Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    I just read a long rant a couple of days ago on the subject of Americans and their obsession with clean scents and how it is ruining perfume.

The Norway house at DisneyWorld/EPCOT passes out free samples of Laila and it's very popular with Americans. I actually like the light, white floral of it, but that sharp watermelon is too much for me, even though it calms a bit during the dry down.
    Watermelon? Really? Never heard of the fragrance. Is is soft?

vCash
    I am CK type of girl, Obsession, Eternity and Escape in particular. But I also love fruity scents esp Cherry, Strawberry and Peach. As a teen I loved getting Dewberry (from the Body Shop). That was my favourite.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I just read a long rant a couple of days ago on the subject of Americans and their obsession with clean scents and how it is ruining perfume.
    Well, that's silly. It's not like the clean frags are killing other types of scents--that's been accomplished by the fruity florals. So it's the tweens and tweens-at-heart all around the world who are ruining perfume.
    The Norway house at DisneyWorld/EPCOT passes out free samples of Laila and it's very popular with Americans. I actually like the light, white floral of it, but that sharp watermelon is too much for me, even though it calms a bit during the dry down.
    It seemed pretty well behaved to me but perhaps the sample was old.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    It seemed pretty well behaved to me but perhaps the sample was old.
    I really dislike melon smells, so the watermelon in it leaps right out at me at first. Once it dries down, it's not too bad, but I can still smell it every now and then.

And why is watermelon in a perfume that is supposed to be the essence of Norway, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Watermelon? Really? Never heard of the fragrance. Is is soft?
    It's a pretty clean and simple scent, very summery. It's also supposed to be a scent you can wear around people who have allergic reactions to perfume: http://www.essortment.com/all/perfumeallergy_rvtl.htm
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I really dislike melon smells, so the watermelon in it leaps right out at me at first. Once it dries down, it's not too bad, but I can still smell it every now and then.

And why is watermelon in a perfume that is supposed to be the essence of Norway, anyway?
    Weird, I didn't get watermelon at all. It was just a very clean, cold and very mild white floral. I agree that a watermelon note hardly belongs in a Scandinavian fragrance. Le shrug.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash

Creed

Green irish tweed and the Imperiele Millisimme

to die for

vCash
    It's a pretty clean and simple scent, very summery. It's also supposed to be a scent you can wear around people who have allergic reactions to perfume: http://www.essortment.com/all/perfumeallergy_rvtl.htm
    I'll have to check it out. I am allergic to most fragrances. I am allergic to certain flowers, especially lilies of any sort. Though, I don't think I'd like the melony scent. I seem to do well with a few fragrances, not sure why they don't bother me. Cashmere, Paradise, and Vera Wang. The Paradise and Wang are heavy floral, so...?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Vera Wang has several fragrances like VW Bouquet, Veil, etc. And yes, I think they are all florals.

I saw this on the Sephora site and thought of Prancer: Bvlgari Green Tea http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...tegoryId=C7823

described as clean, crisp and fresh it sounds like something up your alley, Prancer. I haven't smelled it myself however so cannot say for sure.

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Paging Prancer:

I discovered three delightful fragrances that might interest you:

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil: Green Mango, Grapefruit, Calamus, Lotus, Sycamore, Frankincense
    Un Jardin Apres La Mousson: Sweet Lime, Ginger, Green Notes, Coriander, Pepper, Cardamom seed, Aquatic Notes, Vetiver, Longose
    Un Jardin Mediterranee: Fig Tree, Mastic Tree, Red Cedar, Bergamot, Orange Blossom and White Oleander.

I have to say that Jean-Claude Ellena is to perfume what Thomas Keller is to cuisine. He is nothing short of a genius. Every creation of his for Hermes I've sampled so far is more of an olfactory poem than perfume.

They are all by Hermes (pardon my lack of accents, way too lazy) and are all clean, fresh and lovely. Not my cup of tea but I really appreciate the sophistication and the art that went into these creations. Bravo!
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 08-06-2010 at 06:01 AM.

from Speedy Death

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021