Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    I watched part of this show for the first time, but all the grunting and crying really irked me. But I did like that nobody was being coddled.

And what is with the drawn out weigh in and kick off process? Is the hostess trying to impress us with her math skills? "Bob, you have two votes, if you get three more, you are off. Harry, you have one vote, if you get four more, you are off. Guys, there are three teams left. One of them needs to have a lower percentage loss than you, or one of you goes home." I wanted to pelt her with something. How about not having a two hour show if you have to draw it out that way?

That said, I'm partial to the pink team. Obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    One thing - is the brother who went home the one with the knee problem?
    Yes.

I don't like the "twist" of the first 2 teams going home for 30 days. As one of them said, they didn't get a chance to even experience the ranch for a short time. What did they learn that they could take home and apply to their lives? Even though one team comes back, they will miss out on some early ranch experiences. And the other team will have gotten nothing.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    when Sunshine and ONeal left, didnt they say they were going to help them or something?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
    I don't like the "twist" of the first 2 teams going home for 30 days. As one of them said, they didn't get a chance to even experience the ranch for a short time. What did they learn that they could take home and apply to their lives? Even though one team comes back, they will miss out on some early ranch experiences. And the other team will have gotten nothing.

I don't like it either - they didn't even get a week. And that gentleman needs a jump start so that (at a minimum) he can tie his own shoes.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    when Sunshine and ONeal left, didnt they say they were going to help them or something?
    Oh, that's right. I forgot that Bob & Jillian said they were going to provide some help. While it won't be a full ranch experience, hopefully it will be more substantial than Bob showing up to make lunch with Jenni-O turkey or Jillian teaching them how to store portions in Ziploc freezer bags.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I expect that Bob and Jillian will show up to train them, but they didn't get that week 1 big number or group support. I especially felt that the Yellow Team needed that boost. The Blue Team daughter looked like she has it in her from what little we saw.

vCash
    I thought it as incredibly cruel how they got their hopes up and eliminated them right away. Not right

vCash
    I think they need AT LEAST two weeks on the ranch before getting booted. OR rather than immunity challenges, if everyone finishes, everyone stays. Otherwise, it goes to vote.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post

At what time is the special about Eric?
    9pm EST on Discovery Health Channel and it repeats 3 hrs later.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    I wish that they would send the first 10 or so eliminated players to the Fat Camp in Utah. I understand that it postpones the inevitable, but if they are truly committed to getting these people healthy, a month or two at the Fat Camp would help immensely. Or, they could at least keep them on the ranch for two weeks... first week, the team who wins the weigh in gets immunity for the next week, and then they eliminate two at the second weigh in. Help these people get "it" before they send them home.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Anyone watch last night? Michael's mother was annoying and out of control, but I continue to like Michael - I cracked up when he congratulated his mom on her weight loss after "her quick date with the concrete."

Happy for brown too - a good loss for him.

Felt bad for Purple, but mom did the right thing. She seems to have a good grip, and she didn't throw her daughter under the bus like Helen from Season 7.

So are they setting up Red to be the villian? Frankly, I think you are pretty dumb not to water load when you have immunity and try to add your week 2 loss to your week 3 loss. It's not really part of some grad scheme to eliminate the threats - it's just a shot at getting an extra week early in the game. Everyone knows it when they see it. Why hide it? I would just tell everyone - hey, I really need to get 4 weeks out of this - I am waterloading today. This doesn't mean I am just after the money, I just need 4 weeks to break my habits and get a good start. We will see what happens then.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Felt bad for Purple, but mom did the right thing. She seems to have a good grip, and she didn't throw her daughter under the bus like Helen from Season 7.
    I really don't get why people think Helen was so eville (not just you Rob, I've read it on other sites as well) for wanting to stay. I think the only reason Helen's daughter was on the show was so her mom could do it - she did not seem to have any motivation to change. Sure, there's an argument that the daughter "needed" to be on the ranch more, but quite frankly I'd rather see someone who wants to be there and is working hard than someone who always seemed like they were just fine with their previous lifestyle and would rather be at home eating chips. And clearly Helen proved that she did deserve to be at the ranch, since she won.

So are they setting up Red to be the villian? Frankly, I think you are pretty dumb not to water load when you have immunity and try to add your week 2 loss to your week 3 loss. It's not really part of some grad scheme to eliminate the threats - it's just a shot at getting an extra week early in the game. Everyone knows it when they see it. Why hide it? I would just tell everyone - hey, I really need to get 4 weeks out of this - I am waterloading today. This doesn't mean I am just after the money, I just need 4 weeks to break my habits and get a good start. We will see what happens then.
    I can't argue with the strategy, but red team bugged me a little last week and really bugged me this week. They're no Crazy Eyes Tracey, but so farr all the teams seem overwhelmingly nice, so red team does stick out as a pair of schemers (at least she seems like a schemer).

I love Daris and his mom.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Just me
    vCash
    I like Michael, too, and would like to see his mother go if for no other reason than to separate the two of them for a while and let Michael focus on himself...not his mother and "taking care" of her. I missed most of the first episode so I'm a little lacking in back-stories. Is Michael's mother married?

I think She-red is a lot smarter than He-red about how the game is played.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Sure, there's an argument that the daughter "needed" to be on the ranch more, but quite frankly I'd rather see someone who wants to be there and is working hard than someone who always seemed like they were just fine with their previous lifestyle and would rather be at home eating chips.
    That is why - Shannon had a DUI before the BL, and was arrested while the show was airing for assaulting her tenant because his TV was too loud (Of course, Helen couldn't have known that was going to happen). But Helen's bio on the show said something along the lines of "Helen would do anything to help her daughter because she feels she didn't provide enough for her when she was growing up." So nevermind the fact that Helen didn't promote a healthy lifestyle (many parents don't), but when she had a chance, she didn't seem to even want to try to talk her into it. Of course, editing my have helped with that. Sure, Helen needed to take care of herself to lose the weight, but by contrast, look at Ron & Mike, Kathy & Kristin, Betty Sue & Ali, Renee & Michelle, Purple mom (can't remember names yet this year), Jackie & Dan, etc. who were adamant that their kids have a chance to change and not follow in their footsteps.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I really like and get a kick out of Michael too. My Brother In Law's Italian and he reminds me an awful lot of my BIL's youngest brother. Super nice guy and just loves life. I get those same vibes from Michael and I also LOL'ed over the "date w/the concrete" comment.

No, they're not "Crazy Tracey" eville, but I get that schemer vibe from Team Red too. Especially from her.

I loved, loved, loved Jillian w/Maria in the pool. She was so fantastic w/Maria and supportive too. I really hope that helped/helps Maria w/her fear of water. I was right there when I was little thanks to that Cdn Red Cross commercial w/the overturned canoe and voiceover of the little kid screaming for Daddy. This was their way to enforce how important it is to wear a life jacket. I've since heard many of my generation learned how to swim very late due to that thing. I didn't learn to swim until I was around 10 thanks to that thing creating such a fear of the water w/me, so I was so feeling what Maria was going through. I really do hope this helped w/her phobia.

Next week looks awfully stressful.

vCash
    I'm liking this season so far. Then again I only just started watching with last season, so this is all pretty new to me, so I'm possibly just still intrigued as to how drastic these transformations are by the end of the season.

I'm rather neutral to all of the contestants so far except the gray team (who I think have the potential to get real annoying, real quick) and the red team.. who are going to be worse than toast the second they fall below the yellow line since they're (or, at least she) not hiding the fact that they're playing the game hard.

Felt bad for the mom on the white team, although she kind of brought her injury on herself with being so scared.. I was surprised to see she was the biggest loser for the week, despite.

Off-topic in regards to this cycle, but does anyone happen to know if there's a website where I could watch previous seasons? I have found myself wishing I had gotten into this show sooner than I did.

vCash
    I love when Bob and Jillia call contestants on stuff... given that this is a "game" to a degree - but in some cases, they are playing with peoples lives (or so the doc claims)... which in some respects seems unfair. Oh well, like Survivor I am sure someone will get bit in the behind! (or chewed out... one of the two!)

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    ^^^

Talk about one heck of a post to lead into this week's episode.

Still not sure on some of the names and Team Red's one of them. Wow oh wow did she deserve the, as it's called here in this house, fired at w/both barrels treatment from Bob and Jillian and then some!! Of *course* she threw the weigh in again this week. She's just plain out and out lucky the Grey Team didn't pick them for the switch, because she would have been going home and deservedly so. I mean...There's the Grey Team w/Imminuty this week and they went full out even though they had it.

She did it *again* and again was looking everyone in the eye and lying about her reasoning. Her husband can be as pissed off about it as he wants, but she did deserve getting called out like that. Only people they're hurting are themselves and...Well...Karma bites back eventually.

Miggy and Magdalela (sp?), but the daughter especially...No wonder they've got Blood Pressure problems and if that daughter doesn't get what Jillian was trying to tell her, that emotions are not weakness, but a strength, she's a Heart Attack and/or Stroke Victim waiting to happen. Even if she gets her weight off, not talking about things and sitting in the corner brooding/sulking will still make her at risk for one or both of those things happening.

As for Jillian talking about the impact this has on the third Generation of the family...Well, she's right!! If they keep on the way they have been, showing the Granddaughter/Daughter these horrible non healthy way of living, then the cycle's going to continue. It's too bad the both of them took offense at that and didn't *listen* to what Jillian, and also Bob, was trying to tell them. It's all well and good to say "I want to get Healthy and that's why I'm here...", but to do that, you also have to do an awful lot of work on your emotional and mental issues that got you to the point you're at now.

They're actually hurting themselves too on the Ranch w/this attitude w/the others. You can literally feel it when someone's got a *huge* chip on their shoulder like the daughter does. Who wants to spend time w/someone like that?

I really hope they take the chance they've been given, but right now...They're my vote for this year's Contestants that gain back whatever weight they've lost. If they aren't going to listen and/or realize that bottling everything up is just as unhealthy as stuffing Cheetohs in your face, then...

And then there's Michael...I get why the Grey Team picked them to switch and I honestly don't think it was just because Michael's the biggest guy. I really do believe it was due to Michael's behaviour/attitude during the week. Of course he obviously did work out this week, as he lost ten pounds, but how much more could he have lost if he'd actually worked as hard as the rest of them? So due to that, I understand why a couple of teams voted for Michael to go home.

Maria looks fantastic and awesome for her to continue working on her fear of the water. Loved her throwing a kiss to us under the water.

Wonder what'll happen next week, as it looks like Jillian and Hubby Red get into it over what happened at tonight's weigh in. At least it looked pretty tense in the wee bit we saw in the Promo.

vCash
    Ack! My PVR cut off and I didn't see the promo! However, Red Man seemed STEAMING mad!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    eh, red man can suck it. that pair is tiresome - I was so glad they didn't win immunity. I'm guessing from the preview that Melissa loses like 30 pounds next week

Sorry that Maria had to go, but I'm glad they kept Michael. I was actually hoping the pink team would end up in the bottom cause they're kind of boring (but good for them for pulling it off against all those big guys!).
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast