Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How much time lapses between the last weigh-in and the finale? Ashley may end up being the winner like Helen who surprised everyone a couple of years ago and won.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I picked up the latest book while down in Toronto for CSOI. Since the recipes in the other ones I've gotten have all turned out/been winners, and I still had Christmas Gift Cards to use (Don't ask), I decided 6 Weeks to a Healthier You would be one of the books I got w/the combined two Gift Cards. I started it this weekend and just saw this in the chapter on what previous contestants of the show are doing now/how are they doing...

Contestants from this Season are all featured in it at their starting weights and contestants mentioned all range from the First Season to now. Anyway...The bit that caught my eye?

And the newly engaged Antoine Dove and Alexandra White can start building a healthy, active future together and enjoy each other's compainionship for many years to come.
    Congratulations to yet another match made on Campus that's leading down the aisle!!

vCash
    Anyone watch tonight? I missed it and was wondering who was eliminated and if there was any drama.

vCash
    There was a red line and the lowest percentage of weight loss was automatically eliminated (leaving the final 4 contestants remaining). Sunshine lost the lowest percentage (-2), so that leaves the F4 of Michael, Koli, Daris, and Ashley.

Only real 'drama' was Michael having a breakdown over how much farther he has to go. The rest of the episode was filled with fluff pieces on the contestant's journeys.

Next week the contestants go home for a month and then return to the ranch (I would assume they will run a marathon as they have the last few seasons, although nothing was mentioned). They have their final weigh in, and someone gains 2 pounds.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Wow, I'm surprised that Sunshine was eliminated! I really saw her as a strong contender for the win.

I feel for Michael, but how many times did we have to hear him say "Who comes to the Biggest Loser and leaves obese?" Er..... how about Daniel Wright? Perhaps Shay?

I'm still crossing my fingers for Daris!
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm ready for the marathon!!! and for Daris' time on it!

I love him, but he has nothing to lose anymore. I was shocked with his10 pounds lost.

Can't stand Koli anymore--I notice after the hill challenge, they were all hugging each other and Koli was nowhere to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I feel for Michael, but how many times did we have to hear him say "Who comes to the Biggest Loser and leaves obese?" Er..... how about Daniel Wright? Perhaps Shay?
    I don't think he ever specifically said, but I got the feeling that a lot of his frustration stemmed from the fact that he made it all the way to the end and he was still obese. The clip package from the beginning showed him saying that even if he lost so much weight that he would still be overweight, but I think the reality of him being on the entire time and still leaving heavy (i.e not getting voted off before the end like the other contestants you mentioned) finally caught up to him.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I was hoping for Sunny to stay, but she doesn't have that much more to go either. So they go home for 30 days and come back to weigh in and what happens then - Final 3 or audience vote or what? I was hoping for Koli to go because he was so cocky (and he admitted it).

A lot of them have left obese early- or mid-season (like the twins) but maybe Michael meant "who makes it all the way to the end and leaves obese."
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

Just me
    vCash
    I'm so upset I've missed so much of this toward the end.

I'd love to see Daris win, but I think Ashley may take it all. I'd be happy with her, too. I would like to see the show continue to follow Michael's path after the end of the season.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    I'm so upset I've missed so much of this toward the end.

I'd love to see Daris win, but I think Ashley may take it all. I'd be happy with her, too. I would like to see the show continue to follow Michael's path after the end of the season.

Those pink ladies always do well... Just sayin'

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    A lot of them have left obese early- or mid-season (like the twins) but maybe Michael meant "who makes it all the way to the end and leaves obese."
    Sure, I get that. I thought that Daniel had made it further along in his first season (I can't believe he went home after only 4 weeks! Seemed like longer). Must be because he had lost a lot at home by finale - but still weighed enough that he was starting his 2nd season at a weight comparable to others who hadn't already gone through TBL.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I too was surprised to see Sunny go. I really thought she'd make it all the way to Final Three.

As for Michael's meltdown, that was understandable. At least to me. He's right in a way, who does make it all the way to the end on TBL and leaves the Ranch still obese? Which is what I was hearing, not just leaving the show/Ranch obese, but making it all the way to the end and... Bob was right too though. Look at where he started? Of course he's still got a long way to go, but look at where he's been? He's lost over 200 pounds!! That's awesome!! Mike just wasn't seeing that though and I do get why. ITA w/Bob when I think he needed that breakdown to get through all of that. JMO of course, but I have a feeling now Mike's really going to go after this in a big way.

At least I hope so.

I feel the same way about Koli as someone else said. He's more than likely the reason why I've been getting these odd vibes about Team Grey the last month. I really hope he's not The Biggest Loser, as his behaviour's turned me so off on him. He's admitted he's gotten cocky about this whole thing, so that's got me wondering if he's the one w/the +2 next week? If anyone needs an earthshattering return to Earth out of the Final Four, it's him, so...Just wondering about that.

I'd be thrilled w/Ashley taking it all. There's something just so likable and charming about her. Same w/Daris and since I didn't see Makeover Week last week...HOLY CRAP!!! Talk about what a difference a hair cut makes!! That was unreal!! Even my Mom was stunned when she came down to watch the last hour of the show w/me. It's a new person and he looks wonderful.

Next week looks verrrry interesting. Can't wait to see what happens!!

vCash
    I love Ashley and would love her to win, but her proportions are all off. I know it's about percentage of weight loss, but she isn't losing equally from top to bottom as Sunshine and Darius are losing. She could lose a lot of weight and still be bottom heavy. It's her body type that might hold her back, not weight loss. All the winners in the past have lost weight on all of their body parts, bottom, hips, thighs, upper arms, stomach. It's tough when the weight isn't equally distributed. My bet is on Darius for taking the whole enchilada.
    Last edited by Freespirit; 05-12-2010 at 08:32 PM.

vCash
    ABK! ABK! ABK! (Anyone But Koli)

I didn't really like team Grey since the get go and didn't know why, but now seeing Koli I now have my reason. Thank goodness for PVR because this episode was very fast-forward worthy; I'm looking forward to next week's episode and I hope that Daris kicks some ass.

I ate potato chips throughout this episode!

vCash
    Remembered something from last night. Mom and I had the same reaction when we heard what Sunny's overall weight loss was...

Me : Ohhhhhh!!

Mom : I *know*!!

Two of us at the same time : She just missed losing 100 pounds at the Ranch!!
    One thing about her going home though...O'Neal looks really good!!

vCash
    I really think it's going to be between Ashley and Mike at this point.

Daris is down to 195 already, and is in ridiculously great shape (a 21 minute 5K? Holy crap, I'm betting he gets a marathon down in under 4 hours, maybe even 3.5 hours). The problem is that he's very near his goal weight and his body fat percentage is very low. I would be surprised to see him lose 15 or 20 more pounds by the finale as his muscle continues to build.

I'm betting Koli is the one who gains 2 pounds next week. He's still probably about 40 pounds outside of his goal weight, but something tells me he's going to not keep up while at home. Additionally, if he's under the yellow line, there's absolutely no way he'll be voted into the final 3 by America.

Mike obviously has so much more weight to lose. Ashley has a good 80 pounds yet that she could shed (although as Freespirit mentioned above, her body proportions are kind of funky, I'm not sure how much that's going to throw things off). I'm wondering how driven Mike will be at home... it'll be between these two for the win, I believe. They're both in a dead heat as far as total percentage lost, so I'm going to guess that whoever comes out on top at the weigh-in next week among these 2 will be the one who takes it all at the finale.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    I have no idea who the +2 will be. I think they are all vulnerable in one way or the other. Koli is confident and seemed to think he was cruising in for the win - he could think he can give himself a pass now and then. Daris seems the most driven (without being overconfident like Koli), but he could gain muscle mass too soon. Ashley is not as strong physically as she could be and might not push herself as hard when she is on her own - she also could fall back into her social life. Mike is very emotional and could fall victim to the fact that he has a long way to go - I can also see him not pushing himself as hard as he could.

In recent seasons, there were always 1-2 contestants who would have surprised the heck out of me if they came back from home with a gain. Like Tara, Ali, Mark, Danny. I don't have that feeling here. Daris would surprise me the most, but I could see him bulking up on muscle fairly soon.

vCash
    I think the +2 pounds is Koli because Sam moved to be with Stephanie and the dynamics of Koli/Sam relationship has changed.

vCash
    I think it will be Koli who gains two pounds because it seems they've been setting that up for a few episodes now (Koli doesn't count his calories unlike others).

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GaPeach View Post
    I think the +2 pounds is Koli because Sam moved to be with Stephanie and the dynamics of Koli/Sam relationship has changed.
    That is true, he won't have a partner at home to work out with for the 30 days. Unless Sam goes home to help him.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast