Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Might as well enjoy Idol then, because I didn't notice any difference in the amount of commercials from previous viewings of the show.

Anyone else get ticked at some of the whining? I get Jillian being upset and blown away, but the others? Honestly, if they had the chance they would have stacked the deck in their favour just like Michael did. If they can't see that or admit it, then they're fooling themselves.

Michael had a good point too. Yes, he was thinking of himself, but at the same time, this really was the only way he could ensure that he stayed around for as long as he can. Yes, it also blew up in his face, but at least he admitted what he was doing.

Unlike a certain person who was eliminated the last episode before the Olympics.

vCash
    I also didn't really notice any increase in the amount of commercials than the past weeks or last season. I have noticed from flipping the channels during commercials in the first few episodes this season that they were pretty synched with commercial breaks on American Idol, so perhaps that is just something that carries over from week to week with both shows placing their commercials at similar intervals.

vCash
    Shows like this and Project Runway I record and don't watch until half way through. Then I fast-forward through all the commercials and repetitious filming before and after the commercials, and usually see the end in real time.

There really are a lot of commercials and the weighing in is dragged out considerably, but nothing to prevent skipping over all that if it's recorded .

vCash
    To be honest, I feel that as the weight is coming off, the more Michael is becoming a jerk. I understand that he wants to look out for himself but he was never in danger of leaving. I also want to know how he managed to lose 15 pounds despite eating over 2200 calories in 1 sitting.

Considering the amount of face time he got last night, I say he's eliminated in the next 2 weeks.

I'm glad Miggy is doing well; she really does seem happier and with Michelle helping her, I'm sure she will meet her goals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    To be honest, I feel that as the weight is coming off, the more Michael is becoming a jerk. I understand that he wants to look out for himself but he was never in danger of leaving. I also want to know how he managed to lose 15 pounds despite eating over 2200 calories in 1 sitting.
    It takes roughly 3500 calories to gain 1 pound. These contestants are working out like crazy (I believe they said 6 hours a day, every day), so I'm sure he was able to burn that off relatively quickly. That being said, I was still surprised to see him lose such a big number this week.

I agree with the first part of your post, too. He could have skipped the temptation challenge and would have been fine. Now he's in hot water with most of the group, and especially the entire black team.

vCash
    I am thinking he yacked up those 2200 cals offscreen somewhere. They would never show that as they don't encourage that kind of behavior (at least not onscreen). All that sugar would have made him pretty sick. Although he probably ate like that before he came to BL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lise View Post
    To be honest, I feel that as the weight is coming off, the more Michael is becoming a jerk.
    I have to agree with you. I'm not sure what it is, but he's becoming more manipulative. I get that it's a game that needs to be played, but I think some of these people are more there for a life change than money...he is not one of them.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    why would they have a contest where they would down 2200 calories of junk in one sitting like that? it seems to go against what the show is supposed to be about.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Well, I think in a way they are exaggerating the pressures you will face in real life. They are trying to teach them that sometimes the choice is going to be difficult (i.e. you might lose the money), but you have to make the one for your health. And what could be more tempting than eating sugar to win money? I always hate to see people give in, though I know why they do.

If you watch, the trainers are ALWAYS angry when someone caves. They'd rather the contestants live longer than richer, IMO.

vCash
    Yep, every single time, the trainers are pissed off when someone caves in to a challenge.

And yes, Michael is playing the game and being open about that, although he gave these little speeches to back up his team assignments, as if he cared about the other contestants, when really he doesn't, if you believe his confessionals. Still I don't have a big problem with what he did. But when he told --was it Miggy?-- that if she didn't pull a big number she was gone because she is useless to him, THAT I thought was really obnoxious and a bit presumptuous since he doesn't control the team.

vCash
    sk8pics, that is one of the reasons why I can't stand him. I understand watching out for yourself but that was too extreme for me.

I do have a feeling that things will not go his way and the black team lasts longer than he thinks. I have a little info about (nothing specific) but the same happened the year Ali won and the bigger men were on Bob's team.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I wonder why Sherry didn't try to get Cheryl and Ashley together to vote out Stephanie or Sam. They need Sam for the challenges, but if he only has 50 lbs to lose, and he's packing on muscle, his percentages won't be that good. I guess the young folks teamed up, but I can't imagine Ashley wouldn't have listened to her mom.

I still like Sunshine and O'Neal.

Shay looked good. Did she say she's lost 200 pounds overall?
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

I still like Sunshine and O'Neal.
    O'Neal bothered me a bit at the beginning, I thought he was really over the top. After hearing him talk about his daughter, I understand and appreciate him a lot more.

I love how much strength Sherry found inside herself. Wow!!
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    I find it rather interesting that Ashley does not seem to be in a voting alliance with her mother. I wonder what would happen next week if black loses and Sherry doesn't get the immunity? It would seem that Sherry would be the next to go since she's the oldest, smallest, and lightest, but you can't argue the fact that she's pulled some excellent numbers recently considering. I believe that Sherry is #2 behind Daris of total percentage lost since the show has started. Ashley has also been pounding out some big numbers as well.

I expect Michael to be there towards the end because he just has so much more weight to lose than everyone else and is one of the only people left that is capable of double-digit numbers week after week.

vCash
    i wouldn't be so sure Michael Fridge. He may have a lot to go but he won't be pulling double digits forever and the first time he doesn't and blue lose, if they are smart, they will get rid of him. i had the impression this week that he just doesn't like working out because of all the excuses he's had.

I noticed this week that Michael has raccoon eyes, as his mother did too when she was on the ranch. it was looking like the penguin of the Batman movies. Do they not sleep?

Just me
    vCash
    I had to work and missed this tonight. Can someone give me a rundown of what happened, please?
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Episode summary:

Michael was rushed home because his grandma wasn't doing too well. As a result he was absent for all of the challenges. The pop challenge was nutrition trivia. The blue team (ie: the one with all the guys + Sunshine) won and got to spend a day getting spa treatment. The black team had to clean the kitchen and the gym for losing the challenge.

The second challenge was a cooking challenge and the winning team got a 5 pound advantage at the weigh in. Each team got to pick 12 ingredients. There were about 40 or 50 ingredients to choose from, and once a team picked an ingredient, the other team was not allowed to pick the same one. Teams had to create an appetizer, an entree, and a dessert with their selected ingredients. The famous chef who is always on the show (can't remember his name ) judged them based on caloric content and taste. The black team won the challenge and the 5 pound advantage.

The black team weighed in first. Sam turned in a -8, Ashley pulled a -7, and the rest of the team had small numbers (Stephanie had -2). For the blue team, the smallest number turned in was a -8 from Lance. Everyone else (including Sunshine) had bigger numbers. Daris lost 10 pounds, and Michael lost 11 while he was at home with his grandmother. The blue team obviously won the weigh in by a hefty margin, despite the weight disadvantage.

Ashley and Sherry voted for Andrea to go home, whereas the other 3 team members all voted for Sherry, thus sending Sherry home. Next week all of the contestants will be visiting home, but there is no indication that the game has or has not switched to individuals yet.

Sherry's little video at the end showed her doing a kayaking event with her local community. She's down into the 130's now (and I have to say, is looking amazing). She hopes to be down to the weight she was at her wedding for the finale.

vCash
    Have to say, in the last chance workouts the blue team was tearing it up while the black team looked like they were barely sweating. I think the black team got complacent with the 5 pound advantage and didn't work out all that hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fridge_Break View Post
    Sherry's little video at the end showed her doing a kayaking event with her local community. She's down into the 130's now (and I have to say, is looking amazing). She hopes to be down to the weight she was at her wedding for the finale.
    I wonder if she will also be back to her original hair color.

She really did look great, though her departure wasn't that surprising since she and her daughter got the Dr Jillian treatment just before. It was interesting that the other votes were for Drea, I thought Stephanie and her 2 lbs would have been more vulnerable.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Only got to see the first hour, glad to hear Michael lost 11 pounds while away. Is his grandmother ok?
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast