Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I kinda felt that "Red Man" didn't say anything because he realized his wife got caught with her "hands in the cookie jar" so to speak and didn't want to look like a fool defending her. He was looking down the whole time. If she was innocent, he should have been looking Jillian and Bob straight in the eye and at least glowered at them while his wife was defending herself. There's no doubt in my mind that she either over-ate or drank liquids just before the weight-in.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    It is too bad that grey didn't switch them. That would have been priceless.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    From the promos for next week, it seems Red Husband is squarely on his wife's corner.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Freespirit View Post
    I kinda felt that "Red Man" didn't say anything because he realized his wife got caught with her "hands in the cookie jar" so to speak and didn't want to look like a fool defending her. He was looking down the whole time. If she was innocent, he should have been looking Jillian and Bob straight in the eye and at least glowered at them while his wife was defending herself.
    I thought he was deliberately not looking at them because he was trying to control his temper. I expect he is furious at any accusations toward his wife.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I thought he was deliberately not looking at them because he was trying to control his temper. I expect he is furious at any accusations toward his wife.
    True, but you would have thought he would have said something to her defense especially when she asked him at the end if he had anything to say. I thought she was a bit surprised that he didn't speak up. Oh well, next week will tell. I personally like game play. Makes it more interesting.

vCash
    You know, I don't think I'm going to watch this show anymore (and this is my first season). I don't like the game play. I'd rather watch Discovery Health and their shows about weight loss and obesity.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    I think it was the last page where someone said that while Melissa isn't crazy like "Crazy Eyed Tracey" from last season, she didn't think Melissa was on the same level w/the game playing. After tonight, I think Melissa's worse. At least Tracey was up front about it and we all knew she was playing the game from Day One.

Her behaviour during the weigh in said it all. She was saying a good cover, but we can all see thanks to her face she didn't mean it. Why else stand there w/that smug smile on her face and then wink at Miggy? They can be as offended at Jillian as they want, but she's right. Melissa's trying to do a con job on them, and in a way, on us too, but the only ones she's fooling is her husband and herself.

The truly funny thing though? They think they've snowed Bob just because he's told them that he said his piece, that's what he thinks and let's move on. If they *really* think that, then they're more delusional than I think they are.

As for what happened tonight...I'm not as ticked off at her as I was a few hours ago, but still ticked at Magdelia. From the last two weeks of the show...I'm sorry, but have her Mom and her *not* paid attention to the show when they watched it in the past? There's more to all of this than just losing weight and getting healthy. A big part of it is also working on what's going on mental and emotional wise too and as soon as Magdalia started feeling those emotions...She walks out and wants to quit.

Then she stands there in front of everyone and has the gall to say, "I have kids and I have a husband, so send me home!!" And what does she think the rest of them have done? Everyone on that Ranch left family behind. Everyone. That wasn't why she wanted to go home. She wanted to go home so she could go and hide again. It's great she's lost the weight she's lost, but I don't see it being long term. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see it.

Oh and what wife and Mother sends off the letter her Daughter was writing to her Husband?

Dear Daddy,

I want you to come home and stay here forever and never leave me ever again...
    I mean...Seriously!?! That *really* ticked off my Dad. Three of his siblings served during WWII and one didn't come home, so for him to hear first that little girl read what she'd wrote and then Magdalia say, "That's great Honey!!"...

He was less than impressed and we'll leave it at that.

What I was so ticked about though and still am is...How many people apply to get on TBL? It's like once she, and also Miggy to an extent, realized they'd have to do more than just exercise and learn to eat more healthy wise, that's when we heard her whining about wanting to go home. She gave up right there and then.

I've battled w/my weight for years and would love to have the chance to work w/the Team they have on TBL, but Magdalia was given that chance and just threw it away. How many other obese people were watching tonight and feeling the same way? I just feel like she took the spot of someone else who really needed to be there and would have "gotten it".

That's just me though.

That Promo for next week looks to be rather scary. I wonder who it is and what happened?

vCash
    Meh, Melissa's playing the game, but I find her entertaining, so I hope she sticks around.

Can't STAND green, though. They're the type of incredibly defensive people who think they are victims every time and carry their negativity everywhere. I'm glad the 2lbs made no difference. I can't believe all the people who would love this opportunity and Migdalia just wants to give up. Whatever.

I like grey & black & purple. They all seem really genuine.

vCash
    She Red is awful - she's got all the smug of Tracey without the entertaining crazy eyes
    Loved Jillian just going off on her (and He Red too)

I was torn about the reward - if there;s a shared prize I usually want the winners to choose whoever came in 2nd, just to be sporting. but tonight I wanted Team Grey to give the 3 calls to the 3 teams Red Team had given penalties to. Oh well, probably way smarter for them to ahve done it the way they did.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    After tonight, I think Melissa's worse. At least Tracey was up front about it and we all knew she was playing the game from Day One.
    So do I - Tracey was highly competitive from the start, but she spent the first couple of weeks of the show in the hospital and unable to work out so she at least had a reason for her desperation. She tried to justify everything, but she didn't lie about her strategy. Melissa should at least admit what she's up to instead of trying to act so innocent. That said, 12 lbs over 3 weeks is not a great number on the ranch - she is the smallest of the group though.

I don't think Migdalia had enough time to work through her issues, but if her husband was being deployed, I do think she did the right thing by going home to her kids. Her mother was with her so I assume the kids would be looked after by the other grandmother or other relatives, but having their dad in Afghanistan and their mom away for a couple of months would not be the best of situations for the kids.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    I think Tracey showed up will all the desperation, her time in the hospital didn't make her that way - I'd even say her desperation is why she pushed herself too hard and ended up in the hospital on day 1. But it is funny to think how refreshing her openness about game play was now that we're seeing these schemers, who are soooooo concerned with how they're going to look on tv. Really, their overreaction and refusal to acknowledge their strategy is making them look way worse than Jillian/Bob could do on their own.

I'm also ok with Migdalia going home. She wasn't just saying "I've got a husband and kids", she was saying "My husband is leaving to go to a war zone, and I won't get to see him if I stay on this ranch too long". Of course, it brings to question why she did the show in the first place, at least this season, but I don't blame her for leaving when her team was in the bottm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    The truly funny thing though? They think they've snowed Bob just because he's told them that he said his piece, that's what he thinks and let's move on. If they *really* think that, then they're more delusional than I think they are.
    I think this is funny, but not in a comedic way but rather a pathetic way. What's even more "funny" in the same way is that they really think that they can pull one over on Bob and Jillian like that? REALLY? I hate when people toss credentials around to make their case, but Jillian was right, she's the best (or better than most) at what she does, she's seen this type of person hundreds of times and what Mrs. Red is doing just isn't possible without gameplay. Why aren't they comprehending that? They're really going to argue with a fitness professional about something they so obviously know nothing about? Unreal.

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Can't STAND green, though. They're the type of incredibly defensive people who think they are victims every time and carry their negativity everywhere.
    I agree. Even if Mrs. Red hadn't targeted them, I don't think they would have done well.

I LOVE the grey team! Those boys are so determined and open to accepting the change they know they need to make.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    Love the grey team ... they work hard and are sooooo pleased with their results and rightly so.
    Cannot. Stand. The. Red. Team. I was so happy when grey beat red at challenge but then negated my joy when they picked red to get home calls. Probably a good strategic move but ...
    Crazy about sports!

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DubbalinGirl View Post
    I think this is funny, but not in a comedic way but rather a pathetic way. What's even more "funny" in the same way is that they really think that they can pull one over on Bob and Jillian like that? REALLY? I hate when people toss credentials around to make their case, but Jillian was right, she's the best (or better than most) at what she does, she's seen this type of person hundreds of times and what Mrs. Red is doing just isn't possible without gameplay. Why aren't they comprehending that? They're really going to argue with a fitness professional about something they so obviously know nothing about? Unreal.
    That's actually what I meant. Funny in that pathetic delusional way.

Like you, I also hate it when people throw their credentials around, but Jillian had a legitmate point here. I almost choked on my water when Melissa was "telling" Jillian she knew all she needed to know about weight loss in three weeks.

I. Don't. Think. So!!

Bob said something simliar on Jay last night, as Jay brought up the Red Team. Bob basically said he still doesn't believe her "story", but what's done is done and now we move on.

So even though he's told them it's a done issue, we all know Bob doesn't buy it. Even if they don't.

vCash
    I also really dislike that green team. They walked around the ranch with the biggest chip on their shoulders, sulking, not really (apparently) establishing any sort of relationships with any of the other players. And the way Migdalia announced her decision to the group. So obnoxious and disrespectful. The others looked like they were walking on eggshells around the green team. She's really learned nothing about herself, or at least that's what it seems like to me, and I would think she'll gain her weight back in a hurry if something doesn't change. If she wants to go home and see her husband, fine, but don't be so obnoxious to everyone else. And, like someone else said, why was she on the show then? It also drove me crazy the way Miggi kept telling her, "Don't cry!"

And the red team, meh. Melissa is a huge game player. Either that or she is really psycho.

I'm sorry I missed Bob on Jay's show. I never watch this show live any more because I'm catching up on 24 from Monday night. So I didn't know...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimena View Post
    You know, I don't think I'm going to watch this show anymore (and this is my first season). I don't like the game play. I'd rather watch Discovery Health and their shows about weight loss and obesity.
    Jimena, hope you finish the first season, though. The contestants are trying to win 250,000 as well as lose weight, so there has to be strategies and some sore of "game play" involved.

vCash
    I LOVE the Gray team!

Red team--I thought Jillian was going Melissa. Melissa has Mr. Red wrapped around her little finger. He thinks she is perfect and will do anything for her.

vCash
    Can someone explain how you throw a weigh-in, and why?

Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agalisgv View Post
    Can someone explain how you throw a weigh-in, and why?

Thanks!
    Water loading - drinking lots of water before a weigh-in in order to produce a bigger weight loss the following week.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast