Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Me too.

vCash
    Johnny's teleconference is now posted on icenetwork

vCash
    Yay, I'm heading right to listen to it!

vCash
    Back to the original article- Great to hear that Johnny is working on the Quad and it's going well in practice.

vCash
    ^ Is he still "not" planning to attempt a quad until Olys? Or is quad at USN's a possibility?

vCash
    I really liked his response to why he hates the new system so much. He really explained it, and it made me feel so sad when he said how much he loved going out there and skating in the past, but now feels like a robot, and how things that were taught to him as "wrong" are "right" now. It really made me understand him and his struggles better. I liked that answer.

Actually it adds a new dimension to this whole generation of skaters who, I feel, were really handicapped by the "transition" from one system to the other. No matter what you think of COP, good or bad or something in between, the fact that they had to go through this transition, adjust to rules that were often opposite of what they've been taught, that really made it difficult for these skaters, and may account for all the inconsistency we are seeing.

How douchy was Phil Hersh's question?! Johnny laughed it off but still...

He sounds good. Hope his head doesn't let him down in two weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    He sounds good. Hope his head doesn't let him down in two weeks.
    1 week!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    1 week!

One week! Wheeeeeee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
    ^ Is he still "not" planning to attempt a quad until Olys? Or is quad at USN's a possibility?
    According to the article [which I can't access at work, so it's by my memory], it sounded like it's being prepped for the olympics.

vCash
    I'm really proud of him getting his mind to the place its at right now.

He still has to skate, but just in terms of interviews alone he seems more focused this year than in his entire career. I wish him nothing but the best.

vCash
    What did Hersh ask?
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Quadless
    vCash
    Hersh said that, compared to prior years, Johnny was somewhat under the radar and essentially asked him how he felt about that. Johnny was was pretty funny in his answer - he spoke truthfully about how not going to Worlds last year was devastating, but he pointed out that he still has support all over the world, and then closed by quipping that he brings his own spotlight with him wherever he goes.

I have to say I was really impressed by the level of maturity and insight that Johnny showed in this interview, and I really hope everything comes together for him these next few months.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Title-less
    vCash
    Okay, I've just finished listening to Weir's teleconf.

He's a lot more upbeat than he did in the same teleconf. last year for sure. I remember last pre-natonal when I finished the teleconf feeling negative vibes all over that interview. This is much better.

vCash
    Johnny's teleconference was one of my favorites, very interesting and honest... I'm hoping that he and Jeremy make the Olympic team!

I love that he asked Phil Hersh if he was still thin...
    Last edited by shan; 01-10-2010 at 08:12 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Johnny's teleconference was one of my favorites, very interesting and honest... I'm hoping that he and Jeremy make the Olympic team!

I love that he asked Phil Hersh if he was still thin...
    I'm rooting for Johnny & Jeremy as well. I also love how he told Hersh he doesn't want to be his age.

vCash
    Johnny, still is resisting the cop's too much for it not to affect his skating. Cop has been around since 2004, which imo has given the skaters from the 6.0 era more than time enough to adjust to it, but some just choose to keep fighting it. I hope Johnny makes the team.

vCash
    After nearly retiring, Weir gets focused
    "We're the strongest skating country in the world as far as men's figure skating is concerned. I mean, of course, Russia has Evgeni Plushenko, Switzerland has Stephane Lambiel. One athlete. One athlete. The United States has eight athletes that are all amazing, that could all make the Olympic team."

That said, Weir is aiming high in Spokane. Skating his short program to Sur les Ailes du Temps by Saint Preux and his free program to a medley from the Notre Dame de Paris soundtrack, Weir is even preparing to debut a new costume.

"I want to be a champion," he said, "I don't want to skate two great clean programs and be fourth. That's ridiculous to me. There's no point in that.
    He said it: Johnny Weir
    How will you deal with the media if you make the Olympic team?: "I think I'm wonderful with media. So I should have no problem."

"In my memory, the men have always been the most exciting event for the national championships. I mean, of course we had Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen, but you know, that's two ladies ... It always seemed to be someone versus Michelle Kwan... The men, it's always - well, I'm Johnny Weir so I can say this - it's always a cat fight."

"In no way do I feel like I stopped commanding the spotlight. I think I travel with one."

vCash
    When I had jaw surgery, I lost 22 lbs in a little more than 2 days. The doctors were shocked to say the least, but I'm chubby. Other than last year's Nationals, I have never felt as if Johnny has been 'skeletal'. I've seen him MANY times, and he always looks healthy.

vCash
    They put last year's programs in the first article. Guess they should check the facts.

vCash

Fashion Forward Review of Johnny's Creative Process

If this was already posted, please forgive me. If not, please enjoy!
    http://www.sundancechannel.com/fullf...h-johnny-weir/ Nu, fur???

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast