Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    ((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    We (IceAlica and myself) trying to do is see if we can order with US address for delivery and US address on a credit card. The only option for payment in the order confirmation we've received was "wire transfer".

When I played with the site, and put in "location" an address in Italy, and credit card address in USA, I got two options for payment: on-line credit card payment, or wire transfer. When you proceed, with Credit Card address linked to USA, the site eliminates the credit card options. I am pretty sure the eleven.se site does not want to take Credit Cards outside EU banking system, for various reasons, such as security, identity verifications, etc..
    You're probably right. They say they sell within Europe. They have a 3rd party provider for credit cards (Auriga ePayment), so it's probably not up to eleven.se which countries are approved. Looking at Auriga's site I noticed that they're about to start offering payments via PayPal, so orders outside Europe might become easier if eleven.se decides to offer the PayPal solution.

Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    A cloyingly over-sweet violet note makes me feel sick to my stomach...
    Me too. :/ It smells rotten to my nose, and violet essential oils smell absolutely horrid on my skin.

Queen of Crossbones worked out quite nicely, and might be my favourite Arcana perfume to date.

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    What's Laila, a white floral?
    A white floral with a sharp watermelon note

Is someone wearing Burberry?
    Admins can see all the ads at the top of the pages here. Google has the ads customized to user based on location and posts. Ever since I posted that comment about Old Spice, I've been seeing ads for Old Spice on every. single. page.

Sometimes the ads are amusing.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    L'Heure Bleue for me today

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba View Post
    Thinking of Samsara for tomorrow.
    Samsara is not for the faint at heart!
    Please describe Samsara to us. It's been a long time since I sniffed it at a department store and have no memory of it.
    Samsara

My mother marinates in wears Samsara 24/7/365. IMO it's a very strong fragrance. Although the top note in it is Jasmine (which on Mom seems to diffuse pretty quickly), it is heavily punctuated with primarily spicy, woodsy notes - namely Amber, Sandalwood, Ylang-Ylang, Vanilla, Bergamot, Peach, Lemon, and your favorite, Patchouli.

I told my mom that if Nieman Marcus ever opened a Head Shop, Samsara is exactly how it would smell .

She was *not* amused.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    If I go to hell it will smell like a white floral with lots and lots of patchouli.

Cyn, try to present your mom with a scent you can both like. It worked for me and my mom who used to bathe in Vera Wang Veil. I decided to go the diplomatic route and gave her a tub of Sonia Rykiel that's absolutely divine on her. I watch her bottle like a hawk and when she start to approach the bottom, I buy her another tub.

Now I am praying she won't buy the Kardashian Krap.

Prancer, sorry about the Old Spice ad. That's just not right. Post something about scents you like, may be it will help. Should we henceforth refer to it as OS lest Google keeps up its stinky work?
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Prancer, sorry about the Old Spice ad. That's just not right. Post something about scents you like, may be it will help. Should we henceforth refer to it as OS lest Google keeps up its stinky work?
    It was Fragrance.net there for a while.

Oh, well. OS isn't nearly as bad as some of the ads topics here bring up.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

vCash
    Okay, so most of my samples haven't yet arrived.
    But, yesterday I tried Prada L'eau Ambree, and liked it.
    My husband, however, thinks that it is too, ahem, mature...

So, Fragrance Goddesses, please don't spare my feelings. *Is* L'eau Ambree favored by senior citizens?

vCash
    Bucking the tide of good taste today in Wicked Wahine !!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Bountifully Enmeshed
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TygerTyger View Post
    So, Fragrance Goddesses, please don't spare my feelings. *Is* L'eau Ambree favored by senior citizens?
    L'eau Ambree is an amber--THE amber, even--and amber is one of the two scents I most associate with (ahem) old lady perfume.

That said, I think most senior citizens would hate this perfume, as it's not your grandma's amber. It's not the sweet amber, but more of a bitter, with a strong oriental influence (the patchouli! ). It's almost a unisex perfume--very light, not sweet, dry and woody after it dries down. I think all of the Prada perfumes are too much for teenagers, and that might come across as the perfume of a "mature" woman, but I would say it's more an adult scent than an old lady scent.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Years ago my husband rebelled against my Anna Sui scent that was too powdery to him. In retrospect I actually agree. So we went to Sephora and spent hours until we found a scent we both liked--it was Hanae Mori. I am over it now and wear the vanilla-based gourmands because:

1) They are the only perfume I like
    2) They are the only perfume hubby likes

Take Mr. TygerTyger with you perfume shopping. If he doesn't want to go, you can have him sniff those samples that are coming in the mail. Hopefully you can arrive at a consensus.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash

Please describe Samsara to us. It's been a long time since I sniffed it at a department store and have no memory of it.
    Well I am not good in creating colourful descriptions of perfumes, I just like some and dislike others. It is more on a physical and emotional than artistic level for me .
    Some compare Samsara with salted blood, others with cotton candy, but for me it is closer to tulip stamens . There is definitely something otherwordly and intimate about this perfume. I percept it as something only for me, that is not aimed at provocating, or seducing, or stating anything at all. So probably when someone wants to stay alone with himself (not because everyone ran away trying to escape the odour) this is the right choice.
    I would not call it vintage, since it is relatively new, but I am agree that pouring oneself with it evey day is no good . No matter how sophisticated or elite a perfume is - when it is worn for all possible occasions - the flair disappears and what is worse - it becomes annoying.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    That's an interesting perspective. Made me think of this article on how to smell perfume.

Given that the smell center is right next to the memory and emotion center in the brain, it only makes sense that certain scents evoke memories and emotions.

Tomorrow I think I will be in the mood for Lolita Lempicka, either the original or L. I have been neglecting L.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    This article basically describes it very well. Sometimes I read posts on perfume forums and get really amazed with verbal abilities of some of the posters.

IceAlisa, what othe LL fragrances do you have? Have you tried anything besides the original LL, L and Forbidden Flower?

In my collection of LLs besides the abovementioned scents there are:
    LL edt
    LL Masculin (I adore that!)
    LL Masculin Fresh
    L Coral Flower
    and LL Amarena Whim

I am waiting for the new Si Lolita fragrance in our stores to try it.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    The only other LL available here is Coral Flower which I hate. Smells like laundry detergent to me.
    I would love to try the others if they are vanilla-based gourmands. That's my prerequisite.

What's Amarena Whim like? Could you post the notes?

ETA: found a review on fragrantica: cherry, almond and vanilla/musk base. Sounds divine. And completely unavailable in the US. Is there another wire transfer in my future?

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    So my two samples of Vanille Galante and Ambre Narguile are here, both by Hermessense.

Right now I have Ambre Narguile on my left wrist and Vanille Galante on the right.

Wow. These are really sophisticated scents.

Ambre Narquile: not your grandmother's amber. I get a lot of honey and a hint of smoke, like tobacco. Then I get a bit of apple but the smoke intensifies with time and gets more cinnamon. If you can imagine yourself eating an apple with honey (like for the Jewish New Year) with a touch of cinnamon in a smoky bar, you'd get the impression of Ambre Narguile. A very interesting and unusual creation but not for me. Together with cinnamon and smoke this makes me think of Morocco for some reason.

Vanille Galante: a very gentle and pretty WHITE FLORAL. I do not get vanilla at all but I get a very delicate, white lily blossom that I would definitely save up for and treasure had I been a white floral fan. But I am not. I bet my mom will be all over this sample.
    It seems to be pretty linear and still hasn't changed for the last 20 minutes. Still no vanilla. May be a light hint of seawater.

Overall, really interesting, sophisticated scents, Ambre Narguile being the more interesting of the two. Will not be buying either.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I'm wearing Kingdom today, in honor of it's creator.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    I'm wearing Kingdom today, in honor of it's creator.
    Yes, really sad. What an amazing bottle Kingdom comes in.

ETA: Wow, Tinami is resourceful. I tried to find Amarena by LL online and couldn't but Tinami did.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 02-12-2010 at 01:39 AM.

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Since I can no longer edit, reporting on the Vanille Ambree by Acorelle in a double post (totally not using accents due to a severe bout of laziness): patchouli bug spray.

My mom fell in love with the Hermes Vanille Galante, the one without any vanilla but with extremely gentle and sophisticated white flowers. White floral lovers, check it out. It's pricey but absolutely heavenly if you are into that sort of thing. Even I, the white floral hater can appreciate although would not wear it myself.
    Last edited by IceAlisa; 02-14-2010 at 06:43 AM.

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Started the day in Kingdom, then switched to Ava Luxe Cafe Noir later in the day...

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Tomorrow Pink Sugar!

nubka, Cafe Noir sounds yummy.

from Speedy Death

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast