!! She is such nasty person, it seems. I hope she gets her all year! It would be especially sweet if Kim were to beat her in EVERY SINGLE GRAND SLAM FINAL. Bwahahaha! That said, Henin will probably win them all. lol
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Dead eyed slag. Hope she gets mopped up by Kim, Ree, and those enormous young Russian gals.

vCash
    ^

@ the that Caro scoop, oleada! I knew I had good reason to take a total dislike to everything I've seen of Papa Woz (or should it be Papa Krason?! creeeeepy! ...I wonder if he's a fanboy of Viktor Kraatz, so decided to change his name to something weirdly similar?! )

vCash
    If the seedings go as the rankings right now, Clijsters and Sharapova could play any of Safina, Serena Williams, Wozniacki, Kuznetsova in Round 4.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast