Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Eurovision 2010

Prick Admin
    vCash
    sparky, I think you'll enjoy this summary of the Spanish selection.

To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Official FSU Alte Kacher
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post

Sooo, is this your moonlighting job, fred? Wonderful snark!
    "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”– MLK

vCash

priceless and spot on

the annual saga of hilarity and confusion that is the Spanish preselection
    And every year is a new surprise

nobody had yet tested if any of these people could sing. A couple of them could. Well, one of them could. More on him later
    True! And, believe me, it has been even worse in the past.

Last year they wanted to make like three SemiFinals but before they eliminated some internet voted candidates, so there were protest that those democratic elected couldn´t have their chance of singing in front of the audience Spanish TV proceeded to publish on their web videos of the trials OMG you needed to watch it to believe it. How people completely deaf tone and without a voice and acting seriously (trolls and joke acts are different stuff) can apply seriously to a singing selection is

Finally, the jury decided they wanted to disqualify John Cobra for calling everybody gay, or something, but decided to do the next best thing and just give him minimum points
    Spanish pragmatism or whateverism at its best I guess foreigners don´t get it, but, to be fair, for our cultural mindset that was more humiliating for him than to get disqualified and him through a backstage door by security, what I guess any other TV would have done. Well, another TV would have cut to commercials (but spanish TV don´t have anymore) or at least peee-peee-peee over all his smutty rant.

Spanish TV Eurovision selection: always beyond and far away of what you can imagine
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

vCash
    Melodifestivalen Semi-Final 3 done:
    http://svt.se/2.120903/deltavlingar

Darin and Timoteij through to the final, Alcazar and Crucified Barbara through to Andra Chansen.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    I just watched John Cobra and I'm sure it's probably really offensive in Spanish, but I was at the slutty backing dancers, the awfulness of the rap and how bored Carol looked.

Here is the aftermath. How many times does the presenter say "Tranquillo", "Silencio" and "Carino"? Hope somebody disinfected her hands after she touched John Cobra's face though.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Melodifestivalen Semi-Final 3 done:
    http://svt.se/2.120903/deltavlingar

Darin and Timoteij through to the final, Alcazar and Crucified Barbara through to Andra Chansen.
    Alcazar will never make it to the Eurovision (however this year I kind of agree - Headlines is waaaaaaaay below their best songs...jmho).
    Crucified Barbara - I love the name of this band .

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    I just stumbled in here and had no idea non-Swedish people were following the Swedish competition. and

Paradise, CA... but home will always be MA!
    vCash
    Since I can't watch the Olympics til tomorrow (I'm stuck at work and no online feeds work for me) I decided to watch Eurovision instead----though homework is probably a better choice, oh well! The songs started out bad, nothing was good IMO. But I'm liking the recent entries, FYR Macedonia, Poland, and even Armenia. So I'm happy things are looking up. And in regards to Buzz, Dima again?! Not sure that'd be a good thing!

Prick Admin
    vCash

On the run from cholla's vibrating cleavage
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilynn View Post
    I just stumbled in here and had no idea non-Swedish people were following the Swedish competition. and
    Excuse me, Sweden is the last bastion of the true blue Europop. Plus, where else can you watch the selection and think "I would like to have fries with him/her" about every second contestant? Sweden totally wuzgifted
    I still can't get over last year when they chose that faux opera atrocity over the EMD "Baby Goodbye" yumfest. Although after having to listen to "Baby Goodbye" for the 1000th time in a Stockholm gay bar, I sort of stopped questioning their choice

Prick Admin
    vCash
    A few more countries chose last night:

Georgia - "Shine" by Sofia Nizharadze

Slovakia - "Horehronie" by Kristina

Latvia - "What for?" by Aisha

Irish final this Friday night. If there's a webcast, I'll post it here.

vCash
    The Israeli song will be decided on March 14.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsparky View Post
    Charlie White Spanish long lost cousin will sing at Oslo: Daniel Diges´s "Algo pequeñito" (something small)
    Oh, he is a cutie reminds me a bit of Art Garfunkel with a smaller nose, and the song is not that bad either.
    Count on getting some points from the Israeli judge.

No Put-in in the lyrics of that Shine song
    The problem is that the song itself is a bit
    Last edited by Eden; 03-01-2010 at 02:20 AM.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by equatorial View Post
    Excuse me, Sweden is the last bastion of the true blue Europop. Plus, where else can you watch the selection and think "I would like to have fries with him/her" about every second contestant? Sweden totally wuzgifted

I still can't get over last year when they chose that faux opera atrocity over the EMD "Baby Goodbye" yumfest. Although after having to listen to "Baby Goodbye" for the 1000th time in a Stockholm gay bar, I sort of stopped questioning their choice
    You and one of my coworkers both. He'd put a fair share of cash on someone else winning last year and is still grumpy about it.

vCash
    With death in my heart , I must report who France TV seems to have chosen (and I can also say that the french ESC fans have aparently huge death in their heart too ).

It will be Jessy Matador of congolese origin.
    He's basically unknown, but made a summer hit song in 2008, Décalé Gwada.
    He should present a song named "Allez ! Ola ! Olé !" (not seen yet).
    France TV wants to use this song to promote the 2010 football World Cup and and to advertise it as its summer hit song.

French ESC fans are actually furious that France TV is using the Eurovision Song Contest for some national promotion for a different event / some national self-promotion, without any will to make a result or to propose something interesting at the ESC.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post

French ESC fans are actually furious that France TV is using the Eurovision Song Contest for some national promotion for a different event / some national self-promotion, without any will to make a result or to propose something interesting at the ESC.
    Haven't heard the song yet, but wouldn't it be hilarious if it won?

vCash
    Please gods nooo ! France has to lose !!

BTW I thought it would be Christophe Willelm ? Did I miss something ?
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    La tortue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Oh, he is a cutie reminds me a bit of Art Garfunkel with a smaller nose, and the song is not that bad either.
    Count on getting some points from the Israeli judge.
    counting with Israel and Albania

In Spanish boards has been pointed how much Daniel Diges resembles Spanish 1976 singer: Braulio I´m sorry but I barely remembered this song

Quote Originally Posted by Nmsis View Post
    With death in my heart , I must report who France TV seems to have chosen (and I can also say that the french ESC fans have aparently huge death in their heart too ).

It will be Jessy Matador of congolese origin.
    LOL I´m trying hard not to make jokes with his surname, I can´t promise I can resist until the Festival

He's basically unknown, but made a summer hit song in 2008, Décalé Gwada.
    He should present a song named "Allez ! Ola ! Olé !" (not seen yet).
    France TV wants to use this song to promote the 2010 football World Cup and and to advertise it as its summer hit song.
    That song is gum-like addictive

I didn´t know France TV could be so oriented, even more after the great entry they sent last year
    Last edited by sweetsparky; 03-01-2010 at 11:20 PM.
    Zorry my english, I´m a verrrrrry rude spaÑish

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Just to give you an idea of what will be chosen over the next two weeks:

2 March (Tonight): Azerbaijan Final
    3 March: Turkey Presentation of song
    4 March: Lithuania Final
    5 March: Ireland Final
    6 March (aka Sort of Super Saturday): Croatia, Moldova, Portugal, Romania and Ukraine Finals
    7 March: Belgium Presentation of song and Russia Final
    12 March: Germany, Greece and UK Finals
    13 March: Serbia and Sweden Finals
    14 March: Bosnia & Herzegovina Presentation of song
    15 March: Israel Final

The draw for the running order of the semis and final will take place on 22 March.

vCash
    What a boring song. Bring back Jan Jan & Quele Quele!

Just to give you an idea of what will be chosen over the next two weeks:

7 March (aka Super Saturday): Belgium Presentation of song and Croatia, Moldova, Portugal, Romania, Russia and Ukraine Finals
    My calendar says 7th of March is Sunday

The only thing I heard about the Russian selection is that an Italian singer Antonello Carozza will participate. I know him from last summer's Yurmala Festival (Russian San Remo) where he finished second. He's cute.

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast